9-4 at least from here on out?

I would say 9 wins yearly is doable. Win 3 in the non conf. schedule yearly, then 5 in the Big 12 yearly and a bowl victory would give us 9. A good year would bring 10 wins, a great year would be 11-12 wins IMO. The ultimate would be a title, but with the way the Big 12 is that will be rough for the next few years at least.

This year we had a really favorable schedule (or at least, KU/CU/maybe Baylor at home)... next year we have a tougher one with an offense which is going to need time to gel... and I'm not sure one season is going to be enough to do it.

My predictions

FAU, win (although careful, this Howard Schnellenberger team is turning into a Central/South Florida)

Arkansas State, win

at VA Tech, loss (most everyone back but 'Macho' Harris)

Louisiana-Lafayette, win

at Missouri, toss-up, hopefully Witt/Green will be better than Gabbert

Tech, win

ISU, win

at Baylor, toss-up, Griffin is going to just get better

Oklahoma, loss, sorry... not ready yet

at Kansas, loss, what I expect to be the north division champion

K-State, win

at Colorado, loss, Buffs going to be in much better shape at home next year

Assuming we lose one toss-up... I'm predicting a 7-6 or 8-5 season... which I would be happy with considering an entirely new QB, inexperienced receiving corps.

Bo was set up pretty well this season with Ganz and company... I'm glad Watson is going to be coming back at least.

Now, if we have a QB/receivers who step right in with success... perhaps we get those 9 wins.

But generally, I think Husker fans should be prepared for a 'rebuilding year'... if we can do that and go bowling again, I'll be pleased.

seriously? people have been saying this for 3 years now... that team isnt going anywhere

I'm not calling for CU 'go anywhere'... merely beat us in Boulder.

They basically come back with the same team they had this year... one which we needed a record field goal to beat at home.

I'm just being realistic. We're Colorado's red letter game... they're going to be very motivated to avenge the loss we handed them... and they aren't going to be developing a new group of players to do it.

Of course I'll be ecstatic to be proven wrong.

I think anything short of 8 wins in a season you better start digging your bags out from underneath the bed if your a HC in Nebraska. With 8 wins you might be looking for a coach to fire as a scapegoat. 9 wins or more you should be secure...but then ask Solich about this one...

Ya I dont get the colorado thing either. We spotted them 14 points before the game even really got started and lost out on about 21 points because we sputtered in the red zone. That game could have and should have been a complete blowout. I dont understand how everyone is so high on KU either. Yes we are losing our starting qb but KU loses all of its starting linebackers. Two of which have started for three years I believe. Sure their skill players on offense are coming back but that doesnt take away the fact that our d line and o line flat out dominated both of their lines. There we do lose Murtha and Slauson but Murtha was hurt for the majority of the year and IMO Ricky Henry will be just fine replacing Slauson. We are bringin in much, much more talented linebackers in Whaley, Compton and Fisher with the addition of Turner and Josh Williams on the d line. IMO the only two question marks going into next season are consistency at qb and wr. Holt stepped up this year but the gator bowl showed that paul has a ways to go to be as consistent as swift and peterson.

I think anything short of 8 wins in a season you better start digging your bags out from underneath the bed if your a HC in Nebraska. With 8 wins you might be looking for a coach to fire as a scapegoat. 9 wins or more you should be secure...but then ask Solich about this one...

I don't think so, we learned the hard way what happens win you start firing coaches to early. Bo's job is secure and he is doing a great job. The kids are playing hard and will start being competitive in every game they play in.