Nebraska vs. KU 2009

jayhawk

Who will win and under what circumstances  

124 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Rock Chalk, I bet KU wins in a close one. We really need to beat Tech, becasue I think we lose to OU at home and @ Texas. Ironically, we could win this game and have too many losses to take the North. I think we get it though, I think NU is good, not great next year.

I see this being a very good game. With Reesing coming back, and a talented O next year, Kansas will be tough, but I think that our D will match up nicely. This game should be close, and if Kansas does win, I still don't think they win the North. Their schedule next year really isnt doing them any favors...

GBR

They better improve their O-Line next year, or Suh and the boys will knock Reesing out of the game.

I posted this in another thread but really what is everyone getting so pumped up about KU for? Our d line will be better and deeper than it was last year which manhandled their line. Our secondary will all come back for the most part and also have a ton of added depth, the same with the linebackers. We gave them a lot of points and shot ourselves in the foot on O a few times. IMO this game won't be all that close.

I posted this in another thread but really what is everyone getting so pumped up about KU for? Our d line will be better and deeper than it was last year which manhandled their line. Our secondary will all come back for the most part and also have a ton of added depth, the same with the linebackers. We gave them a lot of points and shot ourselves in the foot on O a few times. IMO this game won't be all that close.

I kind of agree but won't open my mouth entirely until I see how our offense performs next year. I have no doubts about the defense being better though.

I see this being a very good game. With Reesing coming back, and a talented O next year, Kansas will be tough, but I think that our D will match up nicely. This game should be close, and if Kansas does win, I still don't think they win the North. Their schedule next year really isnt doing them any favors...

GBR

They better improve their O-Line next year, or Suh and the boys will knock Reesing out of the game.

What he said.

Nebraska fans will be disappointed in the MAJOR decline of offensive production next year. However, their defense will improve in my opinion.

I see this game as being close, with KU forcing Nebraska to turn the ball over. Being in Lawrence will be too much to overcome for the Blackshirts. Reesing and the KU offense are just too much at home.

I don't think Nebraska fans are grasping how bad the loss of Ganz will affect them. Having a proven starter is HUGE. Just ask KU. It took Mangino IONS to finally get Reesing. Now that we have that stability, success has followed. It will be a learning year for the NU QB, especially the fact that he'll be surrounded my other YOUNG skilled players. It will be a long season for the Nebraska offense. They'll have to rely on the defense to win most games. But it won't be enough against KU in Lawrence.

KU 31 NU 17

Thats crap! KU left a ton of points on the field!! Are you kidding me? Not to mention all the hoilding calls that we'rent called on you guys. See you in Lawrence my friend.

:box

Thats crap! KU left a ton of points on the field!! Are you kidding me? Not to mention all the hoilding calls that we'rent called on you guys. See you in Lawrence my friend.

:box

I'm not sure I observed Kansas leaving a ton of points on the field in that game. There was one instance where KU drove to the 22 and was sacked out of field goal range. The resulting punt was fumbled by Swift giving KU the ball right back inside the 20. There were no other times during the game that KU stalled out or turned the ball over while on the verge of scoring. Nebraska on the other hand, fumbled at the 23 and threw a pick on the 36, in addition to that fumbled punt giving KU the ball back.

Nebraska fans will be disappointed in the MAJOR decline of offensive production next year. However, their defense will improve in my opinion.

I see this game as being close, with KU forcing Nebraska to turn the ball over. Being in Lawrence will be too much to overcome for the Blackshirts. Reesing and the KU offense are just too much at home.

I don't think Nebraska fans are grasping how bad the loss of Ganz will affect them. Having a proven starter is HUGE. Just ask KU. It took Mangino IONS to finally get Reesing. Now that we have that stability, success has followed. It will be a learning year for the NU QB, especially the fact that he'll be surrounded my other YOUNG skilled players. It will be a long season for the Nebraska offense. They'll have to rely on the defense to win most games. But it won't be enough against KU in Lawrence.

KU 31 NU 17

I get what you're saying, but don't forget what Joey did in his coming out party in 07. IF NU had any kind of D that game, NU wins. Witt and Lee have both been in the system for three years now and they won't face KU until later in the season.

Will it be tough? Yep and I really like Reesing. But I see this as an NU win because NU's D will neutralize KU's O.

#1 indicator of success for a college football team: a good returning QB

Dr. Tom would only schedule "kick off classic" football games (remember those?) when he had a returning QB