Freshman at QB?

what do you think the chances would be for Cody Green at Starting quarterback? i was watching his film and he reminded me a lot of Terrell Pryor. I think this might be our first quarterback to go out on the first day of the draft i feel that he is that good and we will soon see.

There are a couple of threads about Green floating around on here, so if you can find one of those (probably on the first couple of pages) you'll see what a lot of the posters on here think about him.

Personally, and I think this sums up the majority of the opinions on this board, the chances of Green playing are unlikely. STARTING, literally impossible. Lee has an advantage over Green in almost every aspect as of right now, and that most likely won't change any time soon. Green needs to learn the playbook and preserve his redshirt so that we can use him for four full years of playing time, instead of wasting a year with him playing back up to Lee.

It's also very possible that Washington is named the 2nd string guy, considering he had a very good spring.

what do you think the chances would be for Cody Green at Starting quarterback? i was watching his film and he reminded me a lot of Terrell Pryor. I think this might be our first quarterback to go out on the first day of the draft i feel that he is that good and we will soon see.

First post? Sock?

Seems like a fishing question. :dumdum

If you're new to the board, welcome.

We've chatted about this before. Short answer: Hell no. Green has basically zero chance of starting. He needs a redshirt. The fact that he was here for an extra spring ball/winter conditioning was useful, but it doesn't change the fact that he's got to develop to play at this level. If he sees the field for significant time this season, chances are something disastrous has happened to Lee.

If you're new to the board, welcome.

We've chatted about this before. Short answer: Hell no. Green has basically zero chance of starting. He needs a redshirt. The fact that he was here for an extra spring ball/winter conditioning was useful, but it doesn't change the fact that he's got to develop to play at this level. If he sees the field for significant time this season, chances are something disastrous has happened to Lee.

Yep that sums it up. I think before the Spring Game you saw a lot of fans clamoring for him to start as he is considered by many then next coming of Tommie. However the Spring Game showed that Lee is by far and away the BEST option at QB for NU. In fact, Lee has a chance to be pretty special for NU. Green showed well, but it was obvious he has a lot of development to do in the system.

I hear a lot of people that were very impressed by Green in spring game. I only saw the replays and highlights but he looked to me like a very talented but very raw 17 year old freshman. Could he play? yeah. Should he play? Unless Lee is injured and Spano or Washingon aren't up to it, Hells no.

I agree. I don't know if he can start this year but I do think he will be a 1st day pick in the draft. If Freeman can do it anyone can

I thought there was no way he could even sniff the field this year, until I talked to a couple grad assistants.

In talking to them, I could tell they were holding back their real thoughts, but they were very very high on cody green.

Wouldn't suprise me if he is the starting qb at the end of the year.