No Place Like Memorial Stadium

• 4 weeks later...

Sadly, I've never seen a Husker game in Lincoln. I've been to the last 3 games against ASU in Tempe, and the '00 Fiesta and '01 Rose Bowls.

If I can get "decently" priced tickets to the OU game, a buddy and I will make the trip.

Growing up I always assumed I'd have my whole life to go to games. Then my mom remarried and we moved to AZ shortly before my 16th birthday. Money or timing has always prevented a trip during football season.

I was on the field once on a weekday back in '00 or '01 (dont know if I was allowed to go on the field or not, but it wasnt locked up). Anyway, that was one heck of a crown the field had before this new field. Considering that it seems we're back to featuring more of a ground attack, I wish we still had it.

I have been a husker fan all my life. I lived in TX for 16 years, and Missouri for 2. I have only been to one game, and it was the awful loss to KU in lawrence in 2007. Luckily, I am attending NU next year so there are many games in store for me over the next 4 years. From what I have seen of Memorial Stadium on the outside, I can only imagine what it will be like from the stands next year.

My first game was either in 87 I believe (I was 10 or 11) and it was against Oklahoma State and they has Thurman Thomas and Barry Sanders. It's amazing 2 Hall of Famers were on that team.

Also, to the guy whose first game was the Colorado game last year, you may not ever want to come to a game again, because that was the loudest I have ever heard the stadium.

Not my first game, but my favorite memory was going there with my dad in 1995 to watch the Pacific game. I would have been seven years old at the time. A guy outside practically GAVE us 50-yard line tickets right behind the team. We drank hot chocolate and watched Damon Benning run for, like, a gazillion yards as we won 49-7. Later on, when I cared about numbers and things, I would learn that we racked up 700 yards of total offense that day.