Pete Carroll pissed about Sanchez's decision?

Listening to the radio yesterday they said Carroll wanted him to develop more, work on his weak spots, and get some more experience under his belt. He's only started 16 games and PC told him the NFL kinda frowns on that a little bit. I think he's pissed because, he gave him solid advice, and Sanchez just threw it away (basically sh#t on it) without any thought.

You really think Sanchez made this decision without any thought? If you do, I would say you're nuts.

Let me clarify, I was referring to PC's advice. I know he had to weigh his options, think about it long and hard before making his decision. I don't blame him for declaring, just saying that I can see both sides.

Totally agree. I think PC knows his stuff about the NFL. Wonder what kind of report he'll give to coaches that call and ask about Sanchez.

Pete Carroll needs to grow up. He acted like a f'ing crybaby. He should have supported his quarterback's decision instead of whining about how he disagrees and how Mark is setup to fail in the NFL as an underclassmen.

Agreed. It's simply a matter of class. In private, rip on him to his face. But in public, be supportive. This is the kind of thing that could come back to bite you in the butt - there could be a stud quarterback out there that scratches USC off the list just for this.

Pete Carroll needs to grow up. He acted like a f'ing crybaby. He should have supported his quarterback's decision instead of whining about how he disagrees and how Mark is setup to fail in the NFL as an underclassmen.

Agreed. It's simply a matter of class. In private, rip on him to his face. But in public, be supportive. This is the kind of thing that could come back to bite you in the butt - there could be a stud quarterback out there that scratches USC off the list just for this.

:yeah All of them can come to NU if they want.

Any idea where he is projected to be drafted?

Today on ESPN they were saying he could be the number one AB taken in this years draft and that right now it's a toss up between him and Stafford to be the first QB selected.

I reference to Carroll's attitude, I wonder if it's because he isn't confident or comfortable with any of Sanchez's back-ups.

That is what I was thinking too.

I didn't see it, but from what I read his comments weren't very glowing. I was surprised, because Pete Caroll is typically a class act. Oh well.

I don't know much about Mark Sanchez except he was their golden boy QB recruit a few years back (kind of like Matt Barkley is now, and...er...every other QB recruit they've had lately), and that he ran into some legal trouble but got off. And then he backed up JDB for a couple years.

Penn State was really the first time I got to watch the guy, and I really have to say I'm very impressed. He has really impressive mobility and is the kind of QB you'd want on your team. He looks like a guy that's going to make it in the league.

chiefs arent gonna take a qb first round......

im glad youre making the chiefs scouting decisions.

may they continue to suck, me being a raider fan and all.

although with pioli in charge now, saying they will not take a qb, while highly likey, is awfully brash. while i can see/maybe agree with what Pete is saying, he should have kept it behind closed doors. Can you imagine a coach doing something similar here? I can believe our very own TO would have had the same advice for Mr. Sanchez, but would you ever see him pleading his own personal case at a PC? on the other side of the coin, if Im Sanchez and hear Bradford isnt leaving, Im gone! And hes got the smartest people in the biz behind him, not just some common sense podunk.

personally, i see Sanchez as the uncast mold type that had a year to casually shine, raise his stock, only to have himself questioned because of it. i truely think he's a 'brady,' or 'cassel' type (where did he play?;)) that stuck it out and made a chance for himself for a year. i cant say anything bad about him. i think Peties pissed cause he lost his pro grade diamond in the rough. it wouldnt suprise me in the least, if hes available, for pioli to take himself dirty...sanchez that is. he's just another classic backup that got a chance in college to show he could play.

I was a little shocked after reading some pages from "Heart of a Husker" by Steve Sipple?

Quoted Dave Rimmington as saying something like the most upset he'd ever seen Osborn, was when he (Dave) was considering entering early because he wasn't sure how much longer his beat-up knees would last and he wanted his shot at the NFL before it was too late.