Barry Turner arrested.

Good lord, what the hell is wrong with these guys. Maybe have Grant Wistrom and Jason Peter come stay for a few days and show this team how things are delt with internally. Suh has had chats with JP, he should tell him how to handle these situations, like whoever gets in trouble gets their ass kicked. Seemed to work fine back then.

Did it work for Christian Peter?

Haha, no It did'nt, because no one could kick his ass. The only thing that worked for Christian was stopping drinking.

well, it happens, that more than a few of these "kids" think the law doesn't apply to them..sad deal, if he is guilty, kick has a$$ off the team.

the football program doesn't need this.

Hunter, try to keep up will you? Read the thread, and then come back and post. :facepalm:

This should go well...................

Anyways, the prosecutor's must've decided that they didn't think they had enough evidence or they thought the witness was going to back out and said forget it.

No I agree with others.....if the charges were dropped he must not have done anything wrong..... <_<

Having been in some kind of rough relationships with some less than sane women I'm not saying I'm above his behavior but I think he definately lost a little control of himself here. Maybe provoked but at his size and in his position he's gonna have to find a way to not do this stuff.

I for one raise eyebrows when athletes are arrested and then the charges are dropped.....hmmmm......

Domestic charges being dropped happens ALL the time every day, but being this is a husker and was made more public you got to hear about it. Could charges being dropped against an athlete be fishy? Yes and no. Could charges being dropped against a non-athlete be fishy? Yes and no. These domestic things happen all the time every day, and when things calm down and the couple talk it over, many, many times charges get dropped because the woman/man don't want to go thru with it. As public as domestic cases can become, most are dealt with privately between the couple. An athlete is a human as much as any of us. They get emotional in relationships also. Personally, the DUIs, MIPs, etc seem worse to me, because these are things they can control more than one can control emotions. Cut the guy some slack, never been in trouble before that I know of and he let his emotions about a girl get in the way of his judgement.

It's a good thing he didn't do this in Iowa as victims can't drop domestic charges in this state. They can try, but the prosecutors are the one's who decide that ultimate fate. I figured Nebraska was the same way since we are a bordering state?

Doesn't Barry have a child? I think I heard something about a child being at the place while this all happened. If so, I feel horrible if the child saw any of this!! Sometimes as a guy, you just have to say F*ck it! Chicks are crazy and can become a different person at a drop of a hat(personal experience).

There's an enlightened opinion. I could become a different person too, with a 6'3" 250 dude coming after me.

ehh women do be crazy, i remember back when i was...7? my dad weighed about 350, and my mother about 120 well my mother decided to attack my father because my sister and i wanted to do swimming lessons that summer instead of camp fire boys and girls. my dad back handed her while the baby sitter called 911 my mom ended up getting charged with domestic abuse.

well, it happens, that more than a few of these "kids" think the law doesn't apply to them..sad deal, if he is guilty, kick has a$$ off the team.

Hunter, try to keep up will you? Read the thread, and then come back and post. :facepalm:

Anyways, the prosecutor's must've decided that they didn't think they had enough evidence or they thought the witness was going to back out and said forget it.

No I agree with others.....if the charges were dropped he must not have done anything wrong..... <_<

Having been in some kind of rough relationships with some less than sane women I'm not saying I'm above his behavior but I think he definately lost a little control of himself here. Maybe provoked but at his size and in his position he's gonna have to find a way to not do this stuff.

I for one raise eyebrows when athletes are arrested and then the charges are dropped.....hmmmm......

Domestic charges being dropped happens ALL the time every day, but being this is a husker and was made more public you got to hear about it. Could charges being dropped against an athlete be fishy? Yes and no. Could charges being dropped against a non-athlete be fishy? Yes and no. These domestic things happen all the time every day, and when things calm down and the couple talk it over, many, many times charges get dropped because the woman/man don't want to go thru with it. As public as domestic cases can become, most are dealt with privately between the couple. An athlete is a human as much as any of us. They get emotional in relationships also. Personally, the DUIs, MIPs, etc seem worse to me, because these are things they can control more than one can control emotions. Cut the guy some slack, never been in trouble before that I know of and he let his emotions about a girl get in the way of his judgement.

It's a good thing he didn't do this in Iowa as victims can't drop domestic charges in this state. They can try, but the prosecutors are the one's who decide that ultimate fate. I figured Nebraska was the same way since we are a bordering state?

It's the same in Nebraska as Iowa; County Attorney has the final say on whether to file the charges. BRI I know I am preaching to the choir but it is an assembly line job, we do ours and hope the prosecution does theirs when it is there turn. Turner did two days, and I hope that he learns not to go hands on his girlfriend again. dedhoarse

Good lord, what the hell is wrong with these guys. Maybe have Grant Wistrom and Jason Peter come stay for a few days and show this team how things are delt with internally. Suh has had chats with JP, he should tell him how to handle these situations, like whoever gets in trouble gets their ass kicked. Seemed to work fine back then.

You really think Jason Peter would be a great role model for this team? When neither Jason or Christian could find a woman to drag back to their cave from the bar, they would fight each other. Do we really need to revisit all the "scrapes" with the law the players on the teams from the mid-90's had? I think I read where nearly half the starters had some kind of felony charge pending when the 95' NC game was played. Yeah, there was some strong disciplinary action being taken there, and yeah things were dealt with great internally.

It's the same in Nebraska as Iowa; County Attorney has the final say on whether to file the charges. BRI I know I am preaching to the choir but it is an assembly line job, we do ours and hope the prosecution does theirs when it is there turn. Turner did two days, and I hope that he learns not to go hands on his girlfriend again. dedhoarse

This is all true, but the prosecuter isn't going to go forth without cooperation from the victim in most cases. And why won't he? Mainly because of money, but also without cooperation his case is junk. If he tried the case without cooperation from the witness, he would waste ALOT of money and lose. He has a job and I'm sure he'd like to keep it.