SIGNED RB Aaron Green

I don't think that having one four star o lineman who will be a senior when he's a frosh will be a good sell at all. Please don't take offense to that. What I mean is that this kid has offers to anywhere he wants to go. I've heard his top three are NU, USC, and UT. Either SC or UT are going to have all four and five star o linemen for the past four years and on so the fact that we have one won't make much difference to him IMO. This one is going to come down to relationships IMO. I guess we can pump playing time to a point as well since he will be coming in when Helu is gone and he will likely get a ton of carries his freshmen year, but even then he's so good he'll get carries as a frosh wherever he goes.

I don't think that having one four star o lineman who will be a senior when he's a frosh will be a good sell at all. Please don't take offense to that. What I mean is that this kid has offers to anywhere he wants to go. I've heard his top three are NU, USC, and UT. Either SC or UT are going to have all four and five star o linemen for the past four years and on so the fact that we have one won't make much difference to him IMO. This one is going to come down to relationships IMO. I guess we can pump playing time to a point as well since he will be coming in when Helu is gone and he will likely get a ton of carries his freshmen year, but even then he's so good he'll get carries as a frosh wherever he goes.

There was a Texas guy that was posting on the rivals board before the championship game that said the battle for Aaron Green is a USC vs NU race and he is said to be an NU lean.

Everyone knows where and how our chances with Aaron Green stack up. We have Andrew. We are thisclose to getting his cousin, Austin Hill. We've got Moudy, Rodriquez, Hardrick, Moore and Reeves coming in to bolster the offensive line. Expect the full court press on Aaron to come into full effect the first week of February.

Everyone knows where and how our chances with Aaron Green stack up. We have Andrew. We are thisclose to getting his cousin, Austin Hill. We've got Moudy, Rodriquez, Hardrick, Moore and Reeves coming in to bolster the offensive line. Expect the full court press on Aaron to come into full effect the first week of February.

Not to mention the last 3 games we have played the exact offensive style he wants

Not to mention the last 3 games we have played the exact offensive style he wants

:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah

I sure hope we get him but the worst news for Huskers was Tejas stopping by the school last week. Unless we are great next year and truly look competitive with Texas over the long haul, which if looking at recruiting lists seems unlikely, Green if he is the back we all think him to be will likely be a Longhorn. I know it's not a popular thought but for a Texas kid to turn down a chance to play for Texas does not happen often. We can hope that this time it's different.

I sure hope we get him but the worst news for Huskers was Tejas stopping by the school last week. Unless we are great next year and truly look competitive with Texas over the long haul, which if looking at recruiting lists seems unlikely, Green if he is the back we all think him to be will likely be a Longhorn. I know it's not a popular thought but for a Texas kid to turn down a chance to play for Texas does not happen often. We can hope that this time it's different.

Really? Based on recruiting lists? :facepalm:

We've been competitive with Texas for years now. Texas should thank their lucky star NU can't close the deal or NU would be 3-0 against them the last 4 years.

P.S. But I agree that getting Green away from UT will be very difficult.

Really? Based on recruiting lists? :facepalm:

We've been competitive with Texas for years now. Texas should thank their lucky star NU can't close the deal or NU would be 3-0 against them the last 4 years.

P.S. But I agree that getting Green away from UT will be very difficult.

The biggest competition for Green is USC not Texas. Texas is after Hershall Sims and Trevin Williams harder than A. Green. Sure they stopped at his school but Im sure that they stop at a lot of other juniors schools as well.