QB Robert Mavre

Ya Hildebrand was offered by Callahan, came here practiced for quite a while then left with his dad taking some jabs on the way out. I don't even know why this kid came up bc I'm pretty sure he was on campus in 06' and had a noodle for an arm at that. This guy has nothing to do with Pelini.

You are right. Gawd somtimes the years certain players are recruited just kind of blend together.

Firstly, Jen I love that your arguements are well reasoned, well express and that you stick by your points. That said, I disagree.

For my money, any recruit who comes here expecting to start because mommy told him he's the greatest is welcome to enroll elsewhere. If the kid truely is that 1 in a million that is good enough on day one, he will win the job. There are far to many true freshmen playing today who aren't ready, but may be their teams best option, I hope we are not that team.

2 years of elligibility perfectly covers for the gap created by Witt's departure and extends 1 year beyond Lee's graduation. If Green or Spano are better than he, let 'em duke it out on the feild.

Also, Spano's injury is to the knee. Nobody should assume that he will return 100%.

Lastly, Ebke was kept at safty even after Spano's injury. This is not a glowing endorsement of his QB prowess by the coaching staff.

You can disagree with my assessment, we're not living in an Obamanazi police state just yet...but I horribly digress.

I just don't think Marve is needed and the performances of the QB's at the spring game reinforced my opinion.

If you think we need Marve then that's fine.

And for the record, if Bo offers Marve a scholly and he accepts it-then so be it.

Firstly, Jen I love that your arguements are well reasoned, well express and that you stick by your points. That said, I disagree.

For my money, any recruit who comes here expecting to start because mommy told him he's the greatest is welcome to enroll elsewhere. If the kid truely is that 1 in a million that is good enough on day one, he will win the job. There are far to many true freshmen playing today who aren't ready, but may be their teams best option, I hope we are not that team.

2 years of elligibility perfectly covers for the gap created by Witt's departure and extends 1 year beyond Lee's graduation. If Green or Spano are better than he, let 'em duke it out on the feild.

Also, Spano's injury is to the knee. Nobody should assume that he will return 100%.

Lastly, Ebke was kept at safty even after Spano's injury. This is not a glowing endorsement of his QB prowess by the coaching staff.

You can disagree with my assessment, we're not living in an Obamanazi police state just yet...but I horribly digress.

I just don't think Marve is needed and the performances of the QB's at the spring game reinforced my opinion.

And for the record, if Bo offers Marve a scholly and he accepts it-then so be it.

Oh I figured you might try to stop him :box

Oh I figured you might try to stop him :box

You have no idea what I'm capable of doing... :nutz

:LOLtartar

While hindsight is 20/20 you have to wonder if the coaches cringe a bit about the fact they encouraged Brian Hildebrand to look elsewhere because of the logjam at the time. :dunno

In this case hindsight is not 20/20. The coaches saw on film that Brian wasn't the type of QB they wanted ergo they told him to take a walk. You can lump Shaun Mohler and other recruits, that the previous staff was so "high" on into this category.

You have no idea what I'm capable of doing... :nutz

:LOLtartar

What with your narra hips, and the trouble some (other) guys get into when a pretty waitress walks by..

I'm still thinking about "hindsight"

Sounds like Steven Threet (Mechiken starter last year) is transfering out here to ASU.

I guess it's his second transfer..

Steven Threet, who started eight games at quarterback for Michigan last season, is transferring to Arizona State, where he will be eligible starting in 2010.

The 6-foot-6 Threet, from Adrian, Mich., threw for 1,105 yards and nine touchdowns with seven interceptions as a redshirt freshman at Michigan. He started his college career in January 2007 at Georgia Tech before transferring after spring practice when offensive coordinator Patrick Nix, who recruited him, left for Miami.

Threet and former Miami quarterback Robert Marve made visits to ASU last week.

Threet, whose dropback style doesn't fit the option offense of current Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez, must sit out this year, then will have two years of eligibility remaining.

Robert Marve's high school coach: 'I would not want a player to play for Randy Shannon again'

• 2 weeks later...