Nebraska vs. KU 2009

jayhawk

Who will win and under what circumstances  

124 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The dealio:

1)Briscoe is KU's only real threat

2)Reesing has peeked and we will beat him up next year more than we did this year.

3)Sharpe is your RB :laughpound c'mon, that's just not gonna work: TOO SMALL!

4)Our offense will be better than KU's offense next year, even with a new qb. The letter 'Q' ring a bell?

5) Blackshirts1.gif (refer back to 2)

I posted this in another thread but really what is everyone getting so pumped up about KU for? Our d line will be better and deeper than it was last year which manhandled their line. Our secondary will all come back for the most part and also have a ton of added depth, the same with the linebackers. We gave them a lot of points and shot ourselves in the foot on O a few times. IMO this game won't be all that close.

Thats crap! KU left a ton of points on the field!! Are you kidding me? Not to mention all the hoilding calls that we'rent called on you guys. See you in Lawrence my friend.

:box

I'm not sure I observed Kansas leaving a ton of points on the field in that game. There was one instance where KU drove to the 22 and was sacked out of field goal range. The resulting punt was fumbled by Swift giving KU the ball right back inside the 20. There were no other times during the game that KU stalled out or turned the ball over while on the verge of scoring. Nebraska on the other hand, fumbled at the 23 and threw a pick on the 36, in addition to that fumbled punt giving KU the ball back.

Correct, if anybody left points on the field it was NE......and we did, at least 17.

The dealio:

1)Briscoe is KU's only real threat

2)Reesing has peeked, is easy to harass and we will beat him up next year more than we did this year.

3)Sharpe is your RB :laughpound c'mon, that's just not gonna work: TOO SMALL!

4)Our offense will be better than KU's offense next year, even with a new qb. The letter 'Q' ring a bell?

5) Blackshirts1.gif (refer back to 2)

:clap bruno, you are now my favorite poster. Those pics are great, we need more humor on this board, please keep it up. I like KU, but their fans just don't get it. The fat man is not going to turn KU into a football powerhouse. Doc is a great basketball coach, and will get us to the dance, but we will never have the program that KU has in basketball, and the same goes for KU in football. Plus, his coaches jump ship every year, which just kills any continuity they might have. I expect total domination of Kansas next year, and every year here on out with Bo at the helm. They might pull an upset once in a blue moon.

:clap bruno, you are now my favorite poster. Those pics are great, we need more humor on this board, please keep it up. I like KU, but their fans just don't get it. The fat man is not going to turn KU into a football powerhouse. Doc is a great basketball coach, and will get us to the dance, but we will never have the program that KU has in basketball, and the same goes for KU in football. Plus, his coaches jump ship every year, which just kills any continuity they might have. I expect total domination of Kansas next year, and every year here on out with Bo at the helm. They might pull an upset once in a blue moon.

Why ty Mr. 'Forever'! ;)

And, to your sage remarks rgdg KU I reply, :yeah. I guess the most tragic thing about 'not having a clue' is the not having a clue that one does not have a clue.

BTW, s'up with KU Hoops this year? I just recently noticed-- and was shocked-- that they are not rated. WOW!

Nebraska fans will be disappointed in the MAJOR decline of offensive production next year. However, their defense will improve in my opinion.

I see this game as being close, with KU forcing Nebraska to turn the ball over. Being in Lawrence will be too much to overcome for the Blackshirts. Reesing and the KU offense are just too much at home.

I don't think Nebraska fans are grasping how bad the loss of Ganz will affect them. Having a proven starter is HUGE. Just ask KU. It took Mangino IONS to finally get Reesing. Now that we have that stability, success has followed. It will be a learning year for the NU QB, especially the fact that he'll be surrounded my other YOUNG skilled players. It will be a long season for the Nebraska offense. They'll have to rely on the defense to win most games. But it won't be enough against KU in Lawrence.

KU 31 NU 17

"I guarantee that KU will win 2 out of 3 games vs the south this year..." oh wait.. sorry... last year? 31???? i mean, maybe you didn't watch our d at the end of this year? oh, and they only get better..... :dunno KU will be back to the medocrity.. AGAIN. for another 12 years.

I posted this in another thread but really what is everyone getting so pumped up about KU for? Our d line will be better and deeper than it was last year which manhandled their line. Our secondary will all come back for the most part and also have a ton of added depth, the same with the linebackers. We gave them a lot of points and shot ourselves in the foot on O a few times. IMO this game won't be all that close.

Guess you missed the last two times you boys came to Lawrence.

It will be close. I think we will win. As mentioned previously, though, our schedule could mean still not winning the North.

Why ty Mr. 'Forever'! ;)

And, to your sage remarks rgdg KU I reply, :yeah. I guess the most tragic thing about 'not having a clue' is the not having a clue that one does not have a clue.

BTW, s'up with KU Hoops this year? I just recently noticed-- and was shocked-- that they are not rated. WOW!

Lost 6 players to the pros. That is not good for the quality. 2 players returned who got any time last year (neither starters) and everyone else is new or pretty much did not play last year in a meaningful way. That said, we are still the best team in the North most likely ;) (not gonna win the Big-12 this year most probably, though)

Why ty Mr. 'Forever'! ;)

Lost 6 players to the pros. That is not good for the quality. 2 players returned who got any time last year (neither starters) and everyone else is new or pretty much did not play last year in a meaningful way. That said, we are still the best team in the North most likely ;) (not gonna win the Big-12 this year most probably, though)

Some, most of those guys that left were just sophs, right? They all looked like MJ clones the few times I saw them play last year.

Reesing is NOT good enough to carry their football team. I don't care who our QB is, we win by at least 2 TD's. The Blackshirts will carry the day.

:yeah yup.

Plus, our QB play should be in pretty good shape by the time we play KU, but I suspect we will have a stout running game next year and rely on that more.

Nebraska fans will be disappointed in the MAJOR decline of offensive production next year. However, their defense will improve in my opinion.

I see this game as being close, with KU forcing Nebraska to turn the ball over. Being in Lawrence will be too much to overcome for the Blackshirts. Reesing and the KU offense are just too much at home.

I don't think Nebraska fans are grasping how bad the loss of Ganz will affect them. Having a proven starter is HUGE. Just ask KU. It took Mangino IONS to finally get Reesing. Now that we have that stability, success has followed. It will be a learning year for the NU QB, especially the fact that he'll be surrounded my other YOUNG skilled players. It will be a long season for the Nebraska offense. They'll have to rely on the defense to win most games. But it won't be enough against KU in Lawrence.

KU 31 NU 17

Well, if Reesing is so great, KU should have beaten us last year coming off their 12-1 season(oh yeah, KU lost all those key guys... :lame excuse) As it was, Joey et. al. carried the day!

NE is making huge strides in roster depth.

My SEC style prediction: NU 2, KU 0. NU punts on 1st downs the whole game to put our D back on the field(and get in KU's head--like, " :wtf are they doing?").

:lol:

It will be close. I think we will win. As mentioned previously, though, our schedule could mean still not winning the North.

All I have to say

Bo > Callahan.

All I have to say

Bo > Callahan.

Yeah that was exactly what I was thinking Trouble. Different staff = different results. One year removed from a 12-1 season from KU and they get beat pretty physically by a NU team coming off of a 5-7 season. The D will be even better than KU saw in the game this year. As far as KU's D vs. NU's O, I get that your team is recruiting some good players on the D-Line but they will all be Freshmen next year. Not sure how much you will get out them, usually a Redshirt year does a lineman good. On top of that you lost all three LB's, that is tough. With that much uncertainty in your front 7 next year, I would definately give NU's O a stong edge especially in running the ball.