Freshman at QB?

BigWillie, you have mentioned Greens mechanics before. What do you see that is wrong with his mechanics? I don't know squat about that kind of thing, but I thought his passes looked pretty good.

Take a look at THIS THREAD. Willie has at least a couple of posts (and as I recall, a video link) in which he breaks down Cody's mechanics. Pretty interesting read.

That was interesting, thanks for the link. BigWillie really know his stuff. He sounds like he is a QB coach.

Let me say this about that. Anything can happen.

As I'm sure hokieluv will agree. Tyrod Taylor has been attempted to be redshirted twice now. He was never meant to start as soon as he did. But Marcus Vick had problems and had to leave school, then Glennon got hurt.

Whatca gonna do?

I agree Green should redshirt. But yaknow what? The fact that so many people feel sure he could start is very very encouraging.

Our future is so bright we gotta wear shades!!

I wouldn;t be shocked if Green plays in Blacksburg on September 19. If the Huskers could be a better football team in '09 with Green under center I think Bo would be as quick to remove his redshirt as Beamer was with Tyrod in '08. I'm no expert with respect to your team, but Green is probably a more talented QB than Lee by a mile.

Haha, I probably opened a can of worms now, didn't I Huskers?

yeah, because you are really basing that on nothing.

It's nice having you on the board as a Hokies fan, but your "probably" statement is just baffling...doesn't work even if you go by star ratings. Lee was the #1 JUCO QB a couple years back.

I still favor the Ebke angle. If the staff wishes to preserve redshirts for Green, LTW, and Martinez, that just leaves an injured Spano and well, nobody. Kellogg is a option but why burn his RS ahead of anyone else's.

Keep in mind that Mop up duty is only one function of a back up, you need several live arms and guys with knowledge of the system in order to get practice reps for your offense. My understanding is that the scout team generally operates the upcoming opponants offense in order to prepare the defense, which isn't quite the same goal.

As I'm sure hokieluv will agree. Tyrod Taylor has been attempted to be redshirted twice now. He was never meant to start as soon as he did. But Marcus Vick had problems and had to leave school, then Glennon got hurt.

Whatca gonna do?

I agree Green should redshirt. But yaknow what? The fact that so many people feel sure he could start is very very encouraging.

I wouldn;t be shocked if Green plays in Blacksburg on September 19. If the Huskers could be a better football team in '09 with Green under center I think Bo would be as quick to remove his redshirt as Beamer was with Tyrod in '08. I'm no expert with respect to your team, but Green is probably a more talented QB than Lee by a mile.

Then you severely underestimate how good Zac Lee is.

I will say, will absolute no hesitation, Zac Lee is one of the better athletes on our team. People think just because he is a white kid that he cannot be that athletic, but Zac is one of those kids who will absolutely shock you with how good of an athlete he is. While Cody is a big kid that can run, he doesn't have the wheels that Zac Lee does.

Zac's problem has never been physical. Kid has a gun and can run with almost anyone. His biggest problem has always been the mental aspect of the game. He will make a pass that is absolutely beautiful on one play, then follow it up with a pass that is equally as boneheaded. But so far this spring, he has cut down on those plays.

I think alot of people, including Husker fans, are gonna be shocked the first time Lee gets in the open field off a zone read play or scramble and can watch this kid run.

Whatca gonna do?

I will say, will absolute no hesitation, Zac Lee is one of the better athletes on our team. People think just because he is a white kid that he cannot be that athletic, but Zac is one of those kids who will absolutely shock you with how good of an athlete he is. While Cody is a big kid that can run, he doesn't have the wheels that Zac Lee does.

Zac's problem has never been physical. Kid has a gun and can run with almost anyone. His biggest problem has always been the mental aspect of the game. He will make a pass that is absolutely beautiful on one play, then follow it up with a pass that is equally as boneheaded. But so far this spring, he has cut down on those plays.

I think alot of people, including Husker fans, are gonna be shocked the first time Lee gets in the open field off a zone read play or scramble and can watch this kid run.

That was one of Ganz's early shortfalls. Hopefully Lee can improve also.

I am also a big fan of Lee and think people are severly underestimating him and his abilities. That being said, I will be waiting to see if he can translate all of this into actual games (i.e., when it really counts).

See: Zac Robinson...except Lee doesn't go tanning as much as Robinson.

yeah, because you are really basing that on nothing.

It's nice having you on the board as a Hokies fan, but your "probably" statement is just baffling...doesn't work even if you go by star ratings. Lee was the #1 JUCO QB a couple years back.

Haha. I was just pulling yall's leg. I just want summer to go by FAST!

On a more serious note: I love playing non-conference teams as we always know less about their rosters. Checking in on this board on an almost daily basis is great as I get to know the Nebraska team a little better. Of all the non-Hokie boards this is probably my favorite, but possibly also the least hostile.