QB Robert Mavre

I agree that we need qbs and I am not counting on Washington to do much for us at qb, but I am counting on Green. I have said many times, even when Witt was there that I would love it if Lee won the qb spot for two years and then have Green start for three years. As long as Spano comes back healthy and we get a top to mid tier guy in this class I think we will be fine, not great, fine. I just don't like adding jucos or transfers unless they are going to have at least three years to play. If we get a high school qb we would have Lee (solid), Spano (solid) Washington (depth), Green (projected solid), and then the high school guy coming in to make 5. I just don't think we need to bring this guy in. If we are hard up for qb's I would rather see us take two high school guys.

You would have to be a complete idiot to think we are stocked at QB. How many of those players have actually had 1 snap in an official D1 game? I'm not saying anything about Marve; only that statement is completely ludicrous.

Why is this so difficult for you to understand: Having potentially four or five guys for one position does equal stocked.

:hellloooo And, if you'll notice I'm not saying anything about experience.

You would have to be a complete idiot to think we are stocked at QB. How many of those players have actually had 1 snap in an official D1 game? I'm not saying anything about Marve; only that statement is completely ludicrous.

Why is this so difficult for you to understand: Having potentially four or five guys for one position does equal stocked.

:hellloooo And, if you'll notice I'm not saying anything about experience.

Hello, Jen.

Maybe the words "Fully" and "Stocked" are a bad choice here..

Probably wouldn't even work for fish in a pond, either.

(Although maybe enough for a kiddie pool if you fish like me).

I don't know how many players we keep on our roster now days, but we used to have enough to have four teams playing our Offense practicin' against four scout teams pretending to be our opponent's Defense.

We also had four teams playing our Defense going against four teams running our opponents' Offense.

Even if we're now down to three teams..that's 6 QB's (uninjured) needed...Plus Ndamucong Suh playing a little QB to keep him from getting bored...Plus you'd probably need some spares for when he gets hungry.

Sure we might have a few unknown walk-ons getting to be tackling dummies, but the better caliber QB we can get at fourth string through sixth, the better picture it gives our Blackshirts to help stop the opponent's QB..(True for every position).

Hopefully, you have enough redshirted Freshmen or Transfers on hand (that know there's no chance at playing in a game this year) to man these scrub teams because you want your top three or four concentrating on our Offense all season..just in case of injury or because the number One or Two QB are tanking...

Shoot...I Just found out today, that we're cutting back our hours at work to 6-hr days so we don't have to lay so many off...(My afternoons are now mostly going to be free..I'm almost getting fired up enough for the season to start to see if I can walk-on out here at ASU..Wonder if I have any eligibility left? :wacko:

No Jen, it doesn't. You could have as many QB's on the team as you'd like. If none of them have what it takes to beat the opponent, they don't fall under the category of being "stocked."

Post Spring Game Analysis...

I'm more convinced now that signing Marve, should he want to come to Nebraska, it would be a huge mistake for Bo to allow him in...

1. Zach Lee, after a shaky start, played lights out...

2. LaTravias Washington played really well, especially for being at QB for 3 weeks...

3. Cody Green, well he looked like a true freshman today...

4. At the post spring game presser Bo stated that Taylor Martinez was going to get a shot a playing QB.

Marve isn't needed and in my opinion he's not wanted.

While hindsight is 20/20 you have to wonder if the coaches cringe a bit about the fact they encouraged Brian Hildebrand to look elsewhere because of the logjam at the time. :dunno

In this case hindsight is not 20/20. The coaches saw on film that Brian wasn't the type of QB they wanted ergo they told him to take a walk. You can lump Shaun Mohler and other recruits, that the previous staff was so "high" on into this category.

Really? I thought Hildebrand was here, practiced, didn't cut it, and only then left, although I don't know the whole story there (could someone fill me in?)

In this case, I stand by earlier statement that QB is a position that could use some more depth. It's very shaky, unproven. One freak injury and we are in a world of hurt. A vanilla scrimmage changes/proves very little.

While hindsight is 20/20 you have to wonder if the coaches cringe a bit about the fact they encouraged Brian Hildebrand to look elsewhere because of the logjam at the time. :dunno

In this case hindsight is not 20/20. The coaches saw on film that Brian wasn't the type of QB they wanted ergo they told him to take a walk. You can lump Shaun Mohler and other recruits, that the previous staff was so "high" on into this category.

Actually hindsight is always 20/20. What you are referring to is the foresight the coaching staff based their decision on.

Firstly, Jen I love that your arguements are well reasoned, well express and that you stick by your points. That said, I disagree.

For my money, any recruit who comes here expecting to start because mommy told him he's the greatest is welcome to enroll elsewhere. If the kid truely is that 1 in a million that is good enough on day one, he will win the job. There are far to many true freshmen playing today who aren't ready, but may be their teams best option, I hope we are not that team.

2 years of elligibility perfectly covers for the gap created by Witt's departure and extends 1 year beyond Lee's graduation. If Green or Spano are better than he, let 'em duke it out on the feild.

Also, Spano's injury is to the knee. Nobody should assume that he will return 100%.

Lastly, Ebke was kept at safty even after Spano's injury. This is not a glowing endorsement of his QB prowess by the coaching staff.

Ya Hildebrand was offered by Callahan, came here practiced for quite a while then left with his dad taking some jabs on the way out. I don't even know why this kid came up bc I'm pretty sure he was on campus in 06' and had a noodle for an arm at that. This guy has nothing to do with Pelini.