How did Joe Ganz get the game's MVP and not Suh??

I personally think your player of the game should be Cullen Harper. Hats off to Suh, Ganz, and Steinkuhler though. Especially to Ganz for playing with a gimpy leg and most likely a minor concussion.

Nah, if that's the case, it should be your O-Line. :lol:

Oline did fine for large portions of the game, he ran out of the pocket about 15 times before it showed any sign of collapse. dont get me wrong, they're still not that good, but Harper had happy feet (and inaccurate arm)

I personally think your player of the game should be Cullen Harper. Hats off to Suh, Ganz, and Steinkuhler though. Especially to Ganz for playing with a gimpy leg and most likely a minor concussion.

:violin

There are some here that will argue that Niles Paul was your player of the game.

It was the great play of Suh and Steinkuhler that took Harper out of his game. We'll stick with our players and you can keep yours.

Sorry...Steinkuhler had my vote.

:yeah without a doubt!

Absolutely! They HAD to double team him or he was a one man wrecking ball. With out that, Suh would have had the double team and was before Stien became a real problem for them (which was emediately). 6 of one and a half dozen of another. I'll vote Sthinkuhler too. Loved it.

Nah, if that's the case, it should be your O-Line. :lol:

Um did you see OUR O-Line? It looked like an Orange and Grape juice waterfall all day long in the Husker backfield.

Sorry...Steinkuhler had my vote.

Steinkuhler was able to have the game he did because of Suh. Clemson constantly double teamed Suh early in the game which gave Stein so many one-on-one blocks that to his credit he was routinely beating.

That's the thing about guys like Suh, he does more for your line than fill up the stat sheet. When offenses have to build blocking schemes around the guy it opens up so much more for the other guys to make plays.

Ganz was the MVP of the game?

YUP.

He did throw two TD passes, both excellent, probably should have had a TD that I think Swift dropped.

YUP.

I don't see how one can conclude that the 21, almost 28 points scored for the other team where all off mistakes by the QB of the Huskers ... and that makes him MVP?

YUP

:worship

the GANZINATOR

he'll be hard to replace in 2009.

1. Suh

2. Castille

3. Henery

4. Ganz

Ganz mistakes nearly cost Nebraska the game.

put ty in henerys place and it looks good

Henery put points on the board when we needed them. Ty was a force on the D-line that Clemson underestimated in the first half while double teaming Suh.....who was still able to make plays. Look at Suh's numbers and consistency all game. The tackle for losses and the blocked FG attempt which was the icing on the cake for me on why he should of been MVP.

Steinkuhler gets my vote. If you compare the two QB's the numbers aren't all that much different. The offense, not just Ganz, cost us quite a few points on turnovers. The defense created and ended up dominating their offense. They were supposed to have such a great run attack, but was limited to a total of 4 yards...unbelievable!! If it hadn't been for the passing game, they would have had no offense. Steinkuler seemed to be involved in every play...

The main reason Ganz got it was because CBS's commentators were pro offense...HOF QB being involved. BOTH defenses played a heck of a game...

Too many great plays to single one out...one of Castille's runs maybe could have been the play of the game...or the Official in the box that reversed the Witt fumble...that probably was the play of the game...and in this case I believe he got it right.

Not hating but damn.

Also, how was Witt getting the ball knocked out of his hands while his knee was down CBS's play of the game??

yeah, that confused me too. Looking back the play of the game was the blocked feild goal by Suh or the sack when Clemson was at the 10

It looked like the announcers didn't even know that was going to be the play of the game. They were describing a different play with Ganz before they noticed what the play being displayed was. "Oh, whoops." And they started talking about Witt. Who decides these things, anyway?

Not hating but damn.

Also, how was Witt getting the ball knocked out of his hands while his knee was down CBS's play of the game??

yeah, that confused me too. Looking back the play of the game was the blocked feild goal by Suh or the sack when Clemson was at the 10

It looked like the announcers didn't even know that was going to be the play of the game. They were describing a different play with Ganz before they noticed what the play being displayed was. "Oh, whoops." And they started talking about Witt. Who decides these things, anyway?

There is a whole thread already on the coverage on this game...CBS blew it big time. Talk about being unprepared to broadcast a game...they couldn't even pronounce Suh.

Kudos to Ganz for his toughness, but IMO he was not the MVP, too many mistakes, scratch that, too many common mistakes that he has made all year, the guys hung tough, my MVP goes to Castille and the O line for making great yardage in the 2nd half to keep putting points on the board. Castille deserves a big :thumbs Also giving the MVP to the replay official, if college football did not have replay NU just lost the Gator Bowl.

Kudos to Ganz for his toughness, but IMO he was not the MVP, too many mistakes, scratch that, too many common mistakes that he has made all year, the guys hung tough, my MVP goes to Castille and the O line for making great yardage in the 2nd half to keep putting points on the board. Castille deserves a big :thumbs Also giving the MVP to the replay official, if college football did not have replay NU just lost the Gator Bowl.

:box:box

Sorry, but I disagree about the O-line being MVP...they got beat bad the first half, and were part of the reason for the turnovers.