Year 2 MNC! Can the Huskers do it?

to answer the original question......

yes and only if NU is the only undefeated team at the end of the season. if Florida is undefeated and USC has only one loss, then NU doesnt even play in the NC game.

NU will start off the season not ranked in the Top 25, and will have a lot of ground to make up by the end of the year. NU will not start the season ranked very high until it can prove they are consistant winners again

yes and only if NU is the only undefeated team at the end of the season. if Florida is undefeated and USC has only one loss, then NU doesnt even play in the NC game.

NU will start off the season not ranked in the Top 25, and will have a lot of ground to make up by the end of the year. NU will not start the season ranked very high until it can prove they are consistant winners again

Well, USC only had one loss last year and still got juked out of the NC game, so it's possible they may not make it if they have one loss.

Well, USC only had one loss last year and still got juked out of the NC game, so it's possible they may not make it if they have one loss.

THERE IS NOT ONE GAME ON OUR SCHEDULE THAT I WOULD CONCEED PRIOR TO PLAYING. I'm pretty sure Bo feels the same way, and hopefully the entire team shares that mindset. So, to answer the question, YES, it can happen! GO BIG RED!!

Pelini's decision to roll the dice and redshirt all those players last year is going to begin paying dividends this year.......I look for very good things this year, but in 2010 the rest of the country had better watch out.

:corndance

:yeah That is about the most accurate statement that I have read on this board in a long time about the up-coming season.

VICTORY at Va Tech could be the vault!

I regret I've never attended a NU game in Lincoln, but having seen many VT games at Lane Stadium at Virginia Tech, I can say that it's a pretty tough place for a visitor to play.

Well prior to the idiotic regime of our former coaching staff one could argue that Lincoln was one of the toughest places for an opponent to come in and win.

:facepalm:

I regret I've never attended a NU game in Lincoln, but having seen many VT games at Lane Stadium at Virginia Tech, I can say that it's a pretty tough place for a visitor to play.

Well prior to the idiotic regime of our former coaching staff one could argue that Lincoln was one of the toughest places for an opponent to come in and win.

While this is true, Callahan losing a lot in Lincoln really doesn't make it any easier for us to win in Blacksburg, does it?

WOW. Is this thread a joke? Short answer-NO. You've gotta be kidding me! :laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

year 2007: will KU win a BCS bowl this year? Short answer-NO. You've gotta be kidding me! *oooops*

Point being, you don't know what can happen.. Granted, we actually play an opponent that would be considered "difficult".. Do I think it happens? No. Is it POSSIBLE. Yes.

I can't wait for the season. COME SEPTEMBER!! :bonez:bonez

While this is true, Callahan losing a lot in Lincoln really doesn't make it any easier for us to win in Blacksburg, does it?

No. But, Nebraska will be much improved versus the '08 squad, in all phases of the game, and they'll have a better shot at winning than any other Husker team in since 2001 at least.

No we cant do it.We dont have near the talent or speed across the board that those teams did.Our talent has been very over rated AND underveloped.Those days are gone now.The guys we get now will be coached up and developed to their fullest.That said we dont have the speed talent across the board as Florida,OU or OSU did in their second years.

IMHO anything close to what we did last year would be great.I think other than QB which is a huge spot we will be better all over.Especially on defense.If Lee can be anywhere close to as effective as Ganz was we will be a pretty good team.We could have a better team this year and a worse record though.VT,KU,MU,and CU all on the road as well as OU.Throw in TT and the schedule will much more difficult than last year.Id take 9-4 and be very happy this year.That said by seasons end I EXPECT us to be as good if not BETTER than ANY team in the Big 12 North(we was the best team last year at seasons end).Hopefully Lees inexperience doesnt cost us a game early.If it doesnt I think we have a chance to be a 9 maybe even 10 win team.But National Championship is a HUGE REACH.