SIGNED RB Aaron Green

Nebraska still sticks in Texas kids heads as being a running school... this bodes well for us getting RB's like Burkhead, robinson, and hopefully Green...a lot of Texas fans see UT as a Pocket Passing team this year because of Gilbert's lack of speed and elusiveness as well as the number of high profile receivers Texas has been able to bring in and stack depth at.

Supposedly Texas wants to bring the run game back this year and has changed its scheme to improve downhill running... they'd better because without an improved run game scheme, and Colt McCoy's scrambling abilities, if they don't bring in some run scheme that works well they will be a pass offense...Mac Brown's not an idiot... he knows this, and he knows he has some attractive things to offer young backs/recruits...

Texas already has five commitments from big time OL prospects for 2011. One of which is Christian Westerman from Chandler, AZ. They signed 2 last year and 4 the year before. I think from the time they sign Garret Gilbert there was a thought to go the a pro style offense and as soon as the MNC hopes we crushed were crush with Colts shoulder injury it was cemented. They have realized that when you are one dimensional it makes it just that much easier to be shut down. From what I hear from my friends down in Texas the song that Mack is selling to recruits these days is look what we were able to do with a one sided offense. Imagine what it will be with a running game as well.

Nebraska still sticks in Texas kids heads as being a running school... this bodes well for us getting RB's like Burkhead, robinson, and hopefully Green...a lot of Texas fans see UT as a Pocket Passing team this year because of Gilbert's lack of speed and elusiveness as well as the number of high profile receivers Texas has been able to bring in and stack depth at.

Supposedly Texas wants to bring the run game back this year and has changed its scheme to improve downhill running... they'd better because without an improved run game scheme, and Colt McCoy's scrambling abilities, if they don't bring in some run scheme that works well they will be a pass offense...Mac Brown's not an idiot... he knows this, and he knows he has some attractive things to offer young backs/recruits...

Every team plays a style that their players allow them to play. Florida isn't going to take their next QB and run him like Tebow. Gilbert is pro-style and Texas will have a pro-style offense next year. Like NoKoolAid said, they have gotten some great oline recruits which will allow them to run more. Gilbert's lack of elusiveness tells me the RB will be more important this year....not that they will only pass the ball.

Do you think Nebraska wanted our offense to look like it did last year? We didn't have a choice....we played conservative b/c that allowed NU to win games.

I wouldn't expect a rush from Aaron. I'd be really surprised if he pulled the trigger before the season.

An HI interview with Green confirmed that he is going to wait until signing day to make his decision. Green said that waiting until signing day has always been the way he wanted to do it, and never really considered doing it any other way.

I wouldn't expect a rush from Aaron. I'd be really surprised if he pulled the trigger before the season.

An HI interview with Green confirmed that he is going to wait until signing day to make his decision. Green said that waiting until signing day has always been the way he wanted to do it, and never really considered doing it any other way.

I think I read that, but you hear a lot of guys saying they're going to wait. Maybe he will make it all the way to signing day, but if you know where your heart's at, I wouldn't be surprised if he committed during the season sometime.

I think I read that, but you hear a lot of guys saying they're going to wait. Maybe he will make it all the way to signing day, but if you know where your heart's at, I wouldn't be surprised if he committed during the season sometime.

This is true. Christian Westerman originally planned to announce his college choice at the Army All-American game next year.

Herschel Sims committed to Oklahoma State. He was looking at getting an offer from Texas if either Malcom Brown and/or Aaron Green didn't accept their Texas offer.

Maybe Sims knows something that the Texas coaches have told him that both Green and Brown attend on accepting their Texas offer or Sims just got tired of waiting for a Texas offer and decided to pull the trigger.

Herschel Sims committed to Oklahoma State. He was looking at getting an offer from Texas if either Malcom Brown and/or Aaron Green didn't accept their Texas offer.

Maybe Sims knows something that the Texas coaches have told him that both Green and Brown attend on accepting their Texas offer or Sims just got tired of waiting for a Texas offer and decided to pull the trigger.

I'm going to guess he got tired of waiting. He is a good back and didn't want to wait since it looks like both Green and Brown will wait for a while.

I predict Brown to Texas, Green to NU. Brown will decide first, Green might give a silent to the coaching staff but will announce in Jan or Feb.

i think aaron will end up at nebraska... but waiting it out only makes you wonder.. soudns like he loves it and everything is a go... but he wants to wait to signing day.. the reason?? i am not sure.. but i am positive someone on here will fill me in.....

I predict Brown to Texas, Green to NU. Brown will decide first, Green might give a silent to the coaching staff but will announce in Jan or Feb.

i think aaron will end up at nebraska... but waiting it out only makes you wonder.. soudns like he loves it and everything is a go... but he wants to wait to signing day.. the reason?? i am not sure.. but i am positive someone on here will fill me in.....

He might just be saying that to keep people off his back. Also, a big time talent like him will probably take quite a bit of gruff if he leaves the state of Texas already having a Texas offer in hand.

He might just be saying that to keep people off his back. Also, a big time talent like him will probably take quite a bit of gruff if he leaves the state of Texas already having a Texas offer in hand.

Did Texas recruit his brother Andrew? If not, then I say to the people that give him gruff maybe they should have recruited his brother and maybe then he wouldn't be leaving. This is of course if he does actully decide to be N.

Quite frankly, it's smart to wait it out and see how we do this season before you pull the trigger. Maybe he's got a head on his shoulders and knows that the season will illuminate more about each team and give him a better perspective. No reason to pull the trigger if we morph our offense or our O-line looks like he will get killed here.

• Fire 1

Ever since the evaluation period began there have only been two schools to visit Green at his school: Air Force and Nebraska. Tim Beck and Ron Brown were the two coaches to have visited Green at his school yesterday April 30th.

This should show Green how much Nebraska really wants him while in state Texas just sits back and does nothing.

• Fire 1