SIGNED RB Aaron Green

The only bad thing about changing conferences is if Aaron Green is all about Christian values and is looking for a school with a strong Christian program alongside a strong Football program all the switching around does not look too good. It shows these schools are all about money and does not equate with Aaron's values.

The good news is that if it bothers him that Nebraska is switching conferences (which no one knows) then he should have the same feelings about Texas... so if we lose with him here, so does Texas.

With that said since we are talking about complete conference realignment here with the entire north east and western U.S. schools like Cal will also be affected, and it may even end up affecting as far as Florida State. I definitely think the shakeup is going to cause Aaron to take a step back and take longer to decide, he'll want to see how things play out and what each move means for each school... don't expect him to commit anywhere for at least a few months... maybe even his original date of the Army All American game.

Conclusion: The values thing applies to the entire college football world so it should not affect his decision on a single school. All college football is about Money and TV deals... any school he picks will reflect this.

...stretch.

big stretch.............

So what about joining the Big 10 to highly increase the prestige of our University highly improving the academics and research. This move is going to make UNL a school people will want to come to. The academics and research monies will increase alot, which will bring in better professors, therefore bringing in better students and thus raising the name of the university. It won't take long for UNL to move up the rankings of colleges after this move is made.

UNL won't just be a school anymore, it will be a destination for highly intelligent professors and students. Thus, a degree from UNL will look very, very good on a resume!!

So, unless Aaron is against getting a better education with a degree from a university whose prestige will be very high, I don't think he's gonna see this move as disloyal or "sinful." If he gets informed he will see this move will be unbelievable for current and future students of UNL!! I call that big time loyalty!! UNL is committed to their students and faculty number 1. If they take care of that everything else will take care of itself. I'd like to hear these radio stations talking about move and about sports get some faculty members prospectives from UNL. I bet they have the biggest sh#t-eating grins on their faces you've ever seen.

So what about joining the Big 10 to highly increase the prestige of our University highly improving the academics and research. This move is going to make UNL a school people will want to come to. The academics and research monies will increase alot, which will bring in better professors, therefore bringing in better students and thus raising the name of the university. It won't take long for UNL to move up the rankings of colleges after this move is made.

UNL won't just be a school anymore, it will be a destination for highly intelligent professors and students. Thus, a degree from UNL will look very, very good on a resume!!

So, unless Aaron is against getting a better education with a degree from a university whose prestige will be very high, I don't think he's gonna see this move as disloyal or "sinful." If he gets informed he will see this move will be unbelievable for current and future students of UNL!! I call that big time loyalty!! UNL is committed to their students and faculty number 1. If they take care of that everything else will take care of itself. I'd like to hear these radio stations talking about move and about sports get some faculty members prospectives from UNL. I bet they have the biggest sh#t-eating grins on their faces you've ever seen.

bingo. anyone that thinks this is just about TV money and/or sticking it to texas does not understand the situation. as TO said, this is about what is best for NU over the next 75-100 years. we are now in a stable, prestigious, well managed conference and will reap the benefits athletically, academically and yes, financially.

i'm not sure which chapter in the bible addresses the need to hold yourself back from moving to a better situation, but i'm pretty sure JC is OK with such a move, as long as it is done in an honest and respectful fashion, which it was.

switching conferences is now sinful???

No but to him Switching conferences for the purpose of making more money is HIGHLY unattractive and seems selfish. I'm not saying that's what or why Nebraska is switching, because I don't believe that is the reason they are. BUT IF, and the key word is IF the media takes this and spins it as a selfish move to make money. (Which the local stations in Texas are saying Nebraska is leaving because they can't be Texas, are tired of living in the shadows of Texas, and were just upset they didn't get more money from Texas).

We all know the reason NU is switching is because other schools around them threatened to leave, which left Nebraska in a situation where it had to protect itself... NU hasn't been selfish at all... NU has been extremely patient and lenient... We didn't look to leave the Big 12... but other schools were looking for money and looking into leaving... which forced us to look into opportunities to protect ourself and maintain our credibility. What happened was that an opportunity opened up for NU to increase their Academic(s), offer a better education to students, and thus make a difference in the world, all while also creating situations of competition for our athletics to compete and grow. Money comes with the switch, but Pearlman, Osborne, and the rest of UNL weren't looking to get rich, they were looking at an opportunity to research things that will help people, they were looking for a place to settle down and commit to, they were looking for other institutions who stood behind the same values of ethics, commitment, hard work, and honesty... The Big Ten happened to come knocking on our door and all we did was listen... contemplate... evaluate...

And there you have the truth to Nebraska joining the big 10.

Unfortunately, the great state of Texas where I live doesn't see the truth... they see us as a bully who is the little brother on their backs who just needs to stop whining...

Not worried about it either way. If we get him, GREAT. If not, best of luck to him.

Like I've said before, I'm confident in Beck and Brown's ability as recruiters. Let the chips fall where they may.

Exactly!! Love it Nexus! :koolaid2: :koolaid2:

so your just speculating then right...

by the way i'm crushing hard on NExus too

you_are_gay.jpg

Not worried about it either way. If we get him, GREAT. If not, best of luck to him.

Like I've said before, I'm confident in Beck and Brown's ability as recruiters. Let the chips fall where they may.

Exactly!! Love it Nexus! :koolaid2: :koolaid2:

so your just speculating then right...

by the way i'm crushing hard on NExus too

you_are_gay.jpg

laugh2.gif

No but to him Switching conferences for the purpose of making more money is HIGHLY unattractive and seems selfish. I'm not saying that's what or why Nebraska is switching, because I don't believe that is the reason they are. BUT IF, and the key word is IF the media takes this and spins it as a selfish move to make money. (Which the local stations in Texas are saying Nebraska is leaving because they can't be Texas, are tired of living in the shadows of Texas, and were just upset they didn't get more money from Texas).

We all know the reason NU is switching is because other schools around them threatened to leave, which left Nebraska in a situation where it had to protect itself... NU hasn't been selfish at all... NU has been extremely patient and lenient... We didn't look to leave the Big 12... but other schools were looking for money and looking into leaving... which forced us to look into opportunities to protect ourself and maintain our credibility. What happened was that an opportunity opened up for NU to increase their Academic(s), offer a better education to students, and thus make a difference in the world, all while also creating situations of competition for our athletics to compete and grow. Money comes with the switch, but Pearlman, Osborne, and the rest of UNL weren't looking to get rich, they were looking at an opportunity to research things that will help people, they were looking for a place to settle down and commit to, they were looking for other institutions who stood behind the same values of ethics, commitment, hard work, and honesty... The Big Ten happened to come knocking on our door and all we did was listen... contemplate... evaluate...

Unfortunately, the great state of Texas where I live doesn't see the truth... they see us as a bully who is the little brother on their backs who just needs to stop whining...

With that logic AG will go nowhere near UT. You cant tell me that they arent pursueing other options to increas revenue.

With that logic AG will go nowhere near UT. You cant tell me that they arent pursueing other options to increas revenue.

To be honest, with this logic, Aaron Green should not have Cal, Nebraska, Florida OR Texas at the top of his list:

- Cal is located in Berkley, which is hella hood. However, UC Berkley is viewed as very classy and rich. Thus Aaron Green does not like the fact that Cal puts on a front and diverges from its "hood" origins.

- Texas is moving conferences instead of staying loyal to the dying Big 12. This is to increase revenue and save their own asses. Disloyalty = bad in the mind of Aaron Green.

- Nebraska: See Texas.

- Florida State has fine women that would be sinful for Aaron Green to look at. He does not want to deal with those temptations.

Therefore the only logical destination and result is that Aaron Green will soon announce his commitment to University of Montana.

To be honest, with this logic, Aaron Green should not have Cal, Nebraska, Florida OR Texas at the top of his list:

- Cal is located in Berkley, which is hella hood. However, UC Berkley is viewed as very classy and rich. Thus Aaron Green does not like the fact that Cal puts on a front and diverges from its "hood" origins.

- Texas is moving conferences instead of staying loyal to the dying Big 12. This is to increase revenue and save their own asses. Disloyalty = bad in the mind of Aaron Green.

- Florida State has fine women that would be sinful for Aaron Green to look at. He does not want to deal with those temptations.

Therefore the only logical destination and result is that Aaron Green will soon announce his commitment to University of Montana.

:waste or :smokin ??

NO! I knew we should ave been watching out for the Grizzlies!

NO! I knew we should ave been watching out for the Grizzlies!

It didnt take a recruiting guru to figure this one out. We all saw it from day one.