SIGNED RB Aaron Green

Rivals article on him on orangebloods titled "Reason for Fear?"

It was a mailbag question. Apparently he gave a hasty one word answer about Aaron Green that must have confused a bunch of people. I didn't look too far into it.

He said Green had to make the choice of "play with your Texas boys in front of your friends and family" or "play thousands of miles away"

Apparently Texas is picking up speed with him due to Nebraska moving to the big10. His last point was that Aaron wouldn't even be considering Nebraska if Andrew wasn't there.

It was a mailbag question. Apparently he gave a hasty one word answer about Aaron Green that must have confused a bunch of people. I didn't look too far into it.

He said Green had to make the choice of "play with your Texas boys in front of your friends and family" or "play thousands of miles away"

Apparently Texas is picking up speed with him due to Nebraska moving to the big10. His last point was that Aaron wouldn't even be considering Nebraska if Andrew wasn't there.

This was a mailbag response? It sounds like pure speculation, which I guess mailbag responses usually are.

That's UT's fault for not recruiting Andrew when they could have. They knew of Aaron when he was a Sophomore while Andrew was a Senior.

That's UT's fault for not recruiting Andrew when they could have. They knew of Aaron when he was a Sophomore while Andrew was a Senior.

Yeah, I think he was saying more in the sense that that's the only reason he's considering Nebraska, when it boils down to it other factors might override that.

Uh oh this was what I was afraid of.

Can anyone clarify this though?

Yeah, I think he was saying more in the sense that that's the only reason he's considering Nebraska, when it boils down to it other factors might override that.

Yeah I'm not gonna read too much into this until Green actually does come out and say that he doesn't approve of the switch to the Big 10, which he probably won't. And besides Texas doesn't know about the relationship our coaches have with Aaron.

Uh oh this was what I was afraid of.

Can anyone clarify this though?

Sorry if my translation isn't clear. :hmmph But any more and I'll basically be copying and pasting...

How much speed could a school possibly pick up after not contacting a prospect for about 6 weeks? I think this is a very Texas-biased article. We will see what Aaron has to say this fall.

John Talman picked Aaron to NU for multiple reasons. Not just the fact that "Texas boys go to UT." Which is basically the main premise behind his article from what you guys are telling me.

Andrew and Aaron's parents have to come up to NU to see Andrew anyway, with that said the "1000 miles away from home" card is trumped. I dont know about you guys but the last time I went to Dallas and San Antonio it wasnt a 1000 mile drive. Maybe the guy was talking about playing Penn State and other schools like that. But Lincoln is not 1000 miles away from San Antonio.

Ron Brown and the several other coaches we have working Aaron are doing their job in this case. He is the number one priority as of now. The UT coaches are dropping the ball in a major way with this one.

• Fire 1

How much speed could a school possibly pick up after not contacting a prospect for about 6 weeks? I think this is a very Texas-biased article. We will see what Aaron has to say this fall.

John Talman picked Aaron to NU for multiple reasons. Not just the fact that "Texas boys go to UT." Which is basically the main premise behind his article from what you guys are telling me.

Andrew and Aaron's parents have to come up to NU to see Andrew anyway, with that said the "1000 miles away from home" card is trumped. I dont know about you guys but the last time I went to Dallas and San Antonio it wasnt a 1000 mile drive. Maybe the guy was talking about playing Penn State and other schools like that. But Lincoln is not 1000 miles away from San Antonio.

Ron Brown and the several other coaches we have working Aaron are doing their job in this case. He is the number one priority as of now. The UT coaches are dropping the ball in a major way with this one.

I never want to think badly about another school's fans, but gosh damn, the Texas orange-aid about Aaron Green has always been extremely arrogant and over the top.

I never want to think badly about another school's fans, but gosh damn, the Texas orange-aid about Aaron Green has always been extremely arrogant and over the top.

Basically if they dont get him it will be because "they didnt want him."

Basically if they dont get him it will be because "they didnt want him."

Sounds like they're being proactive in conceding him to us. It'll sting if they do lose him to us, but they're not going to admit it.

Playing the Big Ten card against us shows some insecurity on their part too, imo.