QB Robert Mavre

2. QB really isn't a position of need right now.....

You were saying....? :laughpound

QB's available, or potentially available for the Huskers to use come fall: Lee, Green, Martinez, Ebke and Washington.

With potentially five QB's to choose from, do the Huskers really need a sixth? No. So again, even with Spano's injury, QB is still plenty stocked.

I admire your enthusiasm, Jen, but Spano going down hurts. Really...really hurts. My main hope is that whatever happens, they don't pull Green's redshirt UNLESS he truly is a superstar who could come in and change the game immediately. Your list also assumes that Martinez makes the switch––entirely possible. Washington is almost a moot point, and from a learning-the-offense standpoint so are Martinez and possibly Green. This injury could do a lot of damage if Lee doesn't work out or goes down.

Here's to hoping he can stay sober and on his two feet for the next 8-9 months.

With Spano out till at least Fall, this may open the door to Nebraska for Mavre. It means Mavre would have the direct ability to try and take the second string job behind Lee and allow us to preserve Green's redshirt. Even though what happened to Spano is tough to swallow, it may work out for us as far as Green is concerned.

Thats not correct. As stated, Marve is inelligible to play for an FBS team in 2009. He is of no use to NU this coming season.

Thanks I forgot about that. He would have to redshirt this year.

Marve's contribution would be felt this year. The No. 4 QB runs the scout team, which will be crucial for preparing our defense each week. Green and Washington will face the possibility of playing at any given moment in 2009, and will only be practicing within our offense.

Makes you wonder who gets Scout team duty this year if Spano still isn't fully recovered? :dunno Martinez? Maybe Washington will have to?

Makes you wonder who gets Scout team duty this year if Spano still isn't fully recovered? :dunno Martinez? Maybe Washington will have to?

Yep...Maybe Ebke I guess...

Anyone know if he moved back to QB after Spano went down? Also QB Ron Kellogg Jr. will be coming in as a walk-on and is a will provide some depth or could potentially fill a scout team role.

QB's available, or potentially available for the Huskers to use come fall: Lee, Green, Martinez, Ebke and Washington.

With potentially five QB's to choose from, do the Huskers really need a sixth? No. So again, even with Spano's injury, QB is still plenty stocked.

Is this a serious statement? :LOLtartar

Is your question about my statement being serious, serious? :blink:

1. Whoever the #1 QB happens to be, if that person gets hurt, the offensive coaches would have to find another QB to take over...because...drum roll...Marve would be ineligible to play in '09.

2. The assumption that Marve would win the QB spot in '10 is purely based on the absurd hypothesis that none of the QB's currently on the roster would progress or get better over the same time period.

3. Furthermore, it also assumes, quite erroneously I might add, that Nebraska won't be able to sign a prep QB.

4. Besides, even if Marve was eligible in '09 he'd be no better off than any of our other inexperienced QB's because he'd be learning a brand new system.

Marve isn't the answer here fellas. I'm sorry that the facts don't coincide to your opinion.

Now, if Bo does decide to allow him to transfer in, the so be it.

Jen, it remains your opinion, not fact, that Marve "isn't the answer." I think we're all aware that he is ineligible to play this year. And I don't think any of us are assuming he will win the job next year (in fact, we probably all think, or hope, that it will be Lee).

#3: It is not assuming this; Nebraska can and should still add a prep QB in this year's class.

#4 goes back to the question of, wait, are you serious in saying that we are stocked at QB? You name 5 QBs. One is a converted linebacker who badly needs a redshirt season. One is a true freshman who badly needs a redshirt season. One is not even playing QB for us (Ebke). And one is a true freshman who was recruited to play DB, didn't get a single offer for QB (Martinez). Not only does he need a redshirt, he likely isn't even headed for offense.

This leaves us with Lee, Spano, Green, maybe Washington for '10. All are various levels of unknowns. A freshman we bring in will likely redshirt. With this kind of depth, a guy like Marve coming in to run the scout team and then provide depth and competition in '10...is there no need for that?

Granted a lot of this hinges on Washington. I won't consider him a legit QB until I see otherwise. Right now he's a prospect who failed at OLB after 2 years, barely threw passes in his HS offense, and has no accuracy.