Predict the scores for the 2009 schedule

JTrain

I know, I know, it's never been in a pressure-packed situation (except for the Gator Bowl... and we won't talk about that) and he has probably run the simplest plays in the book, but just considering the basics (taking the snap, making hand-offs, running in the open field, etc.) he looks promising to me

Witt's looked promising taking the snap? :D

He'll be better, I'm sure. Just needed to get those out of his system. It'll be an interesting QB battle for sure.

Well that's embarrassing. I guess my memory is getting worse. :o

WOW, it is really early to predict, but just for fun I think this is how it might shake out.

FAU- W, 30-10

Arkansas St.-W, 42-13

Va Tech-L, 21-17, very close game, Va Tech will be a very good top 10 team next year

La Layfette-W, 49-7

Missouri-W, 28-6, solid win, getting back to dominating Mizzou

Texas Tech-W, 42-28, gotta score points to be the Red Raiders

Iowa State- W, 45-0

Baylor-W, 35-31, Robert Griffin keeps the Bears in it

Oklahoma-L, 24-20

Kansas-W, 42-20

Kansas State-W, 35-3, not a successful trip back to Lincoln for Bill Snyder

Colorado-W, 27-24, another thriller in this exciting rivalry

Big 12 Championship

Nebraska 13, Texas 24

Still a year away from getting into a BCS bowl game, Texas is too good and with Colt Mccoy back are a favorite for the national championship. I think Nebraska will win the Cotton Bowl and finish with and 10-3 record.

fun stuff--

this is my opinion and yours will vary

FAU - cupcake W 27-3

Arkansas St. - another cupcake - W 31-7

@ Virginia Tech - Uh-oh. The rookie NU qb has no chance against the Vatech defense on the road. L 31-10

ULL - another cupcake- this one may have cream filling-- W 35-7

@ Missouri - They won't need Maclin to win in columbia. L 28-17

Texas Tech - the mighty skers have lost three straight against the red raiders. It'll be FOUR after this one. I don't expect a real close game. Their QB's never have a down year. L 35-21

Iowa State - Who cares? W 31-3

@ Baylor - A healthy Griffin will hurt NU, could be a close one. W 28-24

Oklahoma - Just too much talent stored up there. Playing at home won't help. L 42-14

@ Kansas - This is gonna be a good game. It's KU's game to lose, they return the most offensive firepower in the north- and beating KU at home is pretty difficult. L 28-21

Kansas St. - Snyder's back and Freeman is gone, they couldn't compete with him and without Freeman they're in BIG trouble. W 39-14

@ Colorado - These games are usually close, this one is no exception, I expect the NU qb to have his shiite together by now. If not, reverse the score... W 30-28

7-5

While we are looking into our crystal balls... let's predict 2010. Should be a great year for the Huskers.

09/04 Western Kentucky in Lincoln - W

09/11 Idaho in Lincoln - W

09/18 Washington in Seattle - W

09/25 South Dakota St. in Lincoln - W

10/02 Kansas State in Manhattan - W

10/16 Texas in Lincoln - W

10/23 Oklahoma State in Stillwater - W

10/30 Missouri in Lincoln - W

11/06 Iowa State in Ames - W

11/13 Kansas in Lincoln - W

11/20 Texas A&M in College Station - W

11/26 Colorado in Lincoln - W

You heard it hear first, perfect in 2010!

While we are looking into our crystal balls... let's predict 2010. Should be a great year for the Huskers.

Out on a limb you are. Hmmmmmmm :lol:

WOW-- easy schedule...

10/16 Texas in Lincoln - L

10/23 Oklahoma State in Stillwater - L

10-2

north champs.

What's up with everyone's love for Baylor. It's BAYLOR, for God's sake.

Ewww, they got a great young fleet footed quarterback, and they are an up-and-coming team, and ..... it's really going to be a close game.

C'mon folks. It's BAYLOR!!!!!

We'll float through the nonconference games. Missouri and Texas Tech are good teams, but they have looked very vulnerable down the stretch. We can play with Virginia Tech. We're not even close to Oklahoma....yet. My guess is that we have a similar record to this year, but WE DEFINITELY WONT LOSE TO BAYLOR!

Florida Atlantic: 38-13 Schnellenberger is a hell of a ball coach but he has limited talent on the roster

Arkansas St: 45-10 see above but subtract Schnellenberger

@ Va. Tech: 21-17 a close defensive matchup with Pelini and Bud Foster fuming on the sidelines with frank Beamer looking lost as usual.

Louisiana-Lafayette: 55-7 see Florida Atlantic and Arkansas St.

@ Missouri: 44-27 They lose everybody and they will struggle

Texas Tech: 38-31 despite losing Harrell and Crabtree the offense is potent but Texas' lack of Defense costs them the game

Iowa State: 57-14 Iowa St. continues to own the celler spot in the north

@ Baylor: 38-17 This score is based off weither the huskers we saw in the second half of this past years game play all four quarters

Oklahoma: 31-44 we lose this one but not many teams may beat OU next year anyway

@ Kansas: 55-31 tough back and forth game lack of KU having a defense costs them the game in the second half

Kansas State: 145-0 Bo exacts his revenge for 2003

@ Colorado: 45-21 Hawkins is carted off the field after Ralphie runs his @ss over as the buffaloe leads the team onto the field in the second half.

Huskers make a nice showing in the Big XII title game but lose to OU so we finish 11-2 of course 9-4 or 10-3 is also not out of the question.

What's up with everyone's love for Baylor. It's BAYLOR, for God's sake.

Ewww, they got a great young fleet footed quarterback, and they are an up-and-coming team, and ..... it's really going to be a close game.

C'mon folks. It's BAYLOR!!!!!

We'll float through the nonconference games. Missouri and Texas Tech are good teams, but they have looked very vulnerable down the stretch. We can play with Virginia Tech. We're not even close to Oklahoma....yet. My guess is that we have a similar record to this year, but WE DEFINITELY WONT LOSE TO BAYLOR!

Art Briles is a great coach who I think will finally get Baylor in a bowl if he stays long enough. I don't see Nebraska losing to the Bears though.

Florida Atlantic: W 31-10

Arkansas St: W 27-6

@ Va. Tech: L 21-9

Both their offense and defense improves, It is difficult to predict what will happen with our offense.

Louisiana-Lafayette: W 41-7

@ Missouri: W 24-14

We have gotten kicked by them the last 2 years, I think we go in and battle until the end. I think we will make just enough plays to win the game and that most of the scoring occurs early. Talent wise, we will be fairly similar.

Texas Tech: W 27-20

This time we will get them as our corner play will be improved if players step up and their o-line could be down.

Iowa State: W 35-10

@ Baylor: W 24-21

We will make enough plays to win. I think we contain Griffin, but he makes a few big plays, like this year, to keep them in. They score late to make it this close.

Oklahoma: L 48-13

We just don't have the talent. I think they are going to plug in a new quarterback and keep going next year.

@ Kansas: L 31-21

Senior Quarterback will help them. We don't bounce back well after Oklahoma and they win.

Kansas State: W 38-21

Probably similar to this year, but they will try to run the ball more and we will score quickly on them.

@ Colorado: W 38-17

They won't catch us off gaurd again, and thank goodness for the botched fake kick this year...it will be a very long time until we see that kind of mistake again, if ever, from this coaching staff.

9-3.

Look for us to recruit DT, and LB the hardest. We will try and bring in WR and TE aggressively also. Also, I would expect which ever quarterback gets the start next year (probably Witt or Lee) to retain the position the following year (2010) at the beginning.

Please let us see a better turnover margin next year!! what did we finish in that this year? It was not where we wanted it to be. We need more interceptions in the pass heavy offenses we will be facing, and I would expect that to happen. Our Safeties will be improved and that fact alone will increase our interception numbers and pass defense. We also need to see some of our younger O-linemen working into the mix some. They need to start to get experience, and we need them to be talented enough to run the ball well into the 4th quarter next year as we will rely on the running game a lot.

Controlling the clock worked well for us this year and I expect us to do that next year as our running game will be our backbone and we will rely on the defense to keep us in games more than the offense.

Also like to see a linebacker or two closer up to the leader for tackles.