SIGNED RB Aaron Green

Red Denver, I've never heard Devaney called the "Bobfather". Just wanted to say I love that and will probably use it from here on out when talking to all my Husker buddies if you don't mind. They will no doubt be very impressed with me and talk about what a brilliant nickname that is that I came up with it. Most of the time I will refer due credit back to yourself, but if I slip up sometimes try not to hate me.

I'm glad you like it, but I can take absolutely no credit. I've seen it many times on various message boards. I believe the posters with over 1000 posts on this board "earn" that title (somebody correct me on that). And, as any good teller of tall tales will tell you, don't explain the name to your buddies and let them think you came up with it yourself. (I would have let you assume I created it here, but too many other posters would be onto me.)

Most in Texas say that Aaron Green is ours to lose.

I hope they are right. The videos that I have seen of Aaron Green talking about his options don't leave me with that impression.

I hope they are right as well. There was a guy that said yesterday that "Mack Brown has a better chance of getting Jessica Alba and Mini Me in a 3-way than he does of getting Aaron Green to come to Texas."

I hope they are right. The videos that I have seen of Aaron Green talking about his options don't leave me with that impression.

I hope they are right as well. There was a guy that said yesterday that "Mack Brown has a better chance of getting Jessica Alba and Mini Me in a 3-way than he does of getting Aaron Green to come to Texas."

Did you see the video of Green when asked if he was going to visit Texas? His eyes lit up and he said that they are a big, biggg time program that he'd definitely have to look at. The reporter kept asking about Nebraska and Green repeatedly stated that he is looking at many schools. Hopefully it is just a smoke screen on his part.

Did you see the video of Green when asked if he was going to visit Texas? His eyes lit up and he said that they are a big, biggg time program that he'd definitely have to look at. The reporter kept asking about Nebraska and Green repeatedly stated that he is looking at many schools. Hopefully it is just a smoke screen on his part.

I didnt see that one. We will see what happens. Its about a year and a week away from 2011 NLOI day. :)

I think the upcoming season will decide where green will head. If Texas somehow plays for another NC or they have a down year 9-10 wins and we finish with an 11-13 win year, he will pick us over Texas. Most recruits have a short memory. Yea he has family here, but I see Green making a decision on where he can have the best chance of playing early and winning rings.

I think the upcoming season will decide where green will head. If Texas somehow plays for another NC or they have a down year 9-10 wins and we finish with an 11-13 win year, he will pick us over Texas. Most recruits have a short memory. Yea he has family here, but I see Green making a decision on where he can have the best chance of playing early and winning rings.

Agreed. I think at this point Nebraska has as good of a shot as anyone. However, the results of the upcoming season quickly change that for better or for worse. I don't think that I'd even go so far as to call him a Nebraska lean at this point . . . he seems to be just keeping his options open.

Agreed. I think at this point Nebraska has as good of a shot as anyone. However, the results of the upcoming season quickly change that for better or for worse. I don't think that I'd even go so far as to call him a Nebraska lean at this point . . . he seems to be just keeping his options open.

If Green goes to Texas then he is absolutely insane. Gilbert is a drop back passer. WIth the stacked WR Texas has coming in... the writing is on the wall. Their history shows favor to the pass game and absolute lack of development and lack of useage of a running game. So they say they will "improvise" their offense and add more run... PLEASE... If Aaron Green goes to Texas he is not going to be used... he will be wasted.

If Green goes to Texas then he is absolutely insane. Gilbert is a drop back passer. WIth the stacked WR Texas has coming in... the writing is on the wall. Their history shows favor to the pass game and absolute lack of development and lack of useage of a running game. So they say they will "improvise" their offense and add more run... PLEASE... If Aaron Green goes to Texas he is not going to be used... he will be wasted.

I am a passionate husker fan too. I am confident that Green ends up N, but I disagree with you on your point why.

They found a way to get Jamal Charles the ball. :dunno

A talent like AG wouldnt be wasted at Texas. Although he would do better at NU ;)

I am a passionate husker fan too. I am confident that Green ends up N, but I disagree with you on your point why.

They found a way to get Jamal Charles the ball. :dunno

A talent like AG wouldnt be wasted at Texas. Although he would do better at NU ;)

:yeah There is a big difference between not being used correctly and being "wasted."

Actually, I conclude the opposite. If Gilbert is more of a drop back passer than McCoy I expect a more traditional running game to be prevalent. Talent tends to follow talent. If I were a 5 star running back I'd be very excited about playing on a very talented team. Mack Brown is certainly not afraid of running the ball. The team he had this year was just more suited to run a spread attack.