2009 NFL Draft

I saw in the top safety's available section that Ashlee Palmer was like the fourth best as of the second round. Is that the Ashlee Palmer that committed to NU and then didn't sign with us? That prompted me to go back and look at our 06 class. Out of our class we had three recruits decommit. Josh Freeman, Rulon Davis, and Ashlee Palmer. If the Ashlee Palmer is the one in the NFL draft then all three are going to get drafted this year, Freeman being a first rounder. I just thought it was a little odd to think that we could have had possibly 7 guys drafted this year.

Through two rounds 0 NU players, but 9 players who had competed against us this year, and 18 who have in the previous four years.

And Frank Solich had one player selected, but I don't think he recruited him.

Did any one see how many Virginia players were drafted?

I'm not saying that I wanted Freeman to come here but my point is that usually the amount of players you have drafted from your team is indicative of how much overall talent you have on your team. This year it looks like we will probably have four and with those three players we would probably have seven. I think 7 draft picks would put us near the top 5 of total players drafted. From my knowledge Virginia only had one guy drafted, Monroe but I could be wrong.

Through two rounds 0 NU players, but 9 players who had competed against us this year, and 18 who have in the previous four years.

And Frank Solich had one player selected, but I don't think he recruited him.

Did any one see how many Virginia players were drafted?

Virginia only had two player selected today

Ashlee Palmer ended up playing Outside Linebacker at Ole Miss. What a flake, signed with 2 schools, ultimately decided on Washington, failed to qualify, sat for a season, went to Ole Miss. Freeman is not mentally tough and is going to be a bust. I feel bad for Bucanneers fans for them wasting a first round pick on him.

Ashlee Palmer ended up playing Outside Linebacker at Ole Miss. What a flake, signed with 2 schools, ultimately decided on Washington, failed to qualify, sat for a season, went to Ole Miss. Freeman is not mentally tough and is going to be a bust. I feel bad for Bucanneers fans for them wasting a first round pick on him.

Freeman played for a bad coach and a bad team! His talent is unquestionable! He would have started in front of Ganz and the other QBs at NU the last 3 years! He also beat UT twice on a bad team, what was NU's record vs UT the last 3 times they played?

I'm not saying that I wanted Freeman to come here but my point is that usually the amount of players you have drafted from your team is indicative of how much overall talent you have on your team. This year it looks like we will probably have four and with those three players we would probably have seven. I think 7 draft picks would put us near the top 5 of total players drafted. From my knowledge Virginia only had one guy drafted, Monroe but I could be wrong.

I'm not so sure about 4 drafted this year, kind of looks like a lot of UFA action to me, I hope I'm wrong.

Keep in mind that NFL teams, like good college teams are mostly made up of non 1st and 2nd round picks.

In TO's tenure, we consistently had 5-7 picks but very rearely would you see 2 first rounders in the same draft.

Freeman played for a bad coach and a bad team! His talent is unquestionable! He would have started in front of Ganz and the other QBs at NU the last 3 years! He also beat UT twice on a bad team, what was NU's record vs UT the last 3 times they played?

What was his record against Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska? That's right, 0-9. His talent is unquestionable, but he has no heart, and is not mentally tough. He gave up on his team in the NU-KSU game this year and was benched in favor of his back up. He may have started in front of Ganz because of physical tools, but he was nowhere near as tough. Mark it down, he is going to be a bust.

Freeman is not tough enough to play in the NFL....maybe he just gave up at KSU and knew he was going to make it and did not want to get hurt. I could see him and his daddy coming up with that plan. I don't see him making any type of impact and will turn into next biggest bust.

That is said about QBs for teams that have no talent, because they get sacked and beat up! Beating UT or OU says far more than EVER beating any Big 12 north team, until they RAISE their level of play/TALENT!

Freeman is not tough enough to play in the NFL....maybe he just gave up at KSU and knew he was going to make it and did not want to get hurt. I could see him and his daddy coming up with that plan. I don't see him making any type of impact and will turn into next biggest bust.

That is said about QBs for teams that have no talent, because they get sacked and beat up! Beating UT or OU says far more than EVER beating any Big 12 north team, until they RAISE their level of play/TALENT!

So it is more impressive to pull off upsets than to be competitive in your own league?

Okay, I get it..... :wtf

How does that say more? He's 2-9 against Texas, Nebraska, Missouri and Kansas. Beating a team you shouldn't and losing to teams you should be on a level playing field with shows a lack of focus and mental toughness, period.

So it is more impressive to pull off upsets than to be competitive in your own league?

Okay, I get it..... :wtf

2 years in a row, and on the ROAD, when the OTHER team was talking about REVENGE and saying their SOFT QB was knocked out to excuse the loss. They ended up losing at home by 3 TDs!