SIGNED RB Aaron Green

I'm on the side that says the longer he takes to decide the less likely it will be us. He's seen the campus numerous times and his brother goes here. If that's not enough I don't know what is.

Or maybe he just wants to take advantage of his 5 all-expense paid official visits? Can't blame a kid for wanting to enjoy the whole recruiting process since it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Even if he knows in the back of his mind where he's going to end up, why not take advantage of those 5 free trips to see different college campuses?

I'm on the side that says the longer he takes to decide the less likely it will be us. He's seen the campus numerous times and his brother goes here. If that's not enough I don't know what is.

Or maybe he just wants to take advantage of his 5 all-expense paid official visits? Can't blame a kid for wanting to enjoy the whole recruiting process since it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Even if he knows in the back of his mind where he's going to end up, why not take advantage of those 5 free trips to see different college campuses?

I think we'd all take the 5 visits if we were 18, and I don't fault him for doing it...but like I've said before - I don't think anything really good can come of them. The more visits he takes, the longer he waits, the less likely he is to be N. We've pitched our product countless times. This is why a used car dealer doesn't let you walk out the door to think about it, the odds are you won't be back.

I was recruited to a company a few years ago. Trips to resorts for "meetings" and "conferences". Kobe steak, lobster, crab, sushi at every meal. All expenses paid for a night out in Orlando, etc, etc, etc. Myself and 3 of their VP's and execs had tabs topping $1,000 at every dinner. After going through it 1 time...I'd never want to do it again. The steak's good, the beer goes down nice...but it is what it is. It's not a "once-in-a-lifetime" opportunity for him because he's going to try and experience it 5 times. It's the same thing, different day.

I think we'd all take the 5 visits if we were 18, and I don't fault him for doing it...but like I've said before - I don't think anything really good can come of them. The more visits he takes, the longer he waits, the less likely he is to be N. We've pitched our product countless times. This is why a used car dealer doesn't let you walk out the door to think about it, the odds are you won't be back.

I was recruited to a company a few years ago. Trips to resorts for "meetings" and "conferences". Kobe steak, lobster, crab, sushi at every meal. All expenses paid for a night out in Orlando, etc, etc, etc. Myself and 3 of their VP's and execs had tabs topping $1,000 at every dinner. After going through it 1 time...I'd never want to do it again. The steak's good, the beer goes down nice...but it is what it is. It's not a "once-in-a-lifetime" opportunity for him because he's going to try and experience it 5 times. It's the same thing, different day.

You also have to remember that the schools he visits on these trips are telling him the same thing he's heard Nebraska say 5 times over...and his brother plays here. IMO, the only school we need to worry about is Texas and Malcolm Brown might solve that problem for us.

He has also always said from the very beginning of his recruitment that he plans to wait until signing day. These trips should be no surprise, and IMO, won't change any chance we have of landing Green. It's not.... "I just decided I want to take more visits." It's more like...... "I want to make a decision on signing day so I will take all my visits."

I'm personally not getting scared when I hear he wants to take the visits or take the time.

You also have to remember that the schools he visits on these trips are telling him the same thing he's heard Nebraska say 5 times over...and his brother plays here. IMO, the only school we need to worry about is Texas and Malcolm Brown might solve that problem for us.

He has also always said from the very beginning of his recruitment that he plans to wait until signing day. These trips should be no surprise, and IMO, won't change any chance we have of landing Green. It's not.... "I just decided I want to take more visits." It's more like...... "I want to make a decision on signing day so I will take all my visits."

I'm personally not getting scared when I hear he wants to take the visits or take the time.

Maybe, but it also increases the likelihood that he is pleasantly surprised by wherever he visits, much like people are when they finally visit Nebraska. I just wish that if he were going to end up at Nebraska he'd pull the trigger now so we can hopefully get some other good players because of it.

• Fire 1

Maybe, but it also increases the likelihood that he is pleasantly surprised by wherever he visits, much like people are when they finally visit Nebraska. I just wish that if he were going to end up at Nebraska he'd pull the trigger now so we can hopefully get some other good players because of it.

As long as Aaron remembers how much Neberaska fans love him, what the atmosphere is like on gameday, and how much he would mean to this university it might be hard for any other school besides Texas to get an inch with this kid. I still dont trust Mack and his staff if Aaron decides to wait until signing day.

Bolded #1 -- You could apply that same thought process to any recruit we've pursued in the past, present and future. But here's a question for you, does our world end if we don't get him? Did it end when we lost highly ranked prospects in the past?

Bolded #2 -- Let's not quibble over semantics.

Aaron is starting to get tired of the recruiting process, and the chances of him committing earlier somewhere are growing. He has been quoted as saying that the recruiting promise is annoying, he doesn't like all of the attention and wants to feel like a regular kid.

Says his phone is always ringing and coaches are after him on Facebook.

Standout programs showing the most love right now are in no order...

Texas, Florida St., Cal, Stanford and Nebraska- no mention of USC in that article.

It's very confusing that FSU, Cal and Stanford would be in the list considering they don't have conference ties there insertsarcasm.gif

I never really thought about it, but there's a REALLY fine line in the recruiting game, they are very close to stalker status cop.gif

Aaron is starting to get tired of the recruiting process, and the chances of him committing earlier somewhere are growing. He has been quoted as saying that the recruiting promise is annoying, he doesn't like all of the attention and wants to feel like a regular kid.

Texas, Florida St., Cal, Stanford and Nebraska- no mention of USC in that article.

It's very confusing that FSU, Cal and Stanford would be in the list considering they don't have conference ties there insertsarcasm.gif

I never really thought about it, but there's a REALLY fine line in the recruiting game, they are very close to stalker status cop.gif

I suspect USC was pushed out of the picture when Ol'Petey left. Stanford? Cal? Really, this could get interesting.

I suspect USC was pushed out of the picture when Ol'Petey left. Stanford? Cal? Really, this could get interesting.

I'm guessing he ends up at Texas. Sadly, with too many recruits the "celebrity status" goes to their head, and I think he's going to try to not get to that point. Seems like if he was coming to NU he would have pulled the trigger already. Maybe he just doesn't want to hurt all his suitors feelings. Who knows.

I love how people are trying to predict what will happen with Aaron. If we have learned anything it is not to predict what will happen, and just analyze it as it does. Remember a month ago when Aaron said 100% he was a signing day decision, now he hates the process and wants to get it over with. These kids are unpredictable.

I love how people are trying to predict what will happen with Aaron. If we have learned anything it is not to predict what will happen, and just analyze it as it does. Remember a month ago when Aaron said 100% he was a signing day decision, now he hates the process and wants to get it over with. These kids are unpredictable.

He is probably one of the hardest kids to try and get a sense of what he's thinking. Who knows maybe by the time the season comes he could be a husker.

If he was really going to go to Texas he might have committed already because Texas seems to push in-state kids towards committing early, but who knows.

I hope he is getting tired of it because really he has no need to wait till signing day. Once he knows he should sign, wherever that is. Hopefully he is N, but if not he needs to do whats right for him. I think with him tiring of it all that really puts us in a good position because we have a reputation of not being pushy and telling kids to take their time and do what's right.

• Fire 1

I hope he is getting tired of it because really he has no need to wait till signing day. Once he knows he should sign, wherever that is. Hopefully he is N, but if not he needs to do whats right for him. I think with him tiring of it all that really puts us in a good position because we have a reputation of not being pushy and telling kids to take their time and do what's right.

+1 good point, and I love that about our staff.

Throwing out a wag here but unless a certain TX RB recruit by the name of Brown decommits, why in God's green Earth would Aaron go there? If AG is getting tired of the recruiting process I see that as a good thing for NU. That could push him to what he knows......a brother and respected coach (Ron Brown) at NU.