The trip from my couch.

mmmtodd

That story was awesome.

And Busch Light is awesome.

There should never be kids around me either when the game is on. It's constant cussing, name calling, coffee table fist pounding, jumping and screaming... I just want my 4 hrs a week for the short football season!

After a pretty heavy New Years Eve celebration, my alarm clock went off exactly as I had set it at noon on the 31st(im a thinker).... at 10:45 AM on the 1st. My buddy Gerry was back visiting from the Air Force, and his parents, the Jamison's, always put on great watch parties and live about 8 miles away down a gravel road.

Wake up, check the board, take a shower, hit liquor store, then off to watch my 'skers. Had 'er all planned out. So I hit the snooze. No biggie, its 11 now, got plenty of time. Cursory check of the board, hop in the shower, throw on the jeans, boots, official Lucky jersey, and my white blackshirts hat that I would later realize, after much head shaking and deep breaths, my dog must have marked, and head to the pick-up.

Blast over to Beaver<lake> Liquor, pick up 18 pack of Busch Light tallboys and a handle of Morgan (cheapest Busch on the lake at Beaver Liquor btw) then 90 miles an hour down Wee Wah road to the Jamisons.

Arrive 5 minutes before kick-off (perfection). Sample awesome chicken cheese dip, chili, various venison products, and find that even the beer fridge in the garage is completely full. Liquor store run unnecessary. We should be droppin like flies by half of the Rose Bowl.

Game starts, Im a wreck. I dont sit until halftime, and thats only to catch my breath, then I grab a bowl chili, stand and eat that. The second half is an emotional roller coaster, with every big play followed by me showing off an amazing vertical then running around both tv rooms giving everyone a high five. Im l told I scared the crap out of the little kids. I respond with something about how its good for them, and they'll be great Husker fans one day because of my passion. I spend commercial breaks wondering if Im right, and if I should calm it down a bit. Soon as the game comes back on, Im a mindless screaming red clad hulk of emotion. The kids are gonna have to deal.

I pick up on the extremely long TV timeouts after changes of possession, and head to the restroom. Someone with the remote had been muting the game at commercials the whole time. I hear a TV come back on, and freak. Knocking a picture off of the wall, I run into the living room with one hand still on the prize to find they just wanted to hear the audio to that oh so funny comm. where the guy throws the controller through the flat panel. Oh hahaha, picture is f'ed, in the ad and in the bathroom.

The last few minutes of the game are a blur, but I distinctly remember thinking it how glad I was the Huskers won, because I know myself and know I would be in a severe depression until August. The win is literally good for my health.

Everyone pretends to get into the Rose Bowl while pouring themselves massive amounts of liquor------side note to south carolina peeps, Mr Jamison had this Iced Tea Liquor that he said he picked up in your fine state, cant find it around here, I cant remember the name, we mixed it with lemonade and it rocked, and if you kindly know what im talking about, I think it would be the right thing for me to do to replace the several bottles we crushed in about an hour------- and to celebrate everyone starts breaking out various game they killed this year and throwing it on the grill. I lose track of the night after this point, but I do know it was delicious.

And somewhere around 1:30 AM on the 2nd I made it back to my couch.

The End.

The sweet tea liquor is called Firefly, its an 80 proof sweet tea flavored vodka. That stuff flowed like water the first few weeks of clemson tailgating (when it was ungodly hot outside)

After a pretty heavy New Years Eve celebration, my alarm clock went off exactly as I had set it at noon on the 31st(im a thinker).... at 10:45 AM on the 1st. My buddy Gerry was back visiting from the Air Force, and his parents, the Jamison's, always put on great watch parties and live about 8 miles away down a gravel road.

Wake up, check the board, take a shower, hit liquor store, then off to watch my 'skers. Had 'er all planned out. So I hit the snooze. No biggie, its 11 now, got plenty of time. Cursory check of the board, hop in the shower, throw on the jeans, boots, official Lucky jersey, and my white blackshirts hat that I would later realize, after much head shaking and deep breaths, my dog must have marked, and head to the pick-up.

Blast over to Beaver<lake> Liquor, pick up 18 pack of Busch Light tallboys and a handle of Morgan (cheapest Busch on the lake at Beaver Liquor btw) then 90 miles an hour down Wee Wah road to the Jamisons.

Arrive 5 minutes before kick-off (perfection). Sample awesome chicken cheese dip, chili, various venison products, and find that even the beer fridge in the garage is completely full. Liquor store run unnecessary. We should be droppin like flies by half of the Rose Bowl.

Game starts, Im a wreck. I dont sit until halftime, and thats only to catch my breath, then I grab a bowl chili, stand and eat that. The second half is an emotional roller coaster, with every big play followed by me showing off an amazing vertical then running around both tv rooms giving everyone a high five. Im l told I scared the crap out of the little kids. I respond with something about how its good for them, and they'll be great Husker fans one day because of my passion. I spend commercial breaks wondering if Im right, and if I should calm it down a bit. Soon as the game comes back on, Im a mindless screaming red clad hulk of emotion. The kids are gonna have to deal.

I pick up on the extremely long TV timeouts after changes of possession, and head to the restroom. Someone with the remote had been muting the game at commercials the whole time. I hear a TV come back on, and freak. Knocking a picture off of the wall, I run into the living room with one hand still on the prize to find they just wanted to hear the audio to that oh so funny comm. where the guy throws the controller through the flat panel. Oh hahaha, picture is f'ed, in the ad and in the bathroom.

The last few minutes of the game are a blur, but I distinctly remember thinking it how glad I was the Huskers won, because I know myself and know I would be in a severe depression until August. The win is literally good for my health.

Everyone pretends to get into the Rose Bowl while pouring themselves massive amounts of liquor------side note to south carolina peeps, Mr Jamison had this Iced Tea Liquor that he said he picked up in your fine state, cant find it around here, I cant remember the name, we mixed it with lemonade and it rocked, and if you kindly know what im talking about, I think it would be the right thing for me to do to replace the several bottles we crushed in about an hour------- and to celebrate everyone starts breaking out various game they killed this year and throwing it on the grill. I lose track of the night after this point, but I do know it was delicious.

The End.

The sweet tea liquor is called Firefly, its an 80 proof sweet tea flavored vodka. That stuff flowed like water the first few weeks of clemson tailgating (when it was ungodly hot outside)

Holy hell that sounds good!

The End.

According to their website the tea is 70 proof. The wine flavored vodka is 80 proof.

all i know is that this pretty much solid beer drinker (occasional J&C) found himself a new mixed drink that night. That sweet tea vodka with a splash of lemonade was perfection in a solo cup. The game host has family out in S Car, and he first tried it this summer on a camping trip, fell in love with it, and for xmas received 6 bottles. I talked to him again today and he said hes been on the local liquor store to get it, and the distributor had already been working on it when he asked. So Im told it should be hitting Southeast Nebraska soon thanks to Wurtele Distr! :cheers

According to their website the tea is 70 proof. The wine flavored vodka is 80 proof.

Sweet Jesus...who cares?

So I just got back from buying a bottle of Firefly at the liquor store here in Omaha. The guy said it has been selling really good. But wow, that stuff is amazing. I can't wait to really sit down and enjoy the bottle. :wasted

Sweet Jesus...who cares?

So I just got back from buying a bottle of Firefly at the liquor store here in Omaha. The guy said it has been selling really good. But wow, that stuff is amazing. I can't wait to really sit down and enjoy the bottle. :wasted

Yeah, I wish I would have bought some stock in Firefly before they came out with this stuff. It came out in SC this past summer, and was flying off the racks like Nintendo Wii's. Firefly is a local distillery down near Charleston, and they are making some serious bank with the Sweet Tea Vodka.

The End.

Thank your mother for me for editing that...now I can read it...and you know...it wasn't too bad. :clap

Sweet Jesus...who cares?

Yeah, I wish I would have bought some stock in Firefly before they came out with this stuff. It came out in SC this past summer, and was flying off the racks like Nintendo Wii's. Firefly is a local distillery down near Charleston, and they are making some serious bank with the Sweet Tea Vodka.

you and me both buddy, (i think huskerboard just helped firefly go national)