Lucky not drafted

I kindof had a feeling that this would happen once the 6th round was done. Looks like he should've left after his junior year after all. I feel bad right now for Lucky but just because he didn't get Drafted doesn't mean his NFL dreams are over. :box

I kindof had a feeling that this would happen once the 6th round was done. Looks like he should've left after his junior year after all. I feel bad right now for Lucky but just because he didn't get Drafted doesn't mean his NFL dreams are over. :box

Many of us predicted this long ago. Marlon is a kid anyone who is a Husker fan can say that they were glad to have part of the program. As far as we can tell he is a fine kid and he gave what he had to the program. He was a very solid college player.

As for pro aspirations, as I (and a few others) have said, he is not an NFL RB. But.... a wise team might make him into a slot receiver and perhaps he could contribute in the NFL. If I were his agent I would have had him enter the combines as a receiver and move in that direction --- it would give him the best chances.

Best of luck Marlon --- glad you were a Husker.

Lucky was a victim of timing, last years draft was very solid at RB and many felt he wouldn't get picked until the late rounds. Part of the reason,therefore, to come back was to increase draft stock. Unfortunately theis also soincideded with a change in offensive philosiphy and the emergence of 2 backs better suited to the new scheme. Also, injuries played a part, so Lucky was really a victim of bad luck.

The down side of this is it may provide a template for future players thinking about leaving early. If their stock is up after their Junior year: "Hey man, if you are thinking about going you better do it because look what happened to Lucky".

True, but some of what happened to Lucky is his own doing this year. Injuries did hold him back, but the coaches said that he wasn't practicing like they wanted him too.

Plus I think history is still on the side of guys who stay for their senior season. Especially for QB's, as more likely than not the ones that stay for their senior season are often much better pro quarterbacks.