SIGNED RB Aaron Green

If by coming up a lot this spring you mean, coming up as a name listed as injured, then ok. Last season, yes they talked about burning his shirt

Held out of the spring game due to precautionary measures, nothing more.

but wasn't he injured prior to that and missed most of the practices?

If by coming up a lot this spring you mean, coming up as a name listed as injured, then ok. Last season, yes they talked about burning his shirt

I remember him being injured, and I remember him turning heads at sometime over either conditioning or parts of spring practice he participated in. Not sure when he was injured/how bad it was, I just remember him getting some chatter, in a good way. That is all I was saying.

I could be wrong, but I think he did well in the winter until he got hurt. It was nothing serious, but they decided he would be no contact all spring and then they took him out for a lot of practices. I believe that is what happened. My guess would be it was turf toe, a contusion, or pulled hammy. I have no inside info, that just seems like a safe bet.

I hate to get so far off topic from his brother, but:

"The depth at corner is unbelievable," Pelini said. Regarding the true freshman Green, Pelini said, "There was a point we thought he might be a starter."

http://www.huskerextra.com/articles/2010/01/03/football/doc4b3feb478a7f6516084218.txt

This was published on January third. This is probably what I was thinking of when I said he was turning heads in spring.

I'm cautiously optimistic on this one as well.

I am not too worried about Texas, for the same reason I'm worried he won't commit to Nebraska. He knows Texas as well as any school, if he was going to commit to them he would have done it already. Especially with Brown's style of pressuring recruits to commit early.

Like Texas, he knows about about all he can know about Nebraska. I just don't think we can offer him anything more outside of a winning season and a clear offensive identity. A win on 10/16 and 10 more to go w/ it - Green is ours.

Florida State may be trendy right now, but there are also a lot of question marks around that program. Even though Jimbo has been there for years, he's completely overhauling the program. I'm sure there will be a lull while things turn around. Their program is where we were 1-2 years ago.

I think that just leaves Cal. They aren't going to be playing for the MNC any time soon, but it's a good school, great location, and has a lot to offer a running back.

If you would have told me that Green committed to Texas before we had signed Heard, i would have been livid, but now that we have Heard, i'm pretty nuetral. Don't get me wrong, i want Green to go to Nebraska, but if he doesn't, i'm not gonna be as upset.

If you would have told me that Green committed to Texas before we had signed Heard, i would have been livid, but now that we have Heard, i'm pretty nuetral. Don't get me wrong, i want Green to go to Nebraska, but if he doesn't, i'm not gonna be as upset.

we got get upset is we dont get somebody sometimes..... i think we all felt pretty bummed out about OWA.... maybe we've set out scope to high with AG... i think a lot of us have already predertmined him to come here since way back when.... we all want him... we just have forgot to tell him how bad....

Did anybody listen to huskers illustrated radio this morning? John Talman was on in their recruiting segment and talked about Aaron. And after listening to him I am pretty much set on him being a husker! :koolaid2:

Did anybody listen to huskers illustrated radio this morning? John Talman was on in their recruiting segment and talked about Aaron. And after listening to him I am pretty much set on him being a husker! :koolaid2:

did he mention the rampant cut and pasting on huskerboard.....

:koolaid2:

did he mention the rampant cut and pasting on huskerboard.....

:koolaid2:

:rollin hahahahaha thats awesome

and unfortunatly he did not mention that.

Higher than I expected at #15 on the ESPN 150

from what i've read and seen regarding this ESPN mess is that whatever ESPN says the opposite is true..... UNLESS we like what they say about our recruits that made the list... then they are correct.....

:corndance:espnsucks: