Nebraska vs. KU 2009

jayhawk

Who will win and under what circumstances  

124 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Our front four will be able to get adequate pressure on reesing. This fact alone will make the difference. Here is why:

1. linebackers and corners won't have to blitz to get sacks. This will:

A.)free up our secondary to play quite a bit of dime and nickel if KU relies heavily on the passing game

B.)allow linebackers to drop back in zone coverage, taking away the middle of the field

C.)allow linebackers to key on Sharp, and since they will be basically as fast as he is, make him ineffective.

D.)hide blitz packages in order to be even more effective at hitting reesing

2. The fourth quarter will be ours. Our depth on defense next year should allow us to keep KU scoreless in most of the second half since KU's 2nd string Oline will be very very young.

3. Dominate the time of possession, like this year. Often times Reesing will have no time on 3rd and long. But it will only be our front 4 applying the pressure which means that there will be plenty of guys in coverage. No one will be open for him to throw it to and they will have a tough time making 3rd down conversions, especially late in the game when they have gone away from the running game, due to our fast linebackers taking them out of their gameplan to run some options and screens.

4. Win the turn over battle. With our front four's pressure, there will be a lot more guys in coverage to whip the ball through. Reesing is a good quarterback, but we should be able to have our safeties going after the ball a lot and making plays. Also, we will be able to surprise them by sending a corner or linebacker on a weakside blitz and getting fumbles.

5. They will have to pull TEs and keep running backs in to block.

We just have to prevent big plays and we can win 34 - 9.

Of course, I am no expert, but that is how i would see it going were I leading the team on PlayStation.

I didn't personally attack anybody.

I can think of at least 40 other occasions in which somebody on this board has made a joke out of the following template:

1. Guy #1 says something stupid.

2. Guy #2 makes a joke about Guy #1 smoking weed.

You see, I just did that, except it's way funnier when I do it.

I've been warned by the mods for a lot less. I don't think smoking weed is something to joke about. I've had some good friends of mine lose their life because of that. I don't attack people on here, I just explain my side. Do I realize NOBODY on this board will agree with my side-YES. However, when people on this board start talking about KU, and no nothing about them, because the only game they watched was when KU played NU. Then yes, it bothers me. You don't see me bringing up the 52-17 beatdown Missouri gave ya'll last year...do you!?! Our team improved, and learned a lot from our trip to Lincoln, just as your team did after getting waxed by Missouri.

The only thing we can agree on at this point is that KU and NU will be at the top of the North next year. We closed out strong beating a good Missouri team, and ya'll beat up on some powder puffs after you beat us to finish the year. Congrats. See you in Lawrence next year. :box

I can think of at least 40 other occasions in which somebody on this board has made a joke out of the following template:

I've been warned by the mods for a lot less. had some good friends of mine lose their life because of thatI don't think smoking weed is something to joke about. I've . I don't attack people on here, I just explain my side. Do I realize NOBODY on this board will agree with my side-YES. However, when people on this board start talking about KU, and no nothing about them, because the only game they watched was when KU played NU. Then yes, it bothers me. You don't see me bringing up the 52-17 beatdown Missouri gave ya'll last year...do you!?! Our team improved, and learned a lot from our trip to Lincoln, just as your team did after getting waxed by Missouri.

The only thing we can agree on at this point is that KU and NU will be at the top of the North next year. We closed out strong beating a good Missouri team, and ya'll beat up on some powder puffs after you beat us to finish the year. Congrats. See you in Lawrence next year. :box

LMAO... What did your friends do, overdose on twinkies after they got high? I'm sorry I can't take anything you say seriously again. And you need to own up with putting that USF score in your sig

I've been warned by the mods for a lot less. I don't think smoking weed is something to joke about. I've had some good friends of mine lose their life because of that. I don't attack people on here, I just explain my side. Do I realize NOBODY on this board will agree with my side-YES. However, when people on this board start talking about KU, and no nothing about them, because the only game they watched was when KU played NU. Then yes, it bothers me. You don't see me bringing up the 52-17 beatdown Missouri gave ya'll last year...do you!?! Our team improved, and learned a lot from our trip to Lincoln, just as your team did after getting waxed by Missouri.

Clemson, powder puff? Helluva lot better than Minnesota.

Twinkies, now that's funny!^^^

Hey, anybody 'no' what 'rock chalk jayhawk' means? No, seriously, I'm askin' here.....

Thanks bruno, it looks like you've been busy owning jawhawks today. keep up the good work. I have no idea what rock chalk jayhawk means other than it's just a silly ryhme's.

npz mr. 'forever', that guy says the darndest things....

I dunno, do you get chalk if you scrape 2 rocks together and what does that have to do w fuhbol? Well, I guess I'll have to get motivated and google it or wait for jayhawk to come explain it--he's a smart guy. :thumbs

Hey, anybody 'no' what 'rock chalk jayhawk' means? No, seriously, I'm askin' here.....

Thanks bruno, it looks like you've been busy owning jawhawks today. keep up the good work. I have no idea what rock chalk jayhawk means other than it's just a silly ryhme's.

I dunno, do you get chalk if you scrape 2 rocks together and what does that half to do w fuhbol? Well, I guess I'll have to get motivated and google it or wait for jayhawk to come explain it--he's a smart guy. :thumbs

K, found it, I wasn't too far off: rockchalk

**snip***

We closed out strong beating a good Missouri team, and ya'll beat up on some powder puffs after you beat us to finish the year. Congrats. See you in Lawrence next year. :box

Clemson = powder puff ? :madash (help us out on this, dear Clemson friends)

Minnesota = cream of college football ?????? :bang

Missouri + injured Booger = good Missouri team :dunno

**snip***

We closed out strong beating a good Missouri team, and ya'll beat up on some powder puffs after you beat us to finish the year. Congrats. See you in Lawrence next year. :box

Clemson = powder puff ? :madash (help us out on this, dear Clemson friends)

Minnesota = cream of college football ?????? :bang

Missouri + injured Booger = good Missouri team :dunno

rock chalk logic...

I dunno, do you get chalk if you scrape 2 rocks together and what does that half to do w fuhbol? Well, I guess I'll have to get motivated and google it or wait for jayhawk to come explain it--he's a smart guy. :thumbs

I think the most popular explanation is that the school sits on a large hill, Mount Oread, that is made of Limestone (aka, Chalk). When the stdiums get loud and shakin, one "Rock's Chalk".

If you miss it, here tis...

Chant

ANd it is old, some variant of the chant has been around over 100 years. Teddy Roosevelt called it the best college chant he had ever heard. If ya'll don't like it, that is fine, but that don't make you right :)

I think the most popular explanation is that the school sits on a large hill, Mount Oread, that is made of Limestone (aka, Chalk). When the stdiums get loud and shakin, one "Rock's Chalk".

If you miss it, here tis...

Chant

ANd it is old, some variant of the chant has been around over 100 years. Teddy Roosevelt called it the best college chant he had ever heard. If ya'll don't like it, that is fine, but that don't make you right :)

T'anks, yep, found a link^^^, got it, it's about rocks and chalk and stuff and 'rah jay hawk, rah j--hawk, rah chawk, rock chalk.." :thumbs Sounds like a Gregorian chant.

I see this game as being close, with KU forcing Nebraska to turn the ball over. Being in Lawrence will be too much to overcome for the Blackshirts. Reesing and the KU offense are just too much at home.

I don't think Nebraska fans are grasping how bad the loss of Ganz will affect them. Having a proven starter is HUGE. Just ask KU. It took Mangino IONS to finally get Reesing. Now that we have that stability, success has followed. It will be a learning year for the NU QB, especially the fact that he'll be surrounded my other YOUNG skilled players. It will be a long season for the Nebraska offense. They'll have to rely on the defense to win most games. But it won't be enough against KU in Lawrence.

KU 31 NU 17

Dude. WTF strain of kind bud did you score on Mass Street this weekend? Are you kidding me?

Being in Lawrence actually equates to home field advantage? Honestly? I've been there. It's nice, for a high school facility. Nice track, BTW.

IONS? I guess I could see a lot of static discharge every time Mangino's thighs rub together when he's walking, but otherwise I'm not following you.

You remember what long seasons are like, right? I'm assuming you followed KU football before the stars aligned and miracle '07 season unfolded, but just as a reminder, imagine this guy sitting on your head and farting:

Herbie_UofNebraska.jpg

KU couldn't beat NU by two touchdowns even if Jaleel White was the starting Husker QB.

Yeah Captain, were you there for the 76 points we hung on ya'll last time you were there? Or the time before when we beat you? LOL. Our home field advantage matters my friend. You'll find out once again this year. I swear, the Huskers win a few games and their fans annoint themselves a top 10 team. Funny stuff.

To address another one of the kool-aid chuggers on this board, As for our O-line, we started 2 freshman tackles last year, and a true freshman tight end. We do lose our center and 2 guards, but they sucked, and Hartley was beaten out half way through the year by Sal Capra. So technically, we lose 2 guys. Our tackles with a season of starting under their belt (plus 3rd year in the system) will shine. I'm really not concerned about our o-line. They'll greatly improve. :) Oh, and captain obvious, you may wanna watch the kind bud comment-I would say that's a personal attack!!! Mods!!! oh Mods!?!?! :cop:

First, you are talking about the defense that had 60 points put on by Colorado and 50 some by Ball State. I think UNO could have put up 60 on us in 07, Big deal.

Now,

No, we didn't forget about the last 2 losses there but this is also a completely different team, different staff, and different mentality. Callahan couldn't seem to get kids to be mentally tough, on the road especially. Which lead to getting our ass kicked multiple times on the road during his 4 years there. Bo and his staff are completely different. Our players have confidence and are a lot tougher than they were under Callahan, and that was proven multiple times this past year.

Finally, You guys cant say sh#t about winning a few games and then gulping down the koolaid. What happenned after 07? Kansas fans got cocky as all hell. We aren't cocky, nor do I think we are anywhere near a top even 15-20 team but we are better than Kansas. No matter what you guys do, Kansas will always only be a mediocre football program.

Well put.

Telling someone they suck, and they always will, because they always have is not "well put" at all.

We have actaully gotten a lot better, since some of you are new, I will rehash a tiny bit. We have won bowls 3 of the last 4 seasons, and in those year's we have beaten you guys twice, got a nice win off Va. Tech, upset a good MU squad (in what is now a much more prominent rivalry nationally than before) at Arrowhead, built a ton of new facilities, and seriously upgraded our talent. We may not beat Oklahoma, Texas or Nebraska, but Rome wasn't built in a day. We keep going into the year in the top 25, our season ticket sales are way up, and things for us in football are becoming consitently the best they have ever been. We are the most popular pick to win the North this year, and we may or may not, but when have we ever been able to be able to do so well over what will be a 5 year period.

It is easy to tell people what they can't do, and small minded and lacking in vision. So we may not succeed, we may not become a dynasty, we may not even win the North this year, but no great person or group ever got there without preperation and by listening to people who say you can't.

As for Cocky, I guess you are not listening to a majority of Kansas fans. I am on this board all the time, have been for a long time. I do not remember being cocky. I think my points are thought out and I appreciate others can disagree with me, and still be well thought out. I have had season tickets for years, and went with my dad to watch the beatings as a kid. I did not just show up and declare victory. Just like any fan base, we have all kinds, but for the most part KU fans are good fans and I think probably on the less "cocky" side, as a community overall.