Recruiting W/R ?????

What gives? I thought that the coaching staff would be really pushing this position, after they lost the top 2 at that spot. Do any of you think that the kids we were trying to recruit , don't think we have a good Q/B coming in next year? Should the coaches have given more playing time to Witt and Lee to maybe show what they did have for next year? This is like losing a year of training not having some red shirts sitting out next year learning the system. Lets hope that the coaches don't have to start throwing in players who have not played that position, just to have enough w/r's if the injury bug hits, next year.

Hope the w/r's step up big next year, if not, it could be tough if our opponents don't respect our passing game next year.

GBR!!!

we were already pretty deep at WR, and we added kinnie as well as bell so i dont think that is all that bad....

But no #1 type guy is in the bunch.

With the limited schollies we have next year, the coaches need to focus hard on going after their top WR like they did with Cody Green this year. No holds barred in getting the guy.

we were already pretty deep at WR, and we added kinnie as well as bell so i dont think that is all that bad....

But no #1 type guy is in the bunch.

With the limited schollies we have next year, the coaches need to focus hard on going after their top WR like they did with Cody Green this year. No holds barred in getting the guy.

how many will we have next year?

between 13 and 16 next year i believe.

I think it'll be in the high teens. I see some guys who won't get their act together or ever crack the two-deep falling by the wayside.

As far as wr goes it does seem weird that we have trouble getting in on bigtime high school guys. Hopefully we reverse that trend in '10.

We should be adequate at WR next year. Kinnie should add immediate depth, but we'll need the core group of Gilleylan, Holt, and Paul to really step up.

As for this year's recruiting class, don't count out a couple of speedy slot type walk-ons in Kildow and Failla. They may be small and coming off of injuries, but they were two of the most explosive players in the state their junior years.

[quote name='Danimal' date='Feb 5 2009, 10:35 PM' post='414032'

As far as wr goes it does seem weird that we have trouble getting in on bigtime high school guys. Hopefully we reverse that trend in '10.

It's not weird to me, did Gilmore recruit anybody this year?? Has he ever??

Over the years NU has taken just about anybody they've wanted from Wichita, Gilmore's from Wichita and NU hasn't landed one player from there in a long time. There's been ample opportunities for Gilmore to land players from that city, no dice.

i just counted on huskers.com and we will have 13 seniors graduating after next season so unless we have some defections etc etc. then we will only have 13 schollys for next season. thus we have to be selective.

Theres more that goes into it than that... I'm pretty sure scholarships from guys like Sullivan and Hetzer will be available next year. Plus we didn't even sign as many scholarships as we had available this year so it depends how many we reward to walk ons... Regardless I would think we get around 20 again next year