SIGNED RB Aaron Green

Received this email from the Bleacher Report. (Must be from my Touchdown Club membership.) Rated the third best back in the country. It has some great film on Green. (Don't know if this has already been shown on this thread.) This guy not only can fly, but he's got great moves and quickness. The only negative the short article says is he's not a good inside runner because of his size. Says nothing about Nebraska being one of the leaders. Hopefully that is an oversight.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/350153-ranking-the-top-10-running-back-recruits-for-2011

Received this email from the Bleacher Report. (Must be from my Touchdown Club membership.) Rated the third best back in the country. It has some great film on Green. (Don't know if this has already been shown on this thread.) This guy not only can fly, but he's got great moves and quickness. The only negative the short article says is he's not a good inside runner because of his size. Says nothing about Nebraska being one of the leaders. Hopefully that is an oversight.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/350153-ranking-the-top-10-running-back-recruits-for-2011

Thanks for the link, but I disagree with this guy's assessments. IMHO the state of Texas has quite possibly 4 of the best 5 backs in the nation. 3 of which (Brown, Green, Sims) should all be ranked as 5 star prospects. Isaiah Crowell should also be given 5 stars as well.

Bleacher Report is not exactly reputable. Many posters here have more informed opinions than the writers for that site.

IMO if we lose out on Green I won't be too torn up. But that's only because I'm so pumped about Braylon Heard.

After watching Braylon Heard and Aaron Green's films back to back I see a lot of similarities in their size, speed, and abilities. Both are really fast, both can change direction instantly, both are shifty backs, I feel like I am watching the exact same guy run in different uniforms... Although I do think Aaron Green is a little faster, has a little better field vision, and makes his cuts a little quicker.

Here's their videos... watch them back to back and tell me what you think...

Braylon Heard

IMO if we lose out on Green I won't be too torn up. But that's only because I'm so pumped about Braylon Heard.

After watching Braylon Heard and Aaron Green's films back to back I see a lot of similarities in their size, speed, and abilities. Both are really fast, both can change direction instantly, both are shifty backs, I feel like I am watching the exact same guy run in different uniforms... Although I do think Aaron Green is a little faster, has a little better field vision, and makes his cuts a little quicker.

Braylon Heard

agree that Heard could be a great back, but Aaron has more upside, his video there was his sophomore year, Heard was his senior, and they look very similar..

Braylon Heard

agree that Heard could be a great back, but Aaron has more upside, his video there was his sophomore year, Heard was his senior, and they look very similar..

i think Heard has proven that he is a good guy and is gonna get better under the leadership of Bo and Co.

he's a safe bet right now (with a TON of talent)... while green had that great soph. season his junior year sucked nuts (because he was injured or bothered i guess)... so lets see how AG bounces back and shows the upside that makes him so desireable......

i thikn AG feels a lot of pressure... can't rely on the Soph film forever

but i'd still of course like him to be hukser of course...

Braylon Heard

Braylon Heard is a great back dont get me wrong, but he played on a great team in a smaller conference than Aaron plays in currently.

i think Heard has proven that he is a good guy and is gonna get better under the leadership of Bo and Co.

he's a safe bet right now (with a TON of talent)... while green had that great soph. season his junior year sucked nuts (because he was injured or bothered i guess)... so lets see how AG bounces back and shows the upside that makes him so desireable......

i thikn AG feels a lot of pressure... can't rely on the Soph film forever

but i'd still of course like him to be hukser of course...

AG played his entire junior season behind a new offensive line and with a bum ankle. Kid was still in a walking boot as of a few weeks ago.

You cannot take anything from his junior season and think that takes away from him as a player. Alot of other circumstances to throw in there.

Thanks for the link, but I disagree with this guy's assessments. IMHO the state of Texas has quite possibly 4 of the best 5 backs in the nation. 3 of which (Brown, Green, Sims) should all be ranked as 5 star prospects. Isaiah Crowell should also be given 5 stars as well.

The best back in the country is Kenny Hilliard, who already committed to LSU. If you don't believe me (on how good he is), just wait and see.

The best back in the country is Kenny Hilliard, who already committed to LSU. If you don't believe me (on how good he is), just wait and see.

The only thing with Hilliard is that he is PHENOMENAL at being a power back. But the minute you force him to change direction or run in space, he becomes pedestrian at best.

The only thing with Hilliard is that he is PHENOMENAL at being a power back. But the minute you force him to change direction or run in space, he becomes pedestrian at best.

I agree with BigWillie's statement. Aaron Green and Malcolm Brown are the best I have seen IMHO.