ESPN's Prestige rankings..

WE ARE IN TOP 5

BTW, Bama is 6.

Ohio Pete...beat me by a couple seconds...darn slow work internet!

So, this leaves:

NU

OU

ND

OSU

USC

But in what order??

My guess is this:

OU

ND

USC

NU

OSU

My realistic guess would be:

Sooners

Huskers (I think our 90s can equal Trojans 2000s, our 70s can hang with their 70s, and our 80s putting us over the top, while their 90s killed them)

Trojans

Buckeyes (due to recent success)

Irish (due to lack of recent success...since 70s)

I really dont expect ESPN to have the Huskers #1 but it was my top 10 and I must say I am a little bias.

but this isn't ESPN picking these... it's their formula that is picking them.. whoever ends up in the top spot just fits that formula. pretty much the most unbiased this convo would ever get.

they aren't "putting" any team anywhere... it's all a formula.. even if they wanted a team higher, they can't do that.

S U R E..they aren't..

Just looking at their criteria, it's obvious that THEY more than likely came up with a preconceived notion of which team was their favourite, then tried different scenarios and point awards to make it come out that way..

Are you new? :lol:

pretty sure OU and NU wouldn't be ahead of Bama if that was the case....

The chats are pretty funny. Tenn and Oregon fans trying to figure out how they aren't elite schools. ("Did you know between 64 and 88, Oregon didn't make a SINGLE bowl? That's not very Quack-tastic.") Anyway, I found this nugget interesting:

Actually, both Oklahoma and USC both had -29 points for NCAA penalties... Those would be the most among our ten remaining programs.

They are pretty funny, Bama fans aren't very happy, one dude goes on about "12" NC's and someone else calls him out on it. Hilarious. This was one of the best quotes that I found:

Report Violation

I forgot all about NEBRASKA....gosh if my GATORS didnt get raped by them who knows where florida would have been ranked!...that was a sad night for GATOR fans...

Baylor??? WTF Baylor???? aarrggghh

What do you want to bet Notre dame ranked #1? lol

you have to remember Jhawk, this is from like 1949 to now and KU wasnt exactly killing people anytime over the past 60 years for anymore than a year here and a year there. Baylor has more conference titles, more all americans, more bowl games, more bowl wins, so on and so on. Plus with all the points possible for fininshing ranked, have AA's on your team,bowl games, winning bowl games, winning divisions/conferences and playing in Con Title games, you can jump up the list pretty quick with a string of good years

yea Baylor was once a force to be reckoned with in the southeastern conference, so they definently will have a better ranking than KU.

The chats are pretty funny. Tenn and Oregon fans trying to figure out how they aren't elite schools. ("Did you know between 64 and 88, Oregon didn't make a SINGLE bowl? That's not very Quack-tastic.") Anyway, I found this nugget interesting:

Actually, both Oklahoma and USC both had -29 points for NCAA penalties... Those would be the most among our ten remaining programs.

They are pretty funny, Bama fans aren't very happy, one dude goes on about "12" NC's and someone else calls him out on it. Hilarious. This was one of the best quotes that I found:

Report Violation

I forgot all about NEBRASKA....gosh if my GATORS didnt get raped by them who knows where florida would have been ranked!...that was a sad night for GATOR fans...

That was a great night in 1996-95

last 5 will be:

1) USC (2087)

2) Oklahoma (1975)

3) Notre Dame (1730)

4) Ohio State (1712)

5) Nebraska (1628)

Chris (Bethany, OK): What's the point total of #1? You can tell us that without giving away who it is.

SportsNation Harold Shelton : (2:52 PM ET ) Team A has close to 2,000 points, 71 more than Team B for 2nd place. Team C isn't even in the realm of catching A or B for right now.

ken: Hah, baesd on your point totals, that means 1-2 have to be OU and USC and 3 lackluster ND

SportsNation Harold Shelton : (3:03 PM ET ) Not a bad guess. That's not correct but definitely not a bad guess.

Report Violation

That was a great night in 1996-95

Still burned in my head are images of a confused looking Spurrier with his visor half cocked and his hair all messed up. It was wonderful. All the "experts" saying how Florida was too fast for us and that we couldn't compete on natrual grass.

post-6144-1232672278.jpg