Scariest Game of Next Season: Baylor

I'm not gonna lie; this past season I remember yelling at the top of my lungs at halftime, "THIS IS F*CKING BAYLOR!!! WTF!!!"

I got drunk watching that game...seemed like I couldn't put the beer down because I was a little nervous. I do think they will be better this year, but so will we so no worries! lol

Bo DID do a good job of halftime adjustments to stop Baylor in the second half BUT I have to be honest here.That Baylor team was faster and more athletic than our team...at least on offense anyways.Now dont get me wrong I think our defense is where we EVENTUALLY will win that game but Baylor has some horses on offense .If Griffith is an accurate passer they will be hard to stop.I think we win but closer than most think.31ish to 24ish.

Baylor still doesn't match up with the talent they have and their coaching against the bigger schools in the conference. Art Briles is showing progress, but Baylor is not a career making school. The second Briles gets an opportunity to coach at a bigger name school he is going to take it, no matter how passionate he is about Baylor (Gene Chizik and Iowa State anybody)?

If Briles stays, Baylor will have some opportunities to win some games they probably shouldn't, but I still them being bowl ineligible next year and only winning against the weak teams they play.

did you just describe nebraska basketball? hmmmm........

possibly :dunno

but at least we upset Texas this past weekend

my point exactly.

I think a lot of folks are giving Baylor FAR too much credit.

Having one good player does not make you a great team. Just look at K-state the last few years. And the Mildcats have much more overall talent than Baylor.

That might be true. But lets not forget they almost upset us, almost upset missouri, gave texas a run for their money the first couple quarters, almost upset texas tech, and did upset A&M (well...not a huge upset). We'll just have to see what happens next season.

We beat Baylor hands down. Besides....Griffin doesn't play on defense the last time I checked.

:yeah Our entire 2008 season was a season of learning, which is expected under a new head coach. We will have far fewer screw ups this year, and Baylor's lack of talent will show. I expect Griffin to make some plays but honestly, as of right now, they are still the Baylor team we all know. They have to prove themselves.

We beat Baylor hands down. Besides....Griffin doesn't play on defense the last time I checked.

:yeah Our entire 2008 season was a season of learning, which is expected under a new head coach. We will have far fewer screw ups this year, and Baylor's lack of talent will show. I expect Griffin to make some plays but honestly, as of right now, they are still the Baylor team we all know. They have to prove themselves.

Baylor had no defense or running game besides the QB. Tyhey get defene to Guy M orris level and step it up on offense, then they will beat some good Big 12 teams.

I agree you should win, but for most of the game in Lincoln you must have had your hands up, as you were down at half and did not exactly dominate. You deserved your win, but I would not take that predicition with quite as much confidence. They have a crappy home field vibe and all, so being on the road is less of a disadvantage except you can actually hear the insults, as there is so little crowd noise to drown them out.

P.S. Typical KU luck, we get Baylor in Griffin's Junior and Senior years... great....

I agree you should win, but for most of the game in Lincoln you must have had your hands up, as you were down at half and did not exactly dominate. You deserved your win, but I would not take that predicition with quite as much confidence. They have a crappy home field vibe and all, so being on the road is less of a disadvantage except you can actually hear the insults, as there is so little crowd noise to drown them out.

P.S. Typical KU luck, we get Baylor in Griffin's Junior and Senior years... great....

They jumped on us early in the 1st quarter but after that, we settled down and beat them soundly. In the second half we shut em out completely. Unlike some of the others on here are saying...It won't be a close game this fall. This will be an easy win for us!

I'm not going to lie, Kansas gets arguably the toughest schedule year in and year out lol. I mean you have to play OU, Texas, and TT next year if I'm not mistaken. It really hurts Kansas's chances of being competitive and coming out of the Big 12 North with a strong record.