Blackshirts

Returning starters I think will have them by the first game as long as they show up in practice the way they should. However, I do not think all the starters will have them by the first game. The new starters will have to earn them just like last years team.

It's hard to say. I mean, how could you NOT give a guy like Suh one? It's a team effort, obviously, but a couple of those guys already earned it, so to lose it just because it's a new season (even if the effort is still there) seems unfair. But it's Bo. Whatever he does, he's probably got a reason.

He who giveth, may taketh away........

/agreed

I'm 99% positive that we will have them handed out before the first home game. All we have to do to keep the blackshirts is play no worse than when they were handed out last year, which will be very easy, considering our defense was still below average at the time.

Look for the blackshirts to be handed out before the Va-Tech game in an attempt to pump up the players.

What makes you think that? Bo didn't give them last year to "pump up the players." He gave them after he was reasonably satisfied with their effort and play. Why do you expect this year to be different?