SIGNED RB Aaron Green

EZ-E I mean no disrespect I believe Neb and USC are his leaders right now. But, I have a very very hard time believing he is/has already written off Texas. I think Texas isn't being talked about much now because they haven't made an official offer yet and well the 2011 class is almost irrelevant to them at this point. This is why I see a lot of Texas news in the Spring when they get out and really start recruiting. Should definitely be interesting but wouldn't count the Longhorns out just yet... he is from Texas after all.

does he even talk about us? or do you guys just get excited? i never see him say anything about NU.. wtf?

It has been said that NU is the leader for his committment because of his brother Andrew. We also run with a fullback in front of our backs like he likes to do.

Not to mention that Aaron has been on campus several times with his family. He was at the Big XII CCG also I believe. Aaron and the Coaches talk quite a bit from what Aaron has said in the past.

IN MY OPINION!!!!!!!! DONT ANYONE TAKE THIS OUT OF CONTEXT!!!! But IN MY OPINION I really think that he will be a husker.

In order for your opinion to move from dream to reality he will need to see tremendous improvement from the offensive line. If we cant show that we will have a line in place that is improving for his arrival, I just cant see him coming here.

Texas is going after two other possible 5* recruits in the state harder than Green...

That doesn't mean they are Texas locks. Texas has depth of big backs like Whaley... could come looking for Green come Spring or summer time as home run hitter type of back. Just saying it may appear like a two team race as of now but Texas can enter talk at there own discretion later. But, in the end I hope he will be N.

EZ-E I mean no disrespect I believe Neb and USC are his leaders right now. But, I have a very very hard time believing he is/has already written off Texas. I think Texas isn't being talked about much now because they haven't made an official offer yet and well the 2011 class is almost irrelevant to them at this point. This is why I see a lot of Texas news in the Spring when they get out and really start recruiting. Should definitely be interesting but wouldn't count the Longhorns out just yet... he is from Texas after all.

He hasnt written off the Longhorns yet but they are the dark horse as of now from what I have read and heard.

He hasnt written off the Longhorns yet but they are the dark horse as of now from what I have read and heard.

I agree Texas still has a chance. It could be very impressive for Green if Texas win the MNC and then comes calling after the signing day in Feb.

does he even talk about us? or do you guys just get excited? i never see him say anything about NU.. wtf?

It has been said that NU is the leader for his committment because of his brother Andrew. We also run with a fullback in front of our backs like he likes to do.

Not to mention that Aaron has been on campus several times with his family. He was at the Big XII CCG also I believe. Aaron and the Coaches talk quite a bit from what Aaron has said in the past.

IN MY OPINION!!!!!!!! DONT ANYONE TAKE THIS OUT OF CONTEXT!!!! But IN MY OPINION I really think that he will be a husker.

In order for your opinion to move from dream to reality he will need to see tremendous improves from the offensive line. If we cant show that we will have a line in place of improving for his arrival I cant see him coming here.

Im sure the staff doesnt have a glimmer of hope for Sirles, Qvale, Coffey, or Ash. A couple were said to be in that two deep rotation this year. Nor do they think that Moudy, A Rod will help out with overall depth and talent improvement either. Im also sure that Reeves and Moore wont help out with anything either. All of our young OL suck right? Even the ones that we are looking at. Our staff cant recruit OL. Barney sucks, we arent ever going to sign another offensive recruit in the history of our program. The sky is falling. There is not a glimer of hope at all. :sarcasm

:rant

In order for your opinion to move from dream to reality he will need to see tremendous improves from the offensive line. If we cant show that we will have a line in place of improving for his arrival I cant see him coming here.

Im sure the staff doesnt have a glimmer of hope for Sirles, Qvale, Coffey, or Ash. A couple were said to be in that two deep rotation this year. Nor do they think that Moudy, A Rod will help out with overall depth and talent improvement either. Im also sure that Reeves and Moore wont help out with anything either. All of our young OL suck right? Even the ones that we are looking at. Our staff cant recruit OL. Barney sucks, we arent ever going to sign another offensive recruit in the history of our program. The sky is falling. There is not a glimer of hope at all. :sarcasm

hahahaha well put. Pshh and I thought our O-line was the only glimmer of hope in the future. Well apparently NOT! :lol:

There are reasons that the 2009 OL recruits are said to be able to make early impacts.

There is a reason A Rod made the top 100 this year. There is a reason that Reeves probably will make that list in 2011. There is a reason that the coaches from a school called FLORIDA said that Tyler Moore is the top OL recruit in 2011.

If we could get another TOP O-line recruit aka Westerman or someone like that.....having 3 o-line studs would be HUGE in getting Green, Turner, or any other "skill position" players...

Yea, Westerman would be a huge piece! I heard that Reeves and Moore were both talking to him to get him N. Can anyone clarify that? If so thats a great sign that they would want to be together. Westerman also traveled to Lincoln for that camp. So obviously there is some interest there on his part.

If we could get another TOP O-line recruit aka Westerman or someone like that.....having 3 o-line studs would be HUGE in getting Green, Turner, or any other "skill position" players...

Yea, Westerman would be a huge piece! I heard that Reeves and Moore were both talking to him to get him N. Can anyone clarify that? If so thats a great sign that they would want to be together. Westerman also traveled to Lincoln for that camp. So obviously there is some interest there on his part.

There was an article awhile back that said we had made Westerman's top 5. I know that Moore said that he was going to help recruit both Westerman and Green.

Of course that's what my comment below indicated. All I said was all the talent and promise from those OL recruit need to materialize in to a unit this year. If he doesn't see a capable line this year from kids with game experience why would he put faith in more incoming freshman O-linemen.

In order for your opinion to move from dream to reality he will need to see tremendous improvement from the offensive line. If we cant show that we will have a line in place that is improving for his arrival, I just cant see him coming here.

Of course that's what my comment below indicated. All I said was all the talent and promise from those OL recruit need to materialize in to a unit this year. If he doesn't see a capable line this year from kids with game experience why would he put faith in more incoming freshman O-linemen.

You also make it sound like it has no chance of improving. The kids that Barney Cotton has brought in have been some pretty good finds. We are building depth at those positions which is something that we clearly lacked this year. Any time that freshman walk on to campus and are in you two deep rotation on the OL you know you werent deep from the start.

Sirles, Qvale, Ash, and Coffey will all help and show promise next year as I expect all of them to see significant playing time.

Here is the break down.

Two classes above Aaron Green for the OL we have:

Sirles-redshirted

Qvale-redshirted

Ash-redshirted

Coffey-redshirted

That means that they will all be redshirted Sophs when Aaron is ready to set foot on a college campus.

One class above Aaron we have

A Rod-should Redshirt by next year

Moudy-should also redshirt next year

Jake Cotton-who knows he may surprize people and be a guy who can add to our depth

That means they will all be RS Freshman in 2011

In Aarons Class

Ryne Reeves-committed-will probably be in the top 100 of his class

Tyler Moore-committed-will be the top OT in his class (quote from Florida's OL coach)

A few of the Prospects we are in on:

Westerman-made his top 5 last I knew-he will also make the top 100 of his class

Derek Farniok- new guy on the radar from North Dakota- He is 6ft8 300+ lbs.

As you can see there is young talent on our line as well as talent that is coming in. Dont worry about the kids that are seniors and juniors right now as they will be gone by the time Aaron Green gets to a college campus. Hopefully ours. This is what I took into account when I made that statement earlier. A lot of people need to start seeing the big picture instead of one year that we were cursed by injury all around our OL.