Cosgrove criticizes the Nebraska fan base

Husker-Joe

I guess we can agree to disagree. From our standpoint as fans, we see it as "there are a few rotten apples, but that's not us." And that's right _ I am not calling anyone here classless.

But what Coz saw and went through is not that. The experience he (and his wife and kids) had from the Nebraska fans was constant heckling, threatening phone calls, etc. He is making comments now for the first time about that experience. He should respond by admitting mistakes? I don't know. Anyone in their right mind in his position would be more than a little peeved at the treatment they received.

I don't give a F**K about class - HE SUCKED BALLS AS A COACH!!!!!!!

Well there you go then :)

So then he understands how "peeved" we fans are about his results while at NU. With that said he he got what what deserved since he brought it upon himself with the lack of results at NU. Before he took the job he knew that NU fans are the most passionate in all sports. For him to come here and lay the annual egg he did warrentled him being hated.

Coz is not a tool. Get over it - he didn't end up doing well here, and that's something plenty of coaches do at plenty of schools. The kind of $hit he endured from the fans is more than ANY coach should EVER go through. He and his family deserve better. From the self-appointed "classiest fans in college football" at that.

When you are Cosgrove, you deserve SOME of what he got, but not everything. Honestly, his techniques did not work, his coaching style did not work, and his arrogance was horrible. "Man, the sh#t I'm coaching isn't working and my players are getting lit up, so I'll just keep telling them to do the same things, give em a pat on the butt, and tell them they'll get it next time!"

Yeah..arrogance doesn't go over well..

I heard he's planning on teaching a tackling clinic this spring, since that is what he was good at teaching. One of his aide's is Corey McKeon.

(Quote of Kevin Cosgrove, from the article (no plagiarism ;) )):

On NU’s statistical rankings in 2007: “I don’t know, I didn’t even look at it, because the way things went down there, it was done before the season was even over. We all knew we were fired before that.”

Cosgrove used the 2005 team, which led the nation in sacks, as an example of his success: “In 2005, we led the nation in sacks, and tackles for loss. You have to put a lot of pressure on quarterbacks to do that, don’t you?... We led the nation, not the conference. I think that’s an accomplishment.”

The first statement actually sounds like he's saying he gave up on the season, which from a fan who watched seemed to be possible.

The second statement shows just how "good" of a teacher he was because (I didn't look up the stats) I don't believe the D was even close to that productive after that year....Another words, the longer the kids were in his system, the worse they got (I apologize for the disrespect to the players AND I rooted for them every game, just FYI). Exhibit A: McKeon looked like he had the potential to be a big time player as a sophomore, then by his senior year I wondered why Dillard wasn't playing ALL the snaps instead of Corey.

But, I say thanks to Cosgrove for trying, apologize for the treatment of his kids, and performing at such a low level that we got the BO here in Lincoln to: :restore

I guess we can agree to disagree. From our standpoint as fans, we see it as "there are a few rotten apples, but that's not us." And that's right _ I am not calling anyone here classless.

But what Coz saw and went through is not that. The experience he (and his wife and kids) had from the Nebraska fans was constant heckling, threatening phone calls, etc. He is making comments now for the first time about that experience. He should respond by admitting mistakes? I don't know. Anyone in their right mind in his position would be more than a little peeved at the treatment they received.

I don't give a F**K about class - HE SUCKED BALLS AS A COACH!!!!!!!

Well there you go then :)

So then he understands how "peeved" we fans are about his results while at NU. With that said he he got what what deserved since he brought it upon himself with the lack of results at NU. Before he took the job he knew that NU fans are the most passionate in all sports. For him to come here and lay the annual egg he did warrentled him being hated.

I agree that bringing his family into it is not good. But I also agree that Cos is a tool and not even a good tool. Like a mac or craftsman or something I would say he's more like a walmart tool. In fact maybe he should quite coaching and become a walmart greeter. A job a little closer to his talent level.

I vote for TOOL. I had thankfully forgotten all about him until I read this thread. He gave it his best shot, it wasn't good enough. So, instead of just manning up and moving on, whine and cry about the *FANS*. Yeah, anything to divert attention away from the real problem.

I would have had a great deal more tolerance for ineptitude from the last coaching staff if any one of them had any kind of accountability for their actions -- or lack thereof. But not once did I see it out of any of them. Goodbye and good riddance. Best of luck in the big televen, Kevin.

I vote for TOOL. I had thankfully forgotten all about him until I read this thread. He gave it his best shot, it wasn't good enough. So, instead of just manning up and moving on, whine and cry about the *FANS*. Yeah, anything to divert attention away from the real problem.

I would have had a great deal more tolerance for ineptitude from the last coaching staff if any one of them had any kind of accountability for their actions -- or lack thereof. But not once did I see it out of any of them. Goodbye and good riddance. Best of luck in the big televen, Kevin.

When they were here it was never their fault and ALWAYS the players fault. Why would anybody expect them to be accountable for their mistakes now?