what you will/won't miss

I'll miss:

1. His determintation

2. His leadership

I won't miss:

1. He tried to make something out of nothing too often. Example: End of Texas Tech game, Colorado game when he caused Henery to have to kick the 57 yarder.

Overall, a short, but great career. A nice kid and a good leader.

ill miss......

1. his leadership

2. his playmaking

3. his 2 main receivers

4. his determination

5. his underratedness by the media

6. his stats

7. the career he could've had, if he were a starter the entire 07 season

i wont miss......

1. the near heart attacks he's given me over the last few months

ill miss......

1. his leadership

2. his playmaking

3. his 2 main receivers

4. his determination

6. his stats

i wont miss......

:yeah

I actually have nothing about him that I "won't" miss. I am very thankful for him being here and would love to see more in the same "mold". History will really shine brightly on what he meant to this team and this staff.

THANK YOU.... Joe Ganz! Best of luck to you in anything you do in the future.

Will miss:

1: leadership

2: mobility

3: guts

Won't miss:

1: penchant for bonehead plays

2: his cubfanedness (Cubs suck)

Number 1 thing I will miss is his love for the Cubs

2. His great leadership

3. Sticking in during every play and taking hits

Won't miss

1. Him trying to go faster than he needs to but overall there isn't many things that I won't miss about him

ill miss......

1. his leadership

2. his playmaking

3. his 2 main receivers

4. his determination

6. his stats

i wont miss......

:yeah But I also realize that his determination to win was what caused those near heart attacks. We could have been 10-3 if not for that interception in OT...but it wasn't to be. How many times did he save our bacon with a great play, where we could have lost the game? The bowl game was one of them. He had good and bad plays in it...if we would have lost, what would people be saying now? His numbers was not all that different from the Clemson QB... He got MVP, but there were a lot of other guys that made some great plays that didn't make some of the game changing mistakes he did. It is all perception. If we would have lost, I guarantee you that someone would have jumped on this board and started with how Ganz cost us the game(s).

Like I say, it is all perception. Ganz did a good job overall IMHO. :cheers Nobody is perfect. Especially when your in a rebuilding year. Who ever is the QB next year is going to make a lot more bone headed mistakes, you can count on that. There will be a learning curve. When it happens, there will be those people that have been quick to criticize moaning that they wish they had Ganz or someone like him for one more year. That will be the ultimate tribute to Ganz...and all the good QB's before him. But we will be "stuck" with who ever it is that gets to come in and take over...and we need to support him just as well as we have Ganz - even when he did give us the near heart attacks.

Ganz's numbers puts him towards the top of the list when it comes to single season stats...nothing to be ashamed of at all. Would be interesting to see what he could have done with two, or three more seasons as starter. That is one reason I am not opposed to bringing in a younger QB next year, if he is ready. Experience is everything, but you have to have the chance to get it.

ill miss......

1. his leadership

2. his playmaking

3. his 2 main receivers

4. his determination

6. his stats

i wont miss......

I actually have nothing about him that I "won't" miss. I am very thankful for him being here and would love to see more in the same "mold". History will really shine brightly on what he meant to this team and this staff.

Amen.

He became my favorite all time NU QB when he admitted to being a Cub fan. We Cub fans have to stick together.

ill miss......

1. his leadership

2. his playmaking

3. his 2 main receivers

4. his determination

6. his stats

i wont miss......

Amen.

He became my favorite all time NU QB when he admitted to being a Cub fan. We Cub fans have to stick together.

<_< May have to hold that one against both of you....

What I will miss:

1. His command of the offense

2. His leadership

3. His knowledge

4. The many man crushes that grown men in the Husker Nation have on him

5. The ability to find Swift or Peterson when a play breaks down

6. His bobblehead running style

7. His witty banter at the Press Conferences

8. His sideburns

What I won’t miss:

1. His running of the option

2. His occasional lapse in decision making

3. That fact that as a result of “What I will miss #4” he can do no wrong in some folks eyes and got a pass by these people even when a pass was not deserved.

4. Getting Player of the Game even if he didn’t deserve it (not just him it happens with most games and the winning QB)

The “what I will” far out weigh the “what I won’t”. This kid was a gamer and he will be missed, as will a lot of the senior class.

A couple weeks ago in another thread I made a comment about how Ganz may be our most important player but he can throw a pick 6 with the best of them. Well.........

That pitch was kind of a pick 6 and he almost threw another one.......and he still made some great plays to lead us to vistory.

The kid has guts and leadership, mobility, and a better arm than people give him credit for... and once in a while makes some scary decisions with the ball.