Nebraska vs. KU 2009

jayhawk

Who will win and under what circumstances  

124 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I respect what KU has done the past couple of years and mean no disprespect with this statement - They're still Kansas.

A lot is being put on the QB loss. I agree it's a big question mark on the offense. Remember - we don't have Cali as our playcaller. Watson will figure out how to get this offense working with the people we have. I have a feeling we're going to see more short passes, dump-offs to the RB, and a lot more rushing attempts. I think he'll put our QB (whomever it is) in a position for success. Look at Baylor for a great example.

NU rolls in this game.

Nebraska fans will be disappointed in the MAJOR decline of offensive production next year. However, their defense will improve in my opinion.

I see this game as being close, with KU forcing Nebraska to turn the ball over. Being in Lawrence will be too much to overcome for the Blackshirts. Reesing and the KU offense are just too much at home.

I don't think Nebraska fans are grasping how bad the loss of Ganz will affect them. Having a proven starter is HUGE. Just ask KU. It took Mangino IONS to finally get Reesing. Now that we have that stability, success has followed. It will be a learning year for the NU QB, especially the fact that he'll be surrounded my other YOUNG skilled players. It will be a long season for the Nebraska offense. They'll have to rely on the defense to win most games. But it won't be enough against KU in Lawrence.

KU 31 NU 17

I place the last two losses at KU directly on my son. NU was 0-2 while he went to school there, he still sported the Red and White. He graduates this year, so unless he decides to go to grad school there (GAWD I hope not, the boy needs to get a job) Nebraska will return to dominating the Blue Birdies.

Agreed Kent. The loss of Ganz, Swift and Peterson will hurt but Watson will set up our offense so it will not hurt us as much as people may think.

Lee, Witt and Spano have all been in the system at least a year and if they don't already know the system, they will be next fall. They all are talented as well. I'm not worried.

If anyone should be complaining about holding calls it should be NU fans. It was said on a broadcast that NU hadn't gotten a holding call in like its first four conference games. Also about NU breaking in a new qb, does that take away the fact that NU pretty much dominated KU's defensive line for helu to break out for over 100 yards? Ganz will be hard to replace in a short time, but thankfully we play KU late in the season. Our o line will be better next year and KU simply will not be able to stop our running game so a new qb won't matter much.

If anyone should be complaining about holding calls it should be NU fans. It was said on a broadcast that NU hadn't gotten a holding call in like its first four conference games. Also about NU breaking in a new qb, does that take away the fact that NU pretty much dominated KU's defensive line for helu to break out for over 100 yards? Ganz will be hard to replace in a short time, but thankfully we play KU late in the season. Our o line will be better next year and KU simply will not be able to stop our running game so a new qb won't matter much.

Keep telling yourself that. KU's defense will improve with the addition of our new defensive coordinator. We're neck and neck with you according to Rivals for recruits, and have recruited heavily Defensive Ends, and d backs. Our defense won't be as bad as they were last year. Our offense will be by far the best in the Big 12 North.

Keep telling yourself that. KU's defense will improve with the addition of our new defensive coordinator. We're neck and neck with you according to Rivals for recruits, and have recruited heavily Defensive Ends, and d backs. Our defense won't be as bad as they were last year. Our offense will be by far the best in the Big 12 North.

You said the same crap last year with your 9-3 prediction.

I'll admit you do have good skilled positions, but your o line was dominated by our d line last year, there is no way you can deny that. On top of that we return Suh, Allen, former starter in Turner and former five star Baker Steinkhuler coming off a redshirt. It's not going to matter how good Meier, Briscoe and Reesing are if Reesings on his back all day. On top of the d line, we are inserting linebackers who are ten times faster and athletic than the ones who were on the field against you last year. We didnt even have our starting middle linebacker and still won. And how do you think your defense is going to be better if you lose all three starting linebackers, two of which started for two or three years and were the heart of your defense. The fact that you recruited d backs heavily still doesnt take away the fact that our o line dominated your d line, and our o line will only be better next year.

Haha, So true. :box

Also how can you say that KU has been neck and neck with NU in recruiting. Now I know rankings don't mean everything but they do give a pretty decent look overall. In 2006 KU was 38th by rivals and NU was 20th. In 2007 KU was 50th by rivals and NU was 13th. In 2008 KU was 40th and NU was 31st. This year NU is 24th and KU is 31st. The 2006 year for NU wasnt that great but some talented players still remain, but for the most part the bulk of our talent is from the 07' and 08' years. I know Meier, Briscoe and Reesing were all three stars and stars dont tell all, but overall pretty accurate on talent.

:yeah

So you are saying Notre Dumb and USC-West (as opposed to USC-East Gamecocks, tossing a bone to our Clemson friends) has won every national championship for the last 20 years? Ratings are over rated.

Why do guys keep losing coaches? Is the fat man that hard to work for or what? You know as well as I do that games are won on the line of scrimage, and we are better there by far. I don't think you really understand how good Bo really is. Don't worry, KU should be back in the top 10 in basketball next year, and you will soon forget about your silly football fantasy.

I see this being a very good game. With Reesing coming back, and a talented O next year, Kansas will be tough, but I think that our D will match up nicely. This game should be close, and if Kansas does win, I still don't think they win the North. Their schedule next year really isnt doing them any favors...

GBR

They better improve their O-Line next year, or Suh and the boys will knock Reesing out of the game.

What he said.

And all those pounding hits will be in Reesings mind too.

What both of them said!