SIGNED RB Aaron Green

I really like his speed, elusiveness, and vision, but I really think he lacks in the power area. In the video the only tackles he breaks are a couple of arm tackles here and there and those have more to do with his balance than his power. The good news is he can come into our strength program and add that quality muscle weight which will help him gain power without losing speed. The entire video he is searching for the corner or a crease in the middle because at this point he is faster than 99% of the competition. When he comes to college it is likely there will be at least one guy on D in every game that can match his speed. That is where power will come in. Great back who could be great for us.

I'd also add that those defenses on the video didn't take good angles. But that's the trouble with highlight videos, we'd need to see a complete game against a decent team to get a real perspective of his talent.

He is a 5 star back that is coveted by USC, Texas, and Nebraska. Thats how good he is. :)

I really like his speed, elusiveness, and vision, but I really think he lacks in the power area. In the video the only tackles he breaks are a couple of arm tackles here and there and those have more to do with his balance than his power. The good news is he can come into our strength program and add that quality muscle weight which will help him gain power without losing speed. The entire video he is searching for the corner or a crease in the middle because at this point he is faster than 99% of the competition. When he comes to college it is likely there will be at least one guy on D in every game that can match his speed. That is where power will come in. Great back who could be great for us.

I'd also add that those defenses on the video didn't take good angles. But that's the trouble with highlight videos, we'd need to see a complete game against a decent team to get a real perspective of his talent.

He is a 5 star back that is coveted by USC, Texas, and Nebraska. Thats how good he is. :)

Yes and I was going to say he plays in the largest classification of football in Texas so the competition is great. Multiple D-1 Schollie athletes on every team. I was merely pointing out his area in need of most improvement is strength, but he is not a power runner so I am just picking nits.

a 5 star back...who makes EZ quiver with boyish excitement every time his name is mentioned. Between "Big Time" and Jamal Turner - EZ get's himself all worked up at least 5 times a day.

:yeah

:sarcasm

• Fire 1

The way he glides when he runs combined with his swagger reminds me of Desean Jackson.

I couldn't help but think of Tommie Frazier from watching that. His studder-step, jukes, and cuts are Tommie-esq to me... When he hit the corner or going up the middle he just had a real simmilar style to Frazier.

I think this the best highlight reel I have ever seen for a HS prospect. I like the skills he has of catching the ball out of the backfield or as a slot receiver.

To be in the top 3 on this prospect is exciting. If he commits, I am reading to start the chants of 2011 being one of the best recruiting classes of all time.

EVALUATION

By Brandon Cavanaugh

If you’ve been paying attention to recruiting at all for the past year then you know the name Aaron Green. San Antonio Madison High School’s Green has more offers from Division 1-A schools than the #1 blue chipper in NCAA 2010 (21 and counting). Tim Beck and Ron Brown have been dispatched to give Green the Big Red treatment and they’ll kindly wait their turn to get a shot to talk to this projected superstar. It’s all relative for the time being, but just what makes Green worth 21 offers as a junior?

Let me count the ways: Absolutely insane first step, amazing burst, field vision, leaping ability, hands, breakaway speed and I’d probably throw something in about a partridge, but Green could probably outrun that, too. We’ve all seen defenders give up on a play. Ever see 50% or more quit at once their man’s about 5-7 yards past the line of scrimmage or right next to them once in the secondary? That’s what Green provides you.

The kid hits corners at a speed that should be reserved for a Japanese bullet train and seemingly is running through holes as if he can slow down time and see where they develop. He is a sight to behold and it’s no wonder that everyone and anyone are going to offer him the moon and the stars. In Lane Kiffin’s case it’ll probably be close to offering a crystal football as a dorm ornament.

Patience, oh Green’s got patience. He’ll wait for it…wait for it and then explode out of the backfield quicker than a hiccup bolt towards the end zone like a lightning bolt and hand the ball to the ref. “The Human Highlight Reel” is deceptive not only in his hips, his fluidity, but rather once you think you’ve got him in a position to be stopped? He’ll make you look the fool and bolt past you for six.

Sideline to sideline speed? Don’t worry about that. Green can take a pass from one side of the field to the other eliciting, “Oh my goodness” from many a fan. I’d almost call his speed unfair, but hey, life ain’t fair and life’s not going to be fair for his opponents. The only chance you have of slowing this kid down is getting into the backfield early and often. Good luck with that because once you finally show up, Aaron may very well be off to the races and saying “Kiss the baby” to your safeties.

This will not be the last time I talk about Green. This is the flare I’m shooting up. Watch him this season and be amazed. Watch him as a collegiate athlete and be amazed. Should he become a Cornhusker? Pinch yourself, realize that you’re not dreaming and allow yourself a moment to smile that a running back named “Green” would be in the backfield. The last one wasn’t too bad, was he? I guess in the final intro to Aaron, I’d compare him to one Ron Burgundy. He’s kind of a big deal. Just watch, but don’t blink.

http://www.hothuskers.com/huskerhype/initial-recruit-evaluation-rb-aaron-green/

• Fire 1

Please Summarize for me!!!!!!!! I too am interested in what he has said about Texas.

Ok, he has been to Baylor and Texas for Junior Days. He liked Baylor's facilities, and R. Griffin told him that if he came to Baylor that he would watch over him and help him along the way. He said that the Texas Junior Day went really well also. Talked to Mack Brown and was reminded how badly they would like to have him.

On Nebraska,

He said that his brother isn't trying to heavily influence him, but he knows how great it would be to play football with him and that is a big deal to Aaron. He already has a solid relationship with Ron Brown because he is the one who recruited Andrew.

No date set for a decision just yet. Then only thing verified there is it could be early on or it could be a signing day decision.

Mods, if I said to much feel free to delete this post and jack slap me. :facepalm:

What the hell is a jack slap?

Please Summarize for me!!!!!!!! I too am interested in what he has said about Texas.

Ok, he has been to Baylor and Texas for Junior Days. He liked Baylor's facilities, and R. Griffin told him that if he came to Baylor that he would watch over him and help him along the way. He said that the Texas Junior Day went really well also. Talked to Mack Brown and was reminded how badly they would like to have him.

On Nebraska,

He said that his brother isn't trying to heavily influence him, but he knows how great it would be to play football with him and that is a big deal to Aaron. He already has a solid relationship with Ron Brown because he is the one who recruited Andrew.

No date set for a decision just yet. Then only thing verified there is it could be early on or it could be a signing day decision.

Mods, if I said to much feel free to delete this post and jack slap me. :facepalm:

What the hell is a jack slap?

Jack Slap - To strike someone quickly and with great power after initial irritation.

• 2 weeks later...