Nebraska vs. KU 2009

jayhawk

Who will win and under what circumstances  

124 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'll put this thread to rest with this: Husker Nation is not grasping how difficult the loss of their skill players on offense will be. Period. When you finally grasp it, you'll be 6 games deep into the schedule. I thought the same way before last year that the losses of McAnderson, Collins, Henry, and Fine (2 of the 4 are starting in the NFL right now), wouldn't affect the Hawks because we had capable back-ups that saw time. I was wrong.

Yes, KU did lose all 3 of their linebackers, who by the way, under achiebed big time last year. Not to mention Mortenson was hurt all year, and Rivera was never that good to begin with. The loss of Holt will hurt.

I see KU's defensive line as being a major strenght this year, with the return of Jake Laptad (who led our team in sacks) and many young players who saw time last year.

The bottom line is this: It's fun to talk about this now, but really nobody has a clue of the kind of team either one of us will have until we're at least 3 games deep into the schedule. However, it is fun to spectulate! :)

One thing is certain: We're going to want some PAYBACK! It's cool that Nebraska and KU are favored to take the North. Lets just be thankful people aren't talking CU and KSU. That would Suck!

Any of you guys are welcome to tailgate with my crew in Lawrence for the game. We have around 12 husker fans a few years back join us. They took the beatdown well. Hopefully they'll act the same way after we spank ya'll. :)

Oh, and to the un=informed posters commenting about the turnover on KU's coaching staff. We lost Tovar (linebacker coach) and Joe Bob Clements to KSU (who sucked). We gained one of the best defensive coordinators in the country from Louisville to join our current d-coordinator Tim Bowen as Co-defensive coordinator. It was a HUGE hire!

Far from a giant over-haul of coaches. Besides, you guys are the last people I want to hear from speaking about coaching changes. You guys change coaches like my daughter goes through diapers!!!

Also how can you say that KU has been neck and neck with NU in recruiting. Now I know rankings don't mean everything but they do give a pretty decent look overall. In 2006 KU was 38th by rivals and NU was 20th. In 2007 KU was 50th by rivals and NU was 13th. In 2008 KU was 40th and NU was 31st. This year NU is 24th and KU is 31st. The 2006 year for NU wasnt that great but some talented players still remain, but for the most part the bulk of our talent is from the 07' and 08' years. I know Meier, Briscoe and Reesing were all three stars and stars dont tell all, but overall pretty accurate on talent.

I said we're neck and neck in recruiting with Nebraska NOW!! Read it again. As of today, Nebraska is 25 and we're 31. KU will probably land a few more 4 star kids before we're finished. We now have the BEST facilities in the Biig 12 (maybe only Texas is better) and it's starting to show. Have you seen pictures of our new facilities-weight room, locker room, etc??? It is really amazing. You should check them out. You can probably find them on-line by googling "Kansas Football New Facilities". Once recruits visit (that's the key, getting them to visit) they're usually blown away by what they see.

Also how can you say that KU has been neck and neck with NU in recruiting. Now I know rankings don't mean everything but they do give a pretty decent look overall. In 2006 KU was 38th by rivals and NU was 20th. In 2007 KU was 50th by rivals and NU was 13th. In 2008 KU was 40th and NU was 31st. This year NU is 24th and KU is 31st. The 2006 year for NU wasnt that great but some talented players still remain, but for the most part the bulk of our talent is from the 07' and 08' years. I know Meier, Briscoe and Reesing were all three stars and stars dont tell all, but overall pretty accurate on talent.

I said we're neck and neck in recruiting with Nebraska NOW!! Read it again. As of today, Nebraska is 25 and we're 31. KU will probably land a few more 4 star kids before we're finished. We now have the BEST facilities in the Biig 12 (maybe only Texas is better) and it's starting to show. Have you seen pictures of our new facilities-weight room, locker room, etc??? It is really amazing. You should check them out. You can probably find them on-line by googling "Kansas Football New Facilities". Once recruits visit (that's the key, getting them to visit) they're usually blown away by what they see.

Not to mention, showing off our Orange Bowl Trophy to recruits helps as well! :) Recruits like tradition....right?? LOL

I'll put this thread to rest with this: Husker Nation is not grasping how difficult the loss of their skill players on offense will be. Period. When you finally grasp it, you'll be 6 games deep into the schedule.

I think NE FAN at large grasps football and our team just fine, thanks, and we know that our qb and rcvr situation is going to be an issue: but we are going to be alright! Whichever qb we plug in is a talented guy familiar with the system. It's closer to 'reload' than otherwise.

Paul, Holt, McNeill have already seen alot of game time and have made an impact. Brooks, Gilleylen(FAST!) and hopefully Cooper(stud) will provide depth. They are going to be fine.

But our line play on both sides is what is going to be the difference, we're going to be stout. Our running attack will be the best in the North w/o a doubt. And our D, forget about it, going to be dominant!

If you guys don't improve your running attack next year you are in deep doo doo.....

I seriously think that the Puffs(in addition to GBR) have the edge over KU and Mizzou next year.

I don't think Nebraska fans are grasping how bad the loss of Ganz will affect them. Having a proven starter is HUGE. Just ask KU. It took Mangino IONS to finally get Reesing. Now that we have that stability, success has followed. It will be a learning year for the NU QB, especially the fact that he'll be surrounded my other YOUNG skilled players. It will be a long season for the Nebraska offense. They'll have to rely on the defense to win most games. But it won't be enough against KU in Lawrence.

Of course, whichever quarterback we have starting will be in his tenth game, and played in Blacksburg and Columbia. He'll be a little more seasoned than I think you're giving him credit for.

We now have the BEST facilities in the Biig 12 (maybe only Texas is better) and it's starting to show.

Did I miss something? Did KU level their stadium and build a new 'big boy' stadium? They still sit on that hill off the one end zone don't they? Hmm, musta missed that one....

But c'mon, how much oak and maple can you put in your lockerroom, it can't be any better than ours or TX or OSU or OU. And I seriously doubt your weight facility is better than ours.

Your trophy case, has like 1 trophy, right?

I'll put this thread to rest with this: Husker Nation is not grasping how difficult the loss of their skill players on offense will be. Period. When you finally grasp it, you'll be 6 games deep into the schedule.

I think NE FAN at large grasps football and our team just fine, thanks, and we know that our qb and rcvr situation is going to be an issue: but we are going to be alright! Whichever qb we plug in is a talented guy familiar with the system. It's closer to 'reload' than otherwise.

Paul, Holt, McNeill have already seen alot of game time and have made an impact. Brooks, Gilleylen(FAST!) and hopefully Cooper(stud) will provide depth. They are going to be fine.

But our line play on both sides is what is going to be the difference, we're going to be stout. Our running attack will be the best in the North w/o a doubt. And our D, forget about it, going to be dominant!

If you guys don't improve your running attack next year you are in deep doo doo.....

LOL. You won't be able to run if you can't throw buddy! And as of right now, you really don't know. We'll just stack the box on you all day until you prove otherwise. You won't have the personel with the losses you sustained at receiver my friend. Our running attack will be even better! Are you kiddin me? Jake Sharp is the best running back in the Big 12 North! You're crazy dude. Just check his stats pal! :)

Our running attack will be even better! Are you kiddin me? Jake Sharp is the best running back in the Big 12 North! You're crazy dude. Just check his stats pal! :)

You just can't be serious about that! I can't even respond, it's so far off the mark....almost every other team in the conference has better rbs than KU.

Sharp and Reesing are about as intimidating as this guy-->kate_elf_1.png

As I've said, the loss of Ganz will Hurt, but the backups have plenty of talent and 1-2 years experience under the system, which is plenty time to learn whats going on. I have no worries about our receivers. Paul, Holt and McNeill have had a good amount of playing time and behind them we have Chris Brooks, Will Henry, Gillyen(sp?), Cooper, etc. We will be fine throwing the ball next year.

Our defense is going to be better than this year, we only lost a couple guys(Murillo, Potter) and have Pierre Allen, Barry Turner, Suh, Anthony Blue, Thenarse, Dillard, etc all back. Not to mention the talent we have behind them. Our defense should be the best in the big 12 north by far.

I'm not worried.

Oh and Kansas has the best facilities in the Big 12??? Really?

Haha

Our running attack will be even better! Are you kiddin me? Jake Sharp is the best running back in the Big 12 North! You're crazy dude. Just check his stats pal! :)

You just can't be serious about that! I can't even respond, it's so far off the mark....

Sharp and Reesing are about as intimidating as this guy-->kate_elf_1.png

I would take Helu and Q well before Sharp any day of the week. Overall stats in this case are misleading. Just pull out the videos of both and try to tell me that Sharp is better than Helu.

Does anyone remember watching Reesing walk off the field after the game this last year? The guy could barely move his feet he was so beat up. I remember my girlfriend telling me she felt sorry for him for the beating he had taken and how hurt he looked.

Now imagine what that scene will look like when our Defense has improved, and KU's Offensive line has taken a step back.

I had better start preparing my girlfriend right now, cause i think it will be even uglier next year for Reesing.

He might still make some plays and KU will definetely score some points, but I will predict that most of the 2nd half will go Bo's way.

Does anyone remember watching Reesing walk off the field after the game this last year? The guy could barely move his feet he was so beat up. I remember my girlfriend telling me she felt sorry for him for the beating he had taken and how hurt he looked.

Now imagine what that scene will look like when our Defense has improved, and KU's Offensive line has taken a step back.

I had better start preparing my girlfriend right now, cause i think it will be even uglier next year for Reesing.

He might still make some plays and KU will definetely score some points, but I will predict that most of the 2nd half will go Bo's way.

word. I feel sorry for the l'il guy already, it's gonna be ugly.