Freshman at QB?

what do you think the chances would be for Cody Green at Starting quarterback? i was watching his film and he reminded me a lot of Terrell Pryor. I think this might be our first quarterback to go out on the first day of the draft i feel that he is that good and we will soon see.

I agree. I don't know if he can start this year but I do think he will be a 1st day pick in the draft. If Freeman can do it anyone can

Frazier couldn't do it.

Not likely, Lee and Washington are ahead of him IMO. After watching him in the spring game, I thought it was pretty obvious he hasn't adjusted to the speed of DI football quite yet, and our offense isn't easy to learn by any means.

Tough to say how much he progresses in fall camp and the first few games though. If we make it half way through the season you better believe that Bo will do whatever he can to keep the RS on him.

Not likely, Lee and Washington are ahead of him IMO. After watching him in the spring game, I thought it was pretty obvious he hasn't adjusted to the speed of DI football quite yet, and our offense isn't easy to learn by any means.

Tough to say how much he progresses in fall camp and the first few games though. If we make it half way through the season you better believe that Bo will do whatever he can to keep the RS on him.

You will see what you have when they play REAL games! He could progress big time over the summer, since he will know the system, Spano will be out with injury, and since Lee is most athletic starter in a while, they will run more option and zone read type plays, so he might get injured, who knows, then it would come down to Green or Washington and we have not seen enough in a GAME to know what we have. The OL has to evolve and play at a level that can grind out 200 rushing yards and 200-250 passing each game. A dominant running game will aid the defense and basically lock down the north title since no north team plays any defense and last year the same applied to the south teams. A running game that can impose it's will would go a along way towards 10 or more wins!

what do you think the chances would be for Cody Green at Starting quarterback? i was watching his film and he reminded me a lot of Terrell Pryor. I think this might be our first quarterback to go out on the first day of the draft i feel that he is that good and we will soon see.

I think he should make his collegiate start on September 19, possibly throwing with his non-dominant hand!

I think he should make his collegiate start on September 19, possibly throwing with his non-dominant hand!

:rollin

Well played!

:laughpound Thank you Hokieluv, I needed a really good laugh.

Eh, if I was basing my decision on the Spring Game and the small amount of clips I have seen of practice, Zac Lee would definitely be my pick.

It's quite obvious that Lee knows the offense pretty good...judging by the way he went through his progressions. Add to this a strong arm and the ability to run, and he has a ton of potential as our QB, he just has to bring it all together in real game situations.

I thought there was no way he could even sniff the field this year, until I talked to a couple grad assistants.

In talking to them, I could tell they were holding back their real thoughts, but they were very very high on cody green.

Wouldn't suprise me if he is the starting qb at the end of the year.

And what were those thoughts Mr. Mind Reader?

I don't care how good he's projected to be. From what we saw at the spring game there's not a chance he starts unless we see injuries to Lee and Washington, and Spano doesn't recover at all. Then he'll be forced to play.

Eh, if I was basing my decision on the Spring Game and the small amount of clips I have seen of practice, Zac Lee would definitely be my pick.

It's quite obvious that Lee knows the offense pretty good...judging by the way he went through his progressions. Add to this a strong arm and the ability to run, and he has a ton of potential as our QB, he just has to bring it all together in real game situations.

:yeah

Once Cody Green is done turning water into wine and turning one hotdog into 85,000 hotdogs so everyone in the stadium can eat, he will then strap on his helmet and put up crazy stats that even a playstation football player wouldn't be able to do.

He was ready to start when he was in his Mother's womb.

He will lead us to a 28 and O record in his first season and will battle Tim Tebow for savior supremacy.

Once Cody Green is doing turning water into wine and turning one hotdog into 85,000 hotdogs so everyone in the stadium can eat, he will then strap on his helmet and put up crazy stats that even a playstation football player wouldn't be able to do.

He will lead us to a 28 and O record in his first season and will battle Tim Tebow for savior supremacy.

I would prefer if he would turn water into Beer for me, but I will settle for wine if that is the absolute best he can do. Will leave me disappointed though, I mean that is sooooooo 2000 years ago!

Once Cody Green is doing turning water into wine and turning one hotdog into 85,000 hotdogs so everyone in the stadium can eat, he will then strap on his helmet and put up crazy stats that even a playstation football player wouldn't be able to do.

I would prefer if he would turn water into Beer for me, but I will settle for wine if that is the absolute best he can do. Will leave me disappointed though, I mean that is sooooooo 2000 years ago!

:lol:

It's gonna be a tough situation if Spano cannot come back, which I am completely skeptical of.

Sooner or later we are gonna have that blowout game and we cannot expect Lee to stay in the entire game, so what will we do? Keep Lee in while just handing the ball off? Burn a RS year for LaTravis or Cody?

Having Witt show his true colors and Spano's injury really screwed us over at the QB position and we have little wiggle room.

Cody showed this spring why his mechanics still need alot of work and why he needs a RS year. Even LaTravis, with years from the position, has better mechanics than Cody does right now.

Watson is in love with LaTravis and thinks he can be a legitimate option for us at QB. If LaTravis had been a QB all along, we could have really had something with him. And that's not just based off of his spring game performance either.

Then there is Taylor Martinez. I know people think we promised him QB all along, but not until Spano's injury was this even discussed with him. Taylor pushed for it, but we never really entertained the idea until Spano went down. So does Taylor become the scrub duty QB? Well, possibly, if Taylor is willing to waste his career. If Taylor legitimately wants to become a collegiate level QB, he would need more work than Cody would when it comes to his mechanics.

JMO, but I'd throw Jim Ebke or Ron Kellogg out there before I'd waste a year from any of those guys. All of them need their development and to waste a year for any of them would royally suck.

But I guess we should all hope Spano gets healthy sooner rather than later so we don't have to worry about that.

It's gonna be a tough situation if Spano cannot come back, which I am completely skeptical of.

Sooner or later we are gonna have that blowout game and we cannot expect Lee to stay in the entire game, so what will we do? Keep Lee in while just handing the ball off? Burn a RS year for LaTravis or Cody?

Having Witt show his true colors and Spano's injury really screwed us over at the QB position and we have little wiggle room.

Cody showed this spring why his mechanics still need alot of work and why he needs a RS year. Even LaTravis, with years from the position, has better mechanics than Cody does right now.

Watson is in love with LaTravis and thinks he can be a legitimate option for us at QB. If LaTravis had been a QB all along, we could have really had something with him. And that's not just based off of his spring game performance either.

Then there is Taylor Martinez. I know people think we promised him QB all along, but not until Spano's injury was this even discussed with him. Taylor pushed for it, but we never really entertained the idea until Spano went down. So does Taylor become the scrub duty QB? Well, possibly, if Taylor is willing to waste his career. If Taylor legitimately wants to become a collegiate level QB, he would need more work than Cody would when it comes to his mechanics.

JMO, but I'd throw Jim Ebke or Ron Kellogg out there before I'd waste a year from any of those guys. All of them need their development and to waste a year for any of them would royally suck.

But I guess we should all hope Spano gets healthy sooner rather than later so we don't have to worry about that.

Agree with most of this.

I am still not convinced that we would be hesitant to put in Latravis this year though. I honestly think he is going to be #2 either way. Kellogg did well at our QB camp which is encouraging but he will be way behind in the offense and adjusting to game speed...

Our best option might be getting Ebke back there for a #3 option to preserve a rs for Cody IMO.

BW - out of curiousity, what do you think the plan is with LT Washington? do you think they want to RS him to compete for the starting position next year and take over once Lee is gone? giving Green 2 years to potentially start?