Nebraska Captains

still dont like this. but w/e

Me neither tbh. I prefer long term captains, because then it gives the guys a permanent person to look up to.

It's very strange to think about. I mean, what if the U.S. changed Presidents and cabinet members every day?

I think the program has Natural Leaders that will be heard regardless if they are the Captain for the game. Coach Cotton even commented in the article that their voices will be heard by the team.

No "C" on the jersey is needed. :bat

GBR!

I am not a big fan of this either. I think that every team needs to have a set number of 2 or 3 guys that keep the rest in line and on pace towards the goals of the season. But I do like the aspect of guys developing leadership for the next season. I think a hybrid system with 3 set captains for the season and another spot as captain based on game to game would be successful for more voices to be heard and development of leaders.

still dont like this. but w/e

Me neither tbh. I prefer long term captains, because then it gives the guys a permanent person to look up to.

It's very strange to think about. I mean, what if the U.S. changed Presidents and cabinet members every day?

well, looking at who is leading this country right now, THAT would be a real good idea!

I like it for seveal reasons. It inspires motivation to be the best you can be every week, for the opportunity to be announced as the captain, due to your week of preperation performance.

The real leaders of the team will understand that, if they don't they are not leaders to begin with.