HuskerVision improvements and other stuff

dbetz23

Just gives them more opportunity to sell advertising...why didn't that PAY for the ribbon boards rather than raising season ticket prices?? I bet they will double dip and charge more for advertising too.

Hate to be negative, but it just costs more and more to go to a game every season.

I might be the only one . . . but I'm not excited about the ribbon boards. They will show advertising almost exclusively, and it will make the atmosphere seem that much more like a pro stadium.

I disagree, i went to the OU vs. NU game this year, and Norman has the ribbon boards and HD screens already, and i throughly approve of them. They helped a lot with stats, and cheers. they didnt show an awful amount of ads, if they did, then they were on the very ends, with other things (stats, scores, ect.) in the middle. I loved the ribbons. They make it look really sharp. Hopefully, ill go to the NU vs. OU game this year and be able to see them.

GBR!

I might be the only one . . . but I'm not excited about the ribbon boards. They will show advertising almost exclusively, and it will make the atmosphere seem that much more like a pro stadium.

I disagree, i went to the OU vs. NU game this year, and Norman has the ribbon boards and HD screens already, and i throughly approve of them. They helped a lot with stats, and cheers. they didnt show an awful amount of ads, if they did, then they were on the very ends, with other things (stats, scores, ect.) in the middle. I loved the ribbons. They make it look really sharp. Hopefully, ill go to the NU vs. OU game this year and be able to see them.

GBR!

Could be! I haven't seen them yet . . . that was just my reaction to the idea. They might end up great.

I think the Ribbon Boards would be nice. They are good for showing stats and scores to other games. They often have some sort of way of doing cheers with them and lots and lots of advertising is a given lol.

I wonder if they will be just for advertising, that kind of would piss me off. Especially if they take down all of the all-American names, that are already on the balconies.

GBR!

Could be! I haven't seen them yet . . . that was just my reaction to the idea. They might end up great.

i was at the ku game in 07, and they have a couple ribbon boards... i don't remember any advertisments at all(im sure they did have advertisements though), just stats and scores form other games, and chants. it was cool.

depending on how big our boards are going to be i expect the same as what ku did. heres a pic of ku's Linkerdoodldoo

I'm fine with ribbon boards if they leave the conference championships and academic all-americans and all that up there, which will be hard to do.

If that stuff goes, I don't want them.

agreed but I will add, if they are only for advertising I dont want them.

It is funny, but one of the husker project videos shows a clip of TO saying that college football is going into a commercial realm, and that scares him. But it the Ribbon boards are for advertising (which most are) he will be another product of the system