Year 2 MNC! Can the Huskers do it?

I see that Nebraska is 100 to 1 to win the National Championship next year. I think that is pretty fair.

That said.. Miracles happen! GO BIG RED! I'll be rooting for them to win it in 2009 just like any good fan should. 100 to 1 shots sometimes prove everybody wrong and win it anyways! I remember people saying that USC, OU and Ohio St. were one year away. Maybe that could be us, it's definitely worth hoping for.

That said.. People should not overreact if we do, in fact, lose 3 or more games. We'll get there eventually!

WOW. Is this thread a joke? Short answer-NO. You've gotta be kidding me! :laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

year 2007: will KU win a BCS bowl this year? Short answer-NO. You've gotta be kidding me! *oooops*

Point being, you don't know what can happen.. Granted, we actually play an opponent that would be considered "difficult".. Do I think it happens? No. Is it POSSIBLE. Yes.

We have a ways to go. We have been clearly out-athleted for a while now. Remember back to the Alamo when we played Michigan....they had better athletes and we won, but it was a really tough win. Clemson last year seemed to have better athletes and we hung on and eeked it out. Now the reality, on a national scale, Clemson of last year and Michigan of a few years ago were not players for the title. Anything is possible, but we would have to beat teams that are better than us athlete vs. athlete. That's tough to do when you would have to do it four or five times in one year.

Athelitism is a bit more subjective than it seems. OU, TX, FLA sure looked alot more athelic than us last year. To be fair though, we looked a heck of alot more atheltic than we did the previous year with the same guys. Granted, conditioning has something to do with it but what makes 1 guy who runs a 4.4 look faster than the next guy who runs a 4.4 is knowing where the hell he's going. I don't care how fast, stong, or agile you are, if you don't know what you're doing out on the feild, you're going to look foolish (see 2007).

I won't dismiss it entirely, but the chances are very slim.

Sure, you can find exceptions to the rule. You can find examples of where there was a starting QB put into place and the team won a MNC, but they are just that: exceptions.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here people. The Huskers haven't actually DONE anything impressive yet as a team. Sure, they beat an average Clemson team and seemed to finish the season strong, but let us not forget that the 2009 team is a different team.

So, we have potential to be very good in 2009, but we also had "potential" to be very good in 2007 too. Let's just watch at least the first game and see what happens. We should be able to gauge pretty good from that how the year will go. Granted, it's not against a great team. But last year, it was quite obvious we were going to struggle when we didn't look too smooth against Western Michigan.

not likely... but you never know. but id would say it would be like a 1% chance. we would need a lot of things to happen to several teams.... lots of injuries. but I dont think the big 12 will be that strong next year and if we could somehow slip into the conference title game and win....

like I said its a slim chance.

WOW. Is this thread a joke? Short answer-NO. You've gotta be kidding me! :laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

as I have said its an extreme long shot, but at the same time I think it needs to be said that we do have a young improving defense with a very dominant game changing type player in suh, and our offense while VERY inexperienced and raw is talented. from our line to WR to RB... lots of good athletes. and if zack lee can live up to his talent we are going to be very tough.... we haven't seen many QB's with that type of talent around here. we are talking about a serious case of all of the stars aligning, but you have to realize there is at least a very slim chance. like I said I would put it at 1%

It seems to me that teams have windows of oppotunity, when pieces fall into place. Schedules, personnel and opponant strenth all line up. IMHO this would have been the case had NU stayed the corse in 2005. I see the stars aligning for 2010.

1> QB Lee a sr with experience and 2-3 relible backups

2 >2 stud sr running backs and 2-3 reliable backups

3> WR this is the area in greatest need of a real breakthrough but with

2 years in, think we'll see some of these young guys come through

4> TE we are going to be very strong here and Watson knows how to use

these guys

5> Oline tons of senior experience, depth and time in system

6> Defense=Pellini Brothers, nuff said.

7> KU losses tons of talent and the game is in Lincoln, so unless CU improves or MU bounces back fast, it will be a good time to be a Husker...