SIGNED RB Aaron Green

How could Texas be moving fast without talking to Aaron? If Aaron had told this TEXAS writer that UT was picking up steam with him then I might be worried. But the fact is that this goofball throws out some ridiculous speculation about a kid that actually told John Talman that Texas hasnt talked to him in over a month. Hes a husker.

Now that Green has downsized his favorites to Nebraska, California, Florida State, and Texas, like many others I believe in the end we have the best shot. Not to sound redundant but from all accounts he has a great relationship with the coaches and he has the possibility of playing with his brother. Travel for his family to watch Andrew play in Nebraska and Aaron at some other college would probably prove to be too expense for his family. Geographically, Nebraska is fairly close to home and it appears Texas may be on Malcom Brown now as reportedly they have not contacted Aaron for several weeks(?) Now that it seems Aaron is growing fatigued with the whole recruiting process I think he's ours to lose. The one variable is that with these high school recruits is sometimes you just never know. Sometimes "conventional wisdom" fails as it has in the past. I just hope it doesn't fail in this case!

Now that Green has downsized his favorites to Nebraska, California, Florida State, and Texas, like many others I believe in the end we have the best shot. Not to sound redundant but from all accounts he has a great relationship with the coaches and he has the possibility of playing with his brother. Travel for his family to watch Andrew play in Nebraska and Aaron at some other college would probably prove to be too expense for his family. Geographically, Nebraska is fairly close to home and it appears Texas may be on Malcom Brown now as reportedly they have not contacted Aaron for several weeks(?) Now that it seems Aaron is growing fatigued with the whole recruiting process I think he's ours to lose. The one variable is that with these high school recruits is sometimes you just never know. Sometimes "conventional wisdom" fails as it has in the past. I just hope it doesn't fail in this case!

Nice work on the cliffnotes version of the last 4 pages of this thread! lol.

Does anyone know if he has even seen FSU or Cal yet? It seems a a little strange that he would have them among his favorites if he hasn't seen them yet...tho it wouldn't be the first time. You usually don't see that with high profile guys like Aaron :dunno

Does anyone know if he has even seen FSU or Cal yet? It seems a a little strange that he would have them among his favorites if he hasn't seen them yet...tho it wouldn't be the first time. You usually don't see that with high profile guys like Aaron :dunno

Not yet, but he plans to visit Cal and FSU before he commits... likely before September.

Cal and FSU definitely worry me. I don't really know why but I can see him suddenly wanting to follow his own path to Cal or FSU. I mean, when he visits them, he is probably isn't going to see much he doesn't like (besides the seemingly obvious fact that their programs are not in the same spot as ours). I'm not really basing this on anything I am just very skeptical of our ability to land top offensive talent. Or top talent at all for that matter. Hopefully he sees how awesome it would be to play side by side with his brother, on a team going places, with great coaches who have the right attitudes.

I'm glad EZ is here to keep me reassured :)

Dont read into any Texas propaganda that you might see posted all over their stupid sites. Aaron is really high on NU and is considering us for A LOT of reasons. Not just because we have Andrew; granted Andrew might have helped our chances tenfold and been the reason he considered us in the first place, but he has a lot more reasons than just that to come to NU.

You will never see John Talman or Sean Callahan write such an uneducated article as the ones written on OB. Especially the ones pertaining to Aaron Green. They are far behind and they know it.

Texas is behind in a huge way with Aaron. Bama has made up a lot of ground on Texas in the Malcolm Brown sweepstakes. It wouldnt surprize me to see Brown go to Bama. Then UT is left without a single one of their top 4 running backs out of the state.

I'm glad EZ is here to keep me reassured :)

Dont read into any Texas propaganda that you might see posted all over their stupid sites. Aaron is really high on NU and is considering us for A LOT of reasons. Not just because we have Andrew; granted Andrew might have helped our chances tenfold and been the reason he considered us in the first place, but he has a lot more reasons than just that to come to NU.

You will never see John Talman or Sean Callahan write such an uneducated article as the ones written on OB. Especially the ones pertaining to Aaron Green. They are far behind and they know it.

Texas is behind in a huge way with Aaron. Bama has made up a lot of ground on Texas in the Malcolm Brown sweepstakes. It wouldnt surprize me to see Brown go to Bama. Then UT is left without a single one of their top 4 running backs out of the state.

And that! Would be awesome!

Anyone a little worried about Cal or FSU? Cal is nice. FSU is a storied program. It would be crazy if he picked one of those two. That would be a real M. Night Shyamalan twist.

Not one bit, those two schools havnt been on him like we have. Since he was 15 we have had Ron Brown and Tim Beck pushing for him.