Would you lose the Gator Bowl to get Suh back in 09?

The problem with this "what if" is that if Suh played terrible in our biggest game of the year, I wouldn't want him back as much. In other words, his value to the Huskers and his draft value are directly proportional; the more you want him, the more NFL teams would want him, and vice versa.

That said I'll take the Gator Bowl win, which will hopefully have a wide positive effect across the entire team going into next season and on our recruiting, over retaining one player, no matter how good he is.

Not a chance. I'd take the win. We are young and early in Bo's coaching career at nebraska. We have a long way to go to get our respect back and another bowl loss when we have an opportunity to beat a good defense like Clemsons would be a bitter taste...I'll take the win that helps get our respect back.

Suh is good but think about the ramifications of the Gator Bowl victory compared to having one player.

1) We had a 9 win season. Our second 9 win season in five years and a statistically better season (in wins and losses) than any season in the last 5 years.

2) Beating a good Clemson team in Florida opened up the eyes of plenty of recruits in Florida and recruits in the East. Playing a major state like that can hook you some great recruits, which is why everybody loves to play in Texas for bowl games.

3) Imagine how Nebraska would have felt finishing 8-5 and not capping a foundation season for the Huskers?

Suh is good, but he's not worth the benefits of beating a team like Clemson.