SIGNED RB Aaron Green

This may be a dumb question, but I'm fairly new to the recruiting game...When do the ratings for the 2011 class come out on rivals/scout. Like when will we know the stars rating for Green, Turner, etc. Im really excited bout this class!

Scout has already started their ratings but Rivals will come out with theirs this coming Monday.

This may be a dumb question, but I'm fairly new to the recruiting game...When do the ratings for the 2011 class come out on rivals/scout. Like when will we know the stars rating for Green, Turner, etc. Im really excited bout this class!

Scout has already started their ratings but Rivals will come out with theirs this coming Monday.

And ESPN (using Scouts Inc. which is not Scout) has put out their top 150.

And ESPN (using Scouts Inc. which is not Scout) has put out their top 150.

ESPN has put out their 150 WATCH LIST which is well over 150 names. They haven't came out with an actual list of 150 people for the ESPNU 150. Just wanted to clear that up.

Here's my current feelings on Green. If USC or Texas are in the mix I will be worried that we might be out gunned recruiting wise. Specifically Texas . . . if they offer kids . . . they commit. I have a feeling Green might not like Kiffin's style at USC so that could help us out. Personally, if those two (Texas and USC) are out/don't offer, I like Nebraska's chances.

Here's my current feelings on Green. If USC or Texas are in the mix I will be worried that we might be out gunned recruiting wise. Specifically Texas . . . if they offer kids . . . they commit. I have a feeling Green might not like Kiffin's style at USC so that could help us out. Personally, if those two (Texas and USC) are out/don't offer, I like Nebraska's chances.

Texas will offer.

I dont know if Texas will put much time into recruiting him and here is why:

The state of Texas is very deep with running backs. They currently lead for Malcom Brown and Sims (or so they claim). They know that they are behind in the A. Green sweepstakes so they very well could just recruit Brown and Sims hard and just conceit Aaron to us. USC has really been put on the backburner from what I have heard in this race.

IMO Green is the best back in the nation. I have watched Sims, Brown, and Green's tapes all side by side. Green was the better back as a sophomore. I expect all three to be in the rivals top 100.

Every other reason for Aaron to come to NU is previously stated in the thread.

Edit: Herschel Sims is an OU lean and idolizes Adrian Peterson.

Malcom Brown is considered wide open.

Brandon Williams is considered a sure fire Longhorn and is right up there with Brown, Sims, and Green. If Texas can get an early verbal out of Williams that increases our already good chances of landing Aaron Green.

Kenny Williams is also a back that can really tilt everything in terms of where others go if Texas offers and gets an early verbal.

Texas will offer.

I'm not so sure.

Texas will offer.

I'm not so sure.

If Texas knows that they dont have a shot at a kid they wont offer him even though the kid is deserving of an offer and just move onto the next kid.

• Fire 1

Yeah. Just look at this year. Texas invited 30 juniors to their junior day. They offered scholarships to 28 of them. They received commitments from 25 of those.

Exactly. Whereas we offered 195 kids and recieved 20 committments and another greyshirt.

I dont know if Texas will put much time into recruiting him and here is why:

The state of Texas is very deep with running backs. They currently lead for Malcom Brown and Sims (or so they claim). They know that they are behind in the A. Green sweepstakes so they very well could just recruit Brown and Sims hard and just conceit Aaron to us. USC has really been put on the backburner from what I have heard in this race.

IMO Green is the best back in the nation. I have watched Sims, Brown, and Green's tapes all side by side. Green was the better back as a sophomore. I expect all three to be in the rivals top 100.

Every other reason for Aaron to come to NU is previously stated in the thread.

Edit: Herschel Sims is an OU lean and idolizes Adrian Peterson.

Malcom Brown is considered wide open.

Brandon Williams is considered a sure fire Longhorn and is right up there with Brown, Sims, and Green. If Texas can get an early verbal out of Williams that increases our already good chances of landing Aaron Green.

Kenny Williams is also a back that can really tilt everything in terms of where others go if Texas offers and gets an early verbal.

:yeah

• Fire 1

Texas always offers the best RB in texas... they go by the star ratings because it makes them look better. So They are going to give Malcolm Brown, Brandon Williams, and Herschel Simms offers before they give Aaron Green an offer. Whatever players get the most hype out of rivals will be who Texas offers.

My guess is that they will get Malcolm Brown and Brandon Williams, they will lose Herschel Simms to OU (I live in Abilene where he is from and word around town is he loves OU and has since last September).

I see Aaron Green heading to Nebraska because his brother is there, we have Ron Brown and Tim Beck along with a strong FCA program, a family atmosphere, team environment (which he loves, he's not an individual player) and we run a lot of plays with our running backs, where as Texas utilizes receivers more.

I know Texas though... they will get greedy and come in and try to get Aaron Green late if one of their top 2 falls out. Guarantee it. And they are smooth talkers so they might just say the "right things" not necessairly the honest things, to get Aaron to end up at UT (since I don't anticipate him committing until after Christmas sometime).