SIGNED RB Aaron Green

Im sure the staff doesnt have a glimmer of hope for Sirles, Qvale, Coffey, or Ash. A couple were said to be in that two deep rotation this year. Nor do they think that Moudy, A Rod will help out with overall depth and talent improvement either. Im also sure that Reeves and Moore wont help out with anything either. All of our young OL suck right? Even the ones that we are looking at. Our staff cant recruit OL. Barney sucks, we arent ever going to sign another offensive recruit in the history of our program. The sky is falling. There is not a glimer of hope at all. :sarcasm

:rant

Of course that's what my comment below indicated. All I said was all the talent and promise from those OL recruit need to materialize in to a unit this year. If he doesn't see a capable line this year from kids with game experience why would he put faith in more incoming freshman O-linemen.

In order for your opinion to move from dream to reality he will need to see tremendous improvement from the offensive line. If we cant show that we will have a line in place that is improving for his arrival, I just cant see him coming here.

You also make it sound like it has no chance of improving. The kids that Barney Cotton has brought in have been some pretty good finds. We are building depth at those positions which is something that we clearly lacked this year. Any time that freshman walk on to campus and are in you two deep rotation on the OL you know you werent deep from the start.

Sirles, Qvale, Ash, and Coffey will all help and show promise next year as I expect all of them to see significant playing time.

Here is the break down.

Two classes above Aaron Green for the OL we have:

Sirles-redshirted

Qvale-redshirted

Ash-redshirted

Coffey-redshirted

That means that they will all be redshirted Sophs when Aaron is ready to set foot on a college campus.

One class above Aaron we have

A Rod-should Redshirt by next year

Moudy-should also redshirt next year

Jake Cotton-who knows he may surprize people and be a guy who can add to our depth

That means they will all be RS Freshman in 2011

In Aarons Class

Ryne Reeves-committed-will probably be in the top 100 of his class

Tyler Moore-committed-will be the top OT in his class (quote from Florida's OL coach)

A few of the Prospects we are in on:

Westerman-made his top 5 last I knew-he will also make the top 100 of his class

Derek Farniok- new guy on the radar from North Dakota- He is 6ft8 300+ lbs.

As you can see there is young talent on our line as well as talent that is coming in. Dont worry about the kids that are seniors and juniors right now as they will be gone by the time Aaron Green gets to a college campus. Hopefully ours. This is what I took into account when I made that statement earlier. A lot of people need to start seeing the big picture instead of one year that we were cursed by injury all around our OL.

You once again misread my post. The youth we had on the line this year will be starters again next year with the people we red shirted. If after this year and next year we are improving before his arrival, I just cant see him coming here.

My point being we can use the youth excuse this year but not next year when we return 4 starters. So IF and I said IF our OL play is just as bad I do not see him coming here.

What if we are as banged up as we were this year? What if our top OT is out for the season again next year? Javario Burkes' injury hurt us this year. I just cant see him not taking other things into account either. He isnt just going to look at one, count it, one year of our line being as injured as it was and how average at best it was and dub NU as a school he will not be attending.

Yes, a very good point and I completely agree. I also think it is huge for us to take another step after this year and be a BCS program when he steps on campus. It kind of sucks to say that we were one second away from saying that now. But, its key to show that constant progression to prove a Nebraska offer is an elite offer like USC and Texas.

How is USC local?

Perhaps he has an offer to the University of Liverpool... Then I would say it's all relative.

I'm guessing he didn't mean Local, as much as he meant "usual"?

I still say this is an uphill battle. Perhaps if Turner commits, he can start establishing a relationship with Aaron. But we have seen how that situation works out. It is imperative that we lock in a big time offensive class in the class of 2011.

How is USC local?

Perhaps he has an offer to the University of Liverpool... Then I would say it's all relative.

I'm guessing he didn't mean Local, as much as he meant "usual"?

I still say this is an uphill battle. Perhaps if Turner commits, he can start establishing a relationship with Aaron. But we have seen how that situation works out. It is imperative that we lock in a big time offensive class in the class of 2011.

I would not at all say that it is an uphill battle. I am not saying we wont have to really work hard on this kid to get him. But ALL things considered I do believe we have a good maybe even great chance to get this kid N.

Im sure the staff doesnt have a glimmer of hope for Sirles, Qvale, Coffey, or Ash. A couple were said to be in that two deep rotation this year. Nor do they think that Moudy, A Rod will help out with overall depth and talent improvement either. Im also sure that Reeves and Moore wont help out with anything either. All of our young OL suck right? Even the ones that we are looking at. Our staff cant recruit OL. Barney sucks, we arent ever going to sign another offensive recruit in the history of our program. The sky is falling. There is not a glimer of hope at all. :sarcasm

Of course that's what my comment below indicated. All I said was all the talent and promise from those OL recruit need to materialize in to a unit this year. If he doesn't see a capable line this year from kids with game experience why would he put faith in more incoming freshman O-linemen.

In order for your opinion to move from dream to reality he will need to see tremendous improvement from the offensive line. If we cant show that we will have a line in place that is improving for his arrival, I just cant see him coming here.

You also make it sound like it has no chance of improving. The kids that Barney Cotton has brought in have been some pretty good finds. We are building depth at those positions which is something that we clearly lacked this year. Any time that freshman walk on to campus and are in you two deep rotation on the OL you know you werent deep from the start.

Sirles, Qvale, Ash, and Coffey will all help and show promise next year as I expect all of them to see significant playing time.

Here is the break down.

Sirles-redshirted

Qvale-redshirted

Ash-redshirted

Coffey-redshirted

That means that they will all be redshirted Sophs when Aaron is ready to set foot on a college campus.

Jake Cotton-who knows he may surprize people and be a guy who can add to our depth

In Aarons Class

Tyler Moore-committed-will be the top OT in his class (quote from Florida's OL coach)

As you can see there is young talent on our line as well as talent that is coming in. Dont worry about the kids that are seniors and juniors right now as they will be gone by the time Aaron Green gets to a college campus. Hopefully ours. This is what I took into account when I made that statement earlier. A lot of people need to start seeing the big picture instead of one year that we were cursed by injury all around our OL.

You once again misread my post. The youth we had on the line this year will be starters again next year with the people we red shirted. If after this year and next year we are improving before his arrival, I just cant see him coming here.

My point being we can use the youth excuse this year but not next year when we return 4 starters. So IF and I said IF our OL play is just as bad I do not see him coming here.

It all depends on what we look like next year as to whether we have a chance at all on this kid. Green has a ticket to go to any school in the country, with any system, any offensive line. He will most likely go to a top 5 program. (I realize that USC is not in the top 5 but look at their talent and they will be and have been for the last several years). We are simply not in the same conversation with schools like Tejas, USC, Alabama and OU when it comes to talent on offense.

If by some miracle we get the act together and put up some great rushing stats and look like a top 5 or at least a top 10 in the nation offense then with the family connection, I"d think we'd be attractive. If we are still having threads about who to fire on offense. If we still have threads about what a joke our offense is. If we still have threads talking about N greatness soley based on a great defense----then Green will not be considering us other than with lip service.

No back with a ticket to ride anywhere is going to pick a school with a scheme that does not showcase his talent and the personnel to run it.

We have all of next season to prove we belong in the mix. If we don't have a big 12 leading running game, with an all big 12 RB next year, I would doubt A Green considers us seriously. The good news we have a whole season to show him we belong.

Here is the break down.

Sirles-redshirted

Qvale-redshirted

Ash-redshirted

Coffey-redshirted

In Aarons Class

It all depends on what we look like next year as to whether we have a chance at all on this kid. Green has a ticket to go to any school in the country, with any system, any offensive line. He will most likely go to a top 5 program. (I realize that USC is not in the top 5 but look at their talent and they will be and have been for the last several years). We are simply not in the same conversation with schools like Tejas, USC, Alabama and OU when it comes to talent on offense.

If by some miracle we get the act together and put up some great rushing stats and look like a top 5 or at least a top 10 in the nation offense then with the family connection, I"d think we'd be attractive. If we are still having threads about who to fire on offense. If we still have threads about what a joke our offense is. If we still have threads talking about N greatness soley based on a great defense----then Green will not be considering us other than with lip service.

No back with a ticket to ride anywhere is going to pick a school with a scheme that does not showcase his talent and the personnel to run it.

We have all of next season to prove we belong in the mix. If we don't have a big 12 leading running game, with an all big 12 RB next year, I would doubt A Green considers us seriously. The good news we have a whole season to show him we belong.

you are discounting the possibility that some kids care about playing for (and with) the right people in the right environment. it would seem that the greens are fairly religious and have a good connection with ron brown. throw in the brother already being on campus, and we've got an excellent chance.

i do agree though that we also need to show him why he'll succeed here. however, that does not man that we need to be an offensive juggernaut next year. it means we continue showing a commitment to a strong running game along with the opportunity to prepare for the NFL by participating in a pro-style passing game.