tunnel walk

Sirius has to STAY

Why do ypu young folks thaink you have to change everyting? Is it because we live in a remote control socuety? I'm bored with this let's change. Never watch more than fifteem minutes of a movie or listem to more than fifteen seconds of a song on the ipod.

But if we must change, how about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhhtRxqSrys

Crank it up!!!

why do you old people have to always have everything the same, oh right because you're afraid of CHANGE(by the obama campaign)

because sirius is cheesy, over done, and boring. sure we could still use it as a start of the video, but dear god when they are going through the tunnel change it to something else, something more sinister and evil and i'm going to whip your ass so bad your gonna feel it for the rest of you're miserable life mildcat.

First and foremost, the sound system needs a pretty major upgrade before any of this talk is worth talking. I usually sit in the South stadium, and have young ears, and I can barely even hear the music playing to begin with. They could play Polka music for the tunnelwalk and I might not even know it.

Now, if the sound system gets updated at some point, then I would be for replacing Sirius, with one very important stipulation: the new song should be an original. Sirius is about as sweet as you're gonna get for a "pump you up" type song that builds the crowd into a fury (you would hope). But it's far from original, obviously (Bulls). So hire a good music producer or two and see when they can come up with. If they can match the brilliance of Sirius (or at least come close) then use the original song. It would be copyrighted by the University so it would be unique, which is always good.

Sirius has to STAY

Why do ypu young folks thaink you have to change everyting? Is it because we live in a remote control socuety? I'm bored with this let's change. Never watch more than fifteem minutes of a movie or listem to more than fifteen seconds of a song on the ipod.

But if we must change, how about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhhtRxqSrys

Crank it up!!!

I AGREE WITH YOU 110%. I think a lot of younger husker fans think that the Sirus tunnel walk is boring and want to make it more teenager likeable. I remember when they changed the Sirus song to the Mikey Bo versus and the look of everybodies faces told the story. My dad whos had season tickets since 94 absolutely hated it. I didn't mind the new version but after hearing it at the 07 ISU game I didn't like it at all and the atmosphere in the stadium was just weird and awkward.

Why change something that doesn't need to be changed.....I don't get it. Tom Osborne went back and changed the tunnel walk version to Sirus for a reason and he did that because its what makes our Tunnel Walk so unique. Everytime I hear Sirus whether its at a Nebraska football game, over the radio, hearing it on my phone..............I get chills everytime.

Changing Sirus tunnel walk would be like rehiring Bill Callahan all over again :lol:

I love Sirius, and it shouldnt change.....BUT if it did it would have to be this because Lil Wayne is the man.

Wayne Newton - Danke Schoen (1963)

Wow!

Kids now days.

Listening to Little Wayne Newton?

I'm afraid to click on the link for fear of getting "Donkeysheen" embedded in me 'ead.

I remember when Sirius first came out in '82..I almost changed my major to Recording Engineering because of that album but I didn't want to move to NY (SoHo Dist).

But it has been played to death and would be extremely cheesy.

How about these (Close your ears for some of the lyrics!)

Soulhat-- Bonecrusher

5mPjfiUt8wI

M5tl2_K-d-g

I would much rather have lil wayne than that

Sirius has to STAY

Why do ypu young folks thaink you have to change everyting? Is it because we live in a remote control socuety? I'm bored with this let's change. Never watch more than fifteem minutes of a movie or listem to more than fifteen seconds of a song on the ipod...

kighOUC8Ig8&feature

I AGREE WITH YOU 110%. I think a lot of younger husker fans think that the Sirus tunnel walk is boring and want to make it more teenager likeable. I remember when they changed the Sirus song to the Mikey Bo versus and the look of everybodies faces told the story. My dad whos had season tickets since 94 absolutely hated it. I didn't mind the new version but after hearing it at the 07 ISU game I didn't like it at all and the atmosphere in the stadium was just weird and awkward.

Why change something that doesn't need to be changed.....I don't get it. Tom Osborne went back and changed the tunnel walk version to Sirus for a reason and he did that because its what makes our Tunnel Walk so unique. Everytime I hear Sirus whether its at a Nebraska football game, over the radio, hearing it on my phone..............I get chills everytime.

NOT Changing Sirus tunnel walk would be like rehiring Bill Callahan all over again :lol:

Fixed it 4ya! :box

I don't think I'm that young..

I'll be 49 in less than two weeks.panama.gif

I can't remember being so young that I liked hearing the same song more than once in a day..Maybe not since Peter, Paul, and Mary first put out "Puff the Magic Dragon"...Well..Except for the time I listened to "Bonecrusher" five times in a row...(Reminds me of the live music in Austin)..

It was funny last weekend..My Son just turned eight, Sunday and was getting frustrated that some of the songs we were listening to off of youtube weren't the same versions as what he was used to hearing on the radio.

I tried explaining to him how much fun it is hearing some of these bands live where they change up the tempo or maybe some of the lyrics because it's only natural to get bored playing them the same way all the time day after day..People even booed Hendrix for not sounding like a jukebox.

(Here, I was just thinking the need for sameness was something you eventually outgrew).

I'm guessing some of you are the same people that request "Stairway to Heaven" on the local Classic Rock radio station, even after they offer to play something you don't hear everyday like "Nobody's Fault but Mine" off Led Zeppelin's Physical Graffitti album.

The world wouldn't end if they kept playing Sirius every homegame, but there's so much more out there.

I really hope I never have to hear another song off of "Stadium Rock" (one or two) in public ever again, but if I do..No big wup..

I still say we missed the boat when we didn't play "I'm Your Boogie Man" when Chase Daniel/Missouri was in town...

..Or if you wanted to impress the cool kids...

Or this one would've made me faint..John Lee Hooker's "

"

I love Sirius, and it shouldnt change.....BUT if it did it would have to be this because Lil Wayne is the man.

Wayne Newton - Danke Schoen (1963)

Wow!

Kids now days.

Listening to Little Wayne Newton?

I'm afraid to click on the link for fear of getting "Donkeysheen" embedded in me 'ead.

I remember when Sirius first came out in '82..I almost changed my major to Recording Engineering because of that album but I didn't want to move to NY (SoHo Dist).

But it has been played to death and would be extremely cheesy.

How about these (Close your ears for some of the lyrics!)

Soulhat-- Bonecrusher

5mPjfiUt8wI

M5tl2_K-d-g

I would much rather have little wayne than that

Than Wut?

Steel Panther is a former big hair cover band, that have been coming up with some of the funniest stuff I've heard since Spike Jones and his Wacky Waikiki-ans did Hawaiian War-chant.

"Bonecrusher", is such a great toe-tapper, I've been considering getting another trap-set (Old term for drums).

Now I actually listened to that lil wayne dude, tonight..

I'd prefer the dreaded purple dinosaur..Barney?...He'd definitely get the crowd seething.

Changing Sirus tunnel walk would be like rehiring Bill Callahan all over again :lol:

:rollin:rollin:rollin:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

I'm glad somebody thought that was funny.

I'm surious changing Sirus would be taking away part of our tradition so you might as well rehire Bill Callahan to ruin some of our other traditions.............like our 297 Consecutive Sellouts among other things

:rollin:rollin:rollin:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

I'm glad somebody thought that was funny.

I'm surious changing Sirus would be taking away part of our tradition so you might as well rehire Bill Callahan to ruin some of our other traditions.............like our 297 Consecutive Sellouts among other things

Shirley, you can't be serious!

(Sorry, a fav. line from a movie that was before your time).

airplane7.jpg

When did they start playing SIRIUS at Memorial Stadium?

And how long have you been spelling it with one "i" tied behind yer back? ..j/k

Seems a little recent to be considered a tradition, but then again..I haven't been back home for a game since we lost to Washington in a (then) untraditional rare night game..

How did the sound system get so bad?

I was under the impression it had been changed two or three times since I've been back.

For those that say we need to "crank it up", I used to work ROTC security in the North stadium shortly after they installed the system. I couldn't count the number of little old ladies that would come up to me and ask me if they could turn down the music... Now, just imagine if we doubled the decibels how many times the paramedics would be climbing those stairs!!

I think they actually should put another set of speakers on the other side of the stadium. They already have to delay the video so the audio/video looks somewhat synchronized for the people in the south stadium. If we had a second set of speakers, then they could keep the current sound level the same for both sets and the place would be really rockin'!