Biggest Suprise of 2008

Biggest Surprise - Roy Helu

C'mon, who expected him to blow past Lucky and Castille both?

I would put Suh in there, but we all knew he had the potential to wreck havoc. We just finally got to see him put it all together.

No doubt, Helu was the "scatback that the coaches loved" who was very clearly the 3rd or 4th guy last year. He made some strides and got some serious hype in the offseason, then exploded on the scene this year and made Q an afterthought/future linebacker in most fans' eyes (until last game, and now we have a bunch of people clamoring for Q to start again :))

For me, Ganz, Glenn, and Henery were also some of the biggest surprises. Glenn, because I never expected him to really do well at LB. Henery, because I figured Adi would be handling the long kicks and had no idea what a special, consistent guy we had in Henery. And Ganz, because I really expected him to be rattled easily, have a 55% or lower completion rate, and throw a ton of picks. I thought he would have more than his share of struggles, but boy is that kid a gamer. Never would have thought he'd pull a Zac Taylor. Turns out, Zac wasn't kidding about this Ganz kid when he said he "knew the offense better than me."

Biggest surprise....Henery. That kid was clutch all year!

Biggest dissapointment....Kunalic. What happened to kicking the ball through the end zone after the first 3 games?

Completely agree- but I would also add Potter and maybe Murillo

Sort of agree. But.... Adi had a great bowl game --- kicked several unreturnable pick offs keeping Spiller from hurting us worse. So, I'd say I expected Adi to be awesome and he was merely good. Next year, I expect again he'll be awesome --- why not, he's still young and developing.

Gonna throw a vote in there for McNeil, didn't expect anything out of him or the TE's this year. And he had a pretty good year

I am amending my pick. I will put McNeil up there with Henery. He showed steady and quality improvement all year. He will be one of our "go to" guys next season.

I think for me it's a tie between Helu and the entire defensive line in general.

I mean really, nobody predicted Helu to come out like he did.

:yeah After last year's performance, this was the biggest surprise for me. To me, the O played pretty close to how they went out last year, but the D has changed dramatically...biggest improvement and surprise.

I don't think that I would put Adi in there. I was wondering if maybe they were trying to get him to put more heigth on the ball to try and pin them deep IDK for sure it just seemed that way. either way that didn't work with the missed tackles this year on kickoffs. The bowl game Clemson had a great returner and I guarantee the coaches were telling him to kick it through the end zone.

I would have to say my pick would have to be the whole D-line they were horrid last year and physically looked different as well as their play, but if I had to pick one it would have to be, Suh by the end of the season he was up to the caliber of Dorsey and No I haven't been drinking this morning. I just hope he stays for one more go!!!

Who in your opinion was the biggest suprise of 2008?

In my mind it was Ganz, Swift, or Suh. Those guys played out of there heads.

I'm gonna go with Helu he came out of no where and helped our team reestablish the running game which lead to us being one of the best teams in the Nation in T.O.P category and the helps the defense by keeping them off the field and so on and so forth...

Who in your opinion was the biggest suprise of 2008?

In my mind it was Ganz, Swift, or Suh. Those guys played out of there heads.

Yes, they certainly did, but they were team leaders going into the season, so, I didn't find it much of a surprise that they stepped up the way they did - it would have been surprising if they hadn't.

THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!!!

After thinking about this.... Ganz, Suh, Swift... I thought they would have have a good year. My pick has to be Helu and unbelievably Lucky. Lucky played dam hard this year. Much harder than his prior years added together. Also I have to say Wortman was a very nice suprise!

I agree with you about Helu, Lucky, and Wortman.