SIGNED RB Aaron Green

It really sounded like he's leaning Texas, but it could have just been the questions they asked

We can take the article anywhere we want but the fact is... we don't know what Aaron is thinking or where he is leaning. He has done a great job saying positive things about all 4 of his top schools... He really could pick any one of the four and surprise a lot of people. I hope he is N when all is said and done, but until he announces we will just have to keep waiting. My opinion is that Cal and Florida State are only in it because they have shown him a lot of love. He hasn't visited either school and yet has said he is planning on making a decision before season... my opinion is that the reason Cal and Florida State are in the top four is because they have gone after him hard, have shown him a lot of repsect and time, been honest with him, and he wants to in turn respect them by giving them their fair shot to the end. This kid is a good kid, a mature kid, comes from a good family and has a lot of character, so he's going to look into everything and really make a choice he feels best suits his life during and after football. I think when it comes down to it, he'll pick the school that he feels is right for him... my guess is that it will be Texas or Nebraska due to Texas's proximity and his desire to live in the state after school, and Nebraska due to his familiarity and comfort-ability with the program, coaches, and players he has met through his visits and his brother. As for which of the four he chooses... we'll wait and see.

It really sounded like he's leaning Texas, but it could have just been the questions they asked

Well it was conducted by Longhorn Digest, so it's naturally going to have a Texas slant to it. It's no different with both Nebraska sites (Scout & Rivals). I remember following Owa's recruitment up until signing day. Whenever HI and BRR conducted an interview with Owa those last couple of weeks, it was presented in such a way that he couldn't possibly go anywhere else but NU. We all know how that turned out.

Point blank, until a kid flat out admits that he has an exclusive favorite, then it's just another article. Each site will put their own bias into the questions in order to make it look like they're in the lead for his services. These writers are in the business to sell subscriptions, so it makes sense to frame it that way.

Either way, I'm not worried. I haven't been worried about Aaron's recruitment because whether he makes it here or not, we're still Nebraska. We'll find a way to be competitive with or without him.

BTW, thanks for all the Scout updates. Much appreciated. +1 :thumbs

I can't paste the article because it is ESPN Insider, but Green has narrowed his list down to his top 4 schools (as of 6/25), in no particular order.

They are:

1. bigredn.png

2. Texass

3. Cal

4. FSU

I don't know that much about (FSU) but they are showing me lots of love. Texas, they always win and have strong tradition. Nebraska, I really like the staff and I think they are an up and coming school. Cal I like the offense they run there.

I don't think that is anything new, but it is a new article on ESPN from NoleInsider.com

So with all of this speculation goig on do we get Aaron? everybody else?

In my opinion: Yes

60% NU

30% texas

5% FSU

5% CAL

Malcolm Brown to Texas should swing him to NU.

I don't see him sharing carries with Brown. Feature back at NU is better than sharing carries with the best back in the country at UT. Need to see where Brown decides to go.

Brown and Green play each other on ESPN to kick off the texas high school season on ESPN. A lot of hype and maybe a decision by one of them shortly after that game.

Just guessing but that is how this should play out. Hopefully all their visits will be done by then too.