ESPN's Prestige rankings..

I'm predicting the final 5 will be..

1.) Notre Dame

2.) Oklahoma

3.) USC

4.) Nebraska

5.) Ohio State

That's a good prediction. It sucks that ND is going to go far and away with the point total though.

Weiss will help everyone catch up. I agree that ND will take #1. They were too good for too long in the early years. I do like seeing two big12 teams in the final 5.

1.) Notre Dame

2.) Oklahoma

3.) USC

4.) Nebraska

5.) Ohio State

That's a good prediction. It sucks that ND is going to go far and away with the point total though.

Weiss will help everyone catch up. I agree that ND will take #1. They were too good for too long in the early years. I do like seeing two big12 teams in the final 5.

Haha no doubt about Weiss there. :dunno <<Weiss.

1.) Notre Dame

2.) Oklahoma

3.) USC

4.) Nebraska

5.) Ohio State

I prefer thinking it of it as two BIG EIGHT teams. :)

If our consecutive sellouts streak were part of the equation (perhaps a combo. of on-the-field accolades and fan support), I'd like to see where we would finish. I can't find the streaks for ND, OU, USC, or OSU, anyone have any idea?

At the USC game in LA, the announcers in the booth were "celebrating their 7th consecutive sellout!" I thought that was pretty funny. So that's the only school in this top 5 that cannot compare for sure in that respect.

1.) Notre Dame

2.) Oklahoma

3.) USC

4.) Nebraska

5.) Ohio State

I prefer thinking it of it as two BIG EIGHT teams. :)

lol i was gonna say the exact same thing.

No. 5

The top five: 1. Oklahoma; 2. Southern California; 3. Ohio State; 4. Notre Dame; 5. Nebraska.

5. Nebraska Cornhuskers

Total points: 1,553

Positives: Nebraska has five national titles, including two sets of back-to-back titles (1970-71, 1994-95). They followed up the 1994-95 titles with a shared title in 1997. The Huskers also have enjoyed the services of three Heisman winners: RB Johnny Rodgers (1972), RB Mike Rozier (1983) and QB Eric Crouch (2001). Nebraska ranks in the top five in numerous categories such as major bowl appearances (30, T-2nd), 10-win seasons (23, 3rd), bowl appearances (45, 4th), conference titles (26, T-4th), weeks at AP No. 1 (70, 5th) and major bowl wins (14, 5th).

Negatives: Nebraska isn't among the elite in the first three decades of the AP poll era. The Huskers are in 35th place in the Prestige Rankings when the 1950s began. Things didn't turn around quickly after that either. In fact, Nebraska had 17 losing seasons in a 21-season span between 1941 and 1961. More recently, Nebraska has produced only two first-round picks this decade, while finishing the season unranked in four of its last five seasons.

Through the decades: Through 1958: 49th | 1968: 23rd | 1978: 8th | 1988: 7th | 1998: 4th

Did you know? Nebraska had a record 35 consecutive bowl appearances from 1969 to 2003. The longest current bowl-appearance streak belongs to Florida State, which has 27.

No. 5

The top five: 1. Oklahoma; 2. Southern California; 3. Ohio State; 4. Notre Dame; 5. Nebraska.

5. Nebraska Cornhuskers

Total points: 1,553

Positives: Nebraska has five national titles, including two sets of back-to-back titles (1970-71, 1994-95). They followed up the 1994-95 titles with a shared title in 1997. The Huskers also have enjoyed the services of three Heisman winners: RB Johnny Rodgers (1972), RB Mike Rozier (1983) and QB Eric Crouch (2001). Nebraska ranks in the top five in numerous categories such as major bowl appearances (30, T-2nd), 10-win seasons (23, 3rd), bowl appearances (45, 4th), conference titles (26, T-4th), weeks at AP No. 1 (70, 5th) and major bowl wins (14, 5th).

Negatives: Nebraska isn't among the elite in the first three decades of the AP poll era. The Huskers are in 35th place in the Prestige Rankings when the 1950s began. Things didn't turn around quickly after that either. In fact, Nebraska had 17 losing seasons in a 21-season span between 1941 and 1961. More recently, Nebraska has produced only two first-round picks this decade, while finishing the season unranked in four of its last five seasons.

Through the decades: Through 1958: 49th | 1968: 23rd | 1978: 8th | 1988: 7th | 1998: 4th

Did you know? Nebraska had a record 35 consecutive bowl appearances from 1969 to 2003. The longest current bowl-appearance streak belongs to Florida State, which has 27.

Dude, Notre Dame is squarely in our sites. Only 26 point difference.

Domers haven't been relevent for 20+ years...oh well, atleast we're in top 5

Negatives: Notre Dame haters would be quick to notice that the Irish earned almost a third of their Prestige Points before 1950. Of course, Notre Dame's recent struggles have been well documented, but we have to continue to pile it on here. ND has just one bowl win since 1994. Since 2000, Notre Dame has a third of the first-round draft picks that Boston College has (2 to 6). And since 1998, Notre Dame ranks 30th in the country, behind four non-BCS schools and both Oregon teams.

Did you know? Since 1995, Notre Dame has fewer consensus All-Americans than Northwestern.

:rollin

Since NCs are worth 25 points, it's probably safe to say that the top three will be Notre Dame, Alabama and Michigan (not necessarily in that order). Texas, Ohio State, USC, Nebraska and Oklahoma will follow. If I had to guess the order, I would say:

1. Notre Dame

2. Michigan

3. Alabama

4. USC

5. Ohio State

6. Oklahoma

7. Nebraska

8. Texas

9. Miami

10. Florida State

Of all the rankings and lists that ESPN does, this is one of the more interesting ones.

Wow I was far off. I was going by all-time national title lists, while I didn't read the article closely enough to see they are only including 1936 and beyond. That's pretty genius we're in the top five. I still think ND will end up #1 because of national titles. We'll probably be 4 or 5.

Since NCs are worth 25 points, it's probably safe to say that the top three will be Notre Dame, Alabama and Michigan (not necessarily in that order). Texas, Ohio State, USC, Nebraska and Oklahoma will follow. If I had to guess the order, I would say:

1. Notre Dame

2. Michigan

3. Alabama

4. USC

5. Ohio State

6. Oklahoma

7. Nebraska

8. Texas

9. Miami

10. Florida State

Of all the rankings and lists that ESPN does, this is one of the more interesting ones.

Wow I was far off. I was going by all-time national title lists, while I didn't read the article closely enough to see they are only including 1936 and beyond. That's pretty genius we're in the top five. I still think ND will end up #1 because of national titles. We'll probably be 4 or 5.

The rankings are already out on the wesbite:

1. OU

2. USC

3. ND

4. OSU

5. Nebraska