ESPN's Prestige rankings..

I would guess NU would end up around 5th. The first 20 years will really hurt out numbers. ND will probably end up #1. I'm sure they'll find some hanging chads, figure in the number of television appearances, or figure in the national rankings at the beginning of the year (and ignore the rankings at the end of the year). All kidding aside - and I hate to say this - they probably deserve it.

The top 10 is going to consist of (not in order):

Nebraska

Oklahoma

Texas

Ohio State

Michigan

Notre Dame

Alabama

Florida State

Miami

USC

pick and choose, it's pretty damn close!

I am thinking number 4-5. It will be interesting where they put USC.

they aren't "putting" any team anywhere... it's all a formula.. even if they wanted a team higher, they can't do that.

I would guess NU would end up around 5th. The first 20 years will really hurt out numbers. ND will probably end up #1. I'm sure they'll find some hanging chads, figure in the number of television appearances, or figure in the national rankings at the beginning of the year (and ignore the rankings at the end of the year). All kidding aside - and I hate to say this - they probably deserve it.

If they figure in television appearances ND will have a big advantage depending on the weight of the television factor. My father told me that when he was a kid they had a ND game on every single week they played, and back then they only maybe had 1 or 2 games on television every Saturday.

Since NCs are worth 25 points, it's probably safe to say that the top three will be Notre Dame, Alabama and Michigan (not necessarily in that order). Texas, Ohio State, USC, Nebraska and Oklahoma will follow. If I had to guess the order, I would say:

1. Notre Dame

2. Michigan

3. Alabama

4. USC

5. Ohio State

6. Oklahoma

7. Nebraska

8. Texas

9. Miami

10. Florida State

Of all the rankings and lists that ESPN does, this is one of the more interesting ones.

I really dont expect ESPN to have the Huskers #1 but it was my top 10 and I must say I am a little bias.

but this isn't ESPN picking these... it's their formula that is picking them.. whoever ends up in the top spot just fits that formula. pretty much the most unbiased this convo would ever get.

they aren't "putting" any team anywhere... it's all a formula.. even if they wanted a team higher, they can't do that.

S U R E..they aren't..

Just looking at their criteria, it's obvious that THEY more than likely came up with a preconceived notion of which team was their favourite, then tried different scenarios and point awards to make it come out that way..

Are you new? :lol:

The scoring system really isn't all that bad, seems pretty fair for the most part. The thing that worried me at first that the conference championship game gets you 5 points, and some conferences don't have those so I figured somebody was getting gipped. I think they mean, however, that you just need to have the best record in your conference at the end of the year. Overall though, it seems pretty fair. There aren't any ridiculous points that can be given or taken away. I wonder if Nebraska will fall into any situations where they are awarded negative points?

The chats are pretty funny. Tenn and Oregon fans trying to figure out how they aren't elite schools. ("Did you know between 64 and 88, Oregon didn't make a SINGLE bowl? That's not very Quack-tastic.") Anyway, I found this nugget interesting:

Actually, both Oklahoma and USC both had -29 points for NCAA penalties... Those would be the most among our ten remaining programs.