For the Defense

NUpolo8

:bonez:bonez:bonez

I never thought I'd say this season that the defense would keep NU alive in a game. That was absolutely outstanding.

The two things I am taking away from this more than anything are:

Heart. I have not seen a Nebraska team gut check themselves like that after a half in a looooonnnng time.

Adjustments. A different team came out for the 3rd quarter. I hope that team sticks around awhile.

The defense kept us in the first half...the only reason we weren't down 14 pts or more probably. Outstanding play by the whole defense...and I hope that nobody is going to go after West on that TD...there wasn't a lot more that he could have done...and I am tired of seeing people pick on him. I think this defense played as a team, and they all deserve a lot of credit for this one.

The defense kept us in the first half...the only reason we weren't down 14 pts or more probably. Outstanding play by the whole defense...and I hope that nobody is going to go after West on that TD...there wasn't a lot more that he could have done...and I am tired of seeing people pick on him. I think this defense played as a team, and they all deserve a lot of credit for this one.

You're right. There is no way Anthony West could have done anymore on that play. For chrissakes the receiver is 6'5" and Harper put it the only place his receiver had a chance for it.

The D played lights-out. I'm not sure I've seen a more impressive 2nd half in recent memory.

Man it felt like the Blackshirts were finally back. Super job, Defense! Even after the offense put the team behind the 8-ball, it was friggen awesome to watch the defense keep them in the game while the offense figured out a way to pull their heads out.

Props to the whole team on this one -- it was definitely a team effort today.

And props go to Clemson's defense. Those guys were completely sick and unreal. You guys find a bit of offense and you'll be ACC champs and Orange Bowl bound a year from now!